Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

No plans as of right now. I think I'm beer drinking at the pool tomorrow. What's up with everyone?

vCash
    Looking like a Gulf Coast fish/beer tour for us this weekend. Fried speckled trout and Chandeleur Surfside Pineapple Wheat last night, redfish tacos and Chandeleur Freemason Ale tonight and crab boiled sheepshead over steaks tomorrow night with a lazy magnolia of some sort tomorrow night. After this sauce I made for the tacos tonight, I may not ever cook redfish another way again - very good.

vCash
    Just got back from another kayak fishing trip on the Flint. Nice crappie, shoal bass, 20" catfish and a dozen bluegill to go with them in the ice chest. Great mixed bag for dinner tomorrow.

I have a four beer trial I will get to a bit later, and some more lamb kabobs. Grandparents are in town, so the wife and I have time to play tomorrow night. May hit up the Stone Brewing complex here in HSV.

vCash
    Just kicked back from an insane busy day at work. Watching Making the Mob: Chicago on AMC and drinking a New Belgium Heavy Melon Ale.

Sapper, that's what I call getting it done on the yak!

Great looking fish tacos Speck. Tell me more about crab boiled Sheepshead. I'm intrigued

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Tell me more about crab boiled Sheepshead. I'm intrigued
    Tie up the filet in cheese cloth and drop in pot of boiling water that is seasoned to the same way you would boil shrimp, etc. I cut the heat almost immediately and let it sit for ~10min. When it's done, it crumbles like crab meat and is a great topping on steaks or just as a main. A captain in Hopedale turned me on to this and I never toss a sheepy back after trying it this way.

vCash
    Just planted a crepe myrtle. Damn it's hot outside.

vCash
    Lunch

bacon and tomato sandwich

Dinner

Ribeye with tater and salad

Last edited by BeastMan; 07-16-2016 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Great weekend on the river. Got my dad out on the yak, and we managed to catch a fair amount of both crappie and bluegill. No pics of the meal tonight, as it went down too fast.

vCash
    Worked around the house today. Hot, but nice ocean breeze. Decided for dinner to throw some Corona and limes in the cooler, grab some Larry's Giant Subs, and my beach chairs, pop the top off the Jeep and have a late sunset picnic on the beach with the W Girl. Life at the beach is so much more than the Salt Life stickers.**

vCash
    We'll blame the blurry picture on the Malbec, but filets with sheepshead and baked potatoes. We have put a hurting on the freezer's fish stock this week. Time to go catch some more...

vCash
    At the inlaws for dinner. Trying an Oatsmobile pale ale. Pretty good

vCash
    Pepper steak, rice n gravy, and zipper peas. I don't even know what the hell a zipper pea is but they're good

vCash
    We got a heavy rain yesterday that muddied the river, but I managed to get four nice sized bluegill for an experimental cook to end the weekend. I grilled these using the method linked, and made the basil vinegarette for the sauce. Absolutely amazing. I cannot reccomend this recipe enough:

http://honest-food.net/2011/08/07/si...sh-with-basil/