Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Tucker of AJC rips Dan over Simmons

vCash

Kyle Tucker of AJC rips Dan over Simmons

it's on SEC Country if anyone feels like giving them a click.

vCash
    Finebaum said Mullen's comments were 'incredibly stupid' Link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Finebaum said Mullen's comments were 'incredibly stupid' Link
    And Finebaum knows that Alabama would have done the same thing, only with better PR. Same exact damn thing. Blow it out your ass, Finebaum.

Banned
    vCash
    Guys, we knew this was coming. But I want someone go ask Finebaum if he hates Les Miles over Jalen Mills.

vCash
    **** them. Seriously. We soldier on
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    And Finebaum knows that Alabama would have done the same thing, only with better PR. Same exact damn thing. Blow it out your ass, Finebaum.
    Agreed, in that clip it's like Finebaum is trying really hard to come across as angry. Like he often does, Finebaum wants to win the PR battle.

vCash
    Mullen was dead right. That's the problem these days. Accuracy is seen as stupidity.
    I feel for Mullen. In a bad spot. Reminds me of McElroy at the table last night.

vCash
    Who cares, I actually thought his comment was legitimate. It may have been a little overly flippant and not well thought out, but knowing the whole situation, he probably genuinely believes his wife/daughter would not end up in a similar situation.

Basically, what he's saying without really saying it is, 'There's more to this story, this isn't a case of a guy who just decided to start beating a woman.' But the media is in the outrage business, so regardless of whether they actually care about his comments or not, there you go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    **** them. Seriously. We soldier on
    I could care less what Finbaum and Bo Bounds thinks. Both pin heads.

vCash
    Who really cares? And why give them a click? None of this media diarrhea on Simmons means a hill of beans once games start. The only real impact would have been if we had not admitted Simmons. I would rather have the media upset with us having Simmons than be getting false pats on the back from the media with Simmons playing for a different SEC or other D1 team.

vCash
    Simmons will keep his nose clean and have a stellar career at MSU. Then be a 1st round pick.

Screw 'em.

vCash
    I'm OK with it & my only hope is that they'll treat the rest of the SEC coaches the same.

I agree with the decision to keep Simmons, but I think it's also important that society holds people accountable for decisions to keep people that do things like Simmons did.

At one point in time, football coaches were divine emperors that did whatever they wanted, &, while they are still emperors, I have no problem with there being increased pressure on coaches to do the right thing & hope that that pressure leads to more accountability & more thoughtful decisions down the road.

Again, I agree with Mullen keeping Simmons, but am perfectly OK with the media raking people over the coals & holding them accountable for that decision because it's that pressure that will be a deterrent & make universities think twice about who they accept on their team & who they don't.

vCash
    I would have expected as much. Finebaum likes Ole Miss, and dislikes MSU. **** him.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    If Simmons does mess up again, I'll be right out front telling Mullen to kick him off the team. I won't question it. And I have a feeling that Mullen would discipline him accordingly given the microscope will be on him even moreso than usual.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Simmons will keep his nose clean and have a stellar career at MSU. Then be a 1st round pick.

Screw 'em.
    I'll be curious how this incident effects Simmons' aggressiveness on the field. That may sound crazy, but I know, if I did the same thing, I'd be scared to let my emotions & aggression ever take over again. Hopefully, he learns to compartmentalize & know how & when to turn the switch on & off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm OK with it & my only hope is that they'll treat the rest of the SEC coaches the same.

I agree with the decision to keep Simmons, but I think it's also important that society holds people accountable for decisions to keep people that do things like Simmons did.

At one point in time, football coaches were divine emperors that did whatever they wanted, &, while they are still emperors, I have no problem with there being increased pressure on coaches to do the right thing & hope that that pressure leads to more accountability & more thoughtful decisions down the road.

Again, I agree with Mullen keeping Simmons, but am perfectly OK with the media raking people over the coals & holding them accountable for that decision because it's that pressure that will be a deterrent & make universities think twice about who they accept on their team & who they don't.
    As long as they're fair... Think they'll question freeze over the kid that sexually assaulted his team mates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    As long as they're fair... Think they'll question freeze over the kid that sexually assaulted his team mates?
    Agree. As long as they are fair. They won't do with that Freeze because the story will be about the investigation & his player's sexual assault wasn't a front page story.

vCash
    Jamies Winston says to 17 them all in the pu$$y.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No, they won't ask about any of the players that have had a violent incident in their past if it wasn't captured on video.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'll be curious how this incident effects Simmons' aggressiveness on the field. That may sound crazy, but I know, if I did the same thing, I'd be scared to let my emotions & aggression ever take over again. Hopefully, he learns to compartmentalize & know how & when to turn the switch on & off
    Newsflash, chief. He won't be lining up against any women. He can (and will) turn it loose all he needs to.

Do you know something I don't know about the future of titty IX?