Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icast 2016

vCash

Icast 2016

Anybody else watching the #Icast2016 hashtag on Twitter and Instagram today? So far I've seen topwater baby duck lures as well as Perception and Wilderness Systems jumping in the pedal kayak game. I'll update with some pics I'm seeing later.

vCash
    My main office is in Orlando...I made a strategic mistake not being there this week for "business".

vCash
    Great link describing new perception pedal drive kayaks. Looks awesome

http://www.yakangler.com/kayaks-and-...ore-icast-2016

vCash
    Yozuri inshore 3D series

Live target has some perch swimbaits that look killer for bass

vCash
    Apparently topwater ducks are the rage this year

vCash
    Old towne kayak's new pedal drive offering. Looks good

vCash
    LunkerHunt segmented topwater. Interesting idea. Would love to see it in the water

vCash
    Feel free kayak's "Overdrive System". This looks sick

https://www.rapidmedia.com/kayakangl...38755-84715065

vCash
    Pelican looks to have stepped it up with the new Catch 120 NXT. Don't know the MSRP but I assume they are trying to jump in that entry level price range Ascend took over

vCash
    Lookout Wade fishers. Penn Slammer III. Completely sealed gears

vCash
    One of the new campaigns coming out from the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers at ICAST is the Stream Access Now initiative: http://www.backcountryhunters.org/streamaccessnow

"For anglers, waterfowlers and other sportsmen, access to streams and waterways is the most important factor in our participation in – and the perpetuation of – our storied outdoor traditions. Our access opportunities, however, are far from guaranteed. Well-moneyed efforts are underway to change existing stream access laws, which vary widely from state to state, to bar us from fishing, wading, floating or otherwise utilizing these important resources. But despite all that’s at stake, no national sportsmen’s group has undertaken activities to address the issue. Until now.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers’ Stream Access Now campaign is a new effort to achieve the BHA mission to improve public fishing and hunting access and opportunity nationwide. BHA has emerged as the leading sportsmen’s voice on issues related to conservation of our public lands and waters – and our ability to access these places. We believe that streambed walking access, so essential to our outdoor opportunities, is not being discussed or defended at a national level – and in some states, sportsmen are literally losing ground.

Stream Access Now focuses not only on engaging and informing anglers and other sportsmen about stream access; it also works to combat the greatest threats to access, state by state."

This will be increasing my important as the congress is moving to transfer current public lands and waters to the States...which will ultimately result in access restrictions.

vCash
    Nice write up on the old towns predator pedal drive

http://www.yakoutlaws.com/predator-p.../#!prettyPhoto

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Pelican looks to have stepped it up with the new Catch 120 NXT. Don't know the MSRP but I assume they are trying to jump in that entry level price range Ascend took over

Looks to retail between $750 and $800, and is widely available...Dicks, Academy, etc. About half what the new Native Ultimate FX is going for. It's heavy though...69 lbs.

vCash
    Did you see the Hobie reversible drive?

I haven't seen the tweets (I don't tweet) but there have been a couple things on W2F and Facebook

The Minn Kota Ultrex is sick, but I'd be scared to see how much it costs.. I'd imagine at least 3K for a trolling motor.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    By the way, you guys want to go rainbow trout fishing in Alabama?
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    Did you see the Hobie reversible drive?

I haven't seen the tweets (I don't tweet) but there have been a couple things on W2F and Facebook

The Minn Kota Ultrex is sick, but I'd be scared to see how much it costs.. I'd imagine at least 3K for a trolling motor.
    Whenever Native was using the reverse pedaling against Hobie you had to figure that was their next move. That trolling motor does look pretty sick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Looks to retail between $750 and $800, and is widely available...Dicks, Academy, etc. About half what the new Native Ultimate FX is going for. It's heavy though...69 lbs.
    That puts it in direct competition with the Ascend Fs128t (I have this one) and the Field and stream shadow caster. If you're spending less than $1k on a yak, you're getting so much more bang for your buck than you used to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    By the way, you guys want to go rainbow trout fishing in Alabama?
    I'm down. I have several flyrods in case anyone wants to borrow or try one out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    That puts it in direct competition with the Ascend Fs128t (I have this one) and the Field and stream shadow caster. If you're spending less than $1k on a yak, you're getting so much more bang for your buck than you used to.
    No doubt...and I am seeing more and more of them on the creeks, rivers and lakes every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    I'm down. I have several flyrods in case anyone wants to borrow or try one out.
    I've never been on a fly fishing trip. Wonder if I could be proficient