Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Oxford experience

vCash

My Oxford experience

I'm 63 and on O2 pretty much 24/7. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I parked in a handicap spot and as I was getting out of the car this guy about 40-45 made a smart ass remark saying,"you sure are brave to be in Oxford with that MSU alumni sticker on your car". I said, I sure as hell hadn't seen anything yet that would cause me any concern. He just looked at me and smiled and walked off. I said loud enough for him to hear me, what a asshole.

vCash
    The problem/difference is the UM fans that live in Starkville don't get treated like complete & utter shit. They may just get ignored, if anything. Ugh. Drives me insane. We're too nice & they're over the edge trashy & classless.

vCash
    Did you get a BJ while there? I hear they are easy to get in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Nice

Banned
    vCash
    Dude, learn some verbal self-defense. The guy wanted a reaction and you gave him one. An appropriate response would have been, "If I switched, could I stop paying taxes?" or something like that. He would have been floored, maybe even had a laugh with you.

A response out of anger is EXACTLY what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    The problem/difference is the UM fans that live in Starkville don't get treated like complete & utter shit. They may just get ignored, if anything. Ugh. Drives me insane. We're too nice & they're over the edge trashy & classless.
    Some guy was wearing a big red OM shirt at Super Bulldawg back in April. He was sitting about ten rows over but that red pos shirt stuck out like a sore thumb. No one said a thing to him as far as I could tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Some guy was wearing a big red OM shirt at Super Bulldawg back in April. He was sitting about ten rows over but that red pos shirt stuck out like a sore thumb. No one said a thing to him as far as I could tell.
    WELL COLOR ME SHOCKED!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Probably because being total assholes to strangers just because they have on a different shirt or car sticker isn't something MSU fans pride themselves on. I for 1 appreciate that we haven't sunk to that level of idiocy.

vCash
    Instead we just roll over & take it. I, for one, don't like that tactic either. I'm sick of it.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Instead we just roll over & take it. I, for one, don't like that tactic either. I'm sick of it.
    I don't roll over & take anything. I'm my own individual but I don't go around being a total dick & dumbass to any & every person with any kind of OM apparel on. I can't tell you what the answer is but being total assholes just because I can't get on that train. Give me a reason & I'm there but doing something just to do it I'll pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't roll over & take anything. I'm my own individual but I don't go around being a total dick & dumbass to any & every person with any kind of OM apparel on. I can't tell you what the answer is but being total assholes just because I can't get on that train. Give me a reason & I'm there but doing something just to do it I'll pass.
    I ignore ole miss fans and expect the same from them.. If i see you walking down the street in Starkville or France for that matter and you have an Ole Miss shirt on or any shirt for that matter then I will ignore you... I don't make a habit of harassing strangers because of shirts they wear.. In the about four times I have had experiences like the one that started this thread my go to response is "Hey why don't you go f*** urself and not worry about my shirt" doesn't matter if they are an 18 year old smart ass or 78.. Typically if you tell them that they will walk away hurriedly in my experience..

vCash
    I'm about the same age. Went to my first Egg Bowl in Oxford at age 6. Got spit on because I was wearing a State jacket. More toxic my a$$.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash

Well

if you gonna bitch about it, why didn't you kick the shit out of him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    rep given!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawg View Post
    I ignore ole miss fans and expect the same from them.. If i see you walking down the street in Starkville or France for that matter and you have an Ole Miss shirt on or any shirt for that matter then I will ignore you... I don't make a habit of harassing strangers because of shirts they wear.. In the about four times I have had experiences like the one that started this thread my go to response is "Hey why don't you go f*** urself and not worry about my shirt" doesn't matter if they are an 18 year old smart ass or 78.. Typically if you tell them that they will walk away hurriedly in my experience..
    This is how I handle them as well. You're wearing OM garb? You're invisible to me.

I walked into a physical therapist and the receptionist made a smart ass comment about my State shirt. I ignored the comment but asked the receptionist to reschedule my appointment at the other location. The PT came out and apologized. They are douches.

vCash
    My wife and I were at our cabin at lake Martin over in Alabama a few weeks ago. My wife went to a nearby hooty tooty market to pick something up. She was in my truck which has a state plate on the front. A guy walked by and asked her if she went to state, she said yes she had. He asked "if you went to state, how can YOU afford a place over here". She just looked at him. He then said he had gone to ole miss. She said "you didn't have to tell me, I already figured that out".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdawg View Post
    My wife and I were at our cabin at lake Martin over in Alabama a few weeks ago. My wife went to a nearby hooty tooty market to pick something up. She was in my truck which has a state plate on the front. A guy walked by and asked her if she went to state, she said yes she had. He asked "if you went to state, how can YOU afford a place over here". She just looked at him. He then said he had gone to ole miss. She said "you didn't have to tell me, I already figured that out".
    You would be shocked how often it happens to me and my kids in coastal GA. My teenagers hear it from 50 year old douches on St. Simons. My daughter normally replies with "you couldn't get into UGA and chose your school based on its party rep and Confederate flags. Your parents must have been proud."

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawg View Post
    I ignore ole miss fans and expect the same from them.. If i see you walking down the street in Starkville or France for that matter and you have an Ole Miss shirt on or any shirt for that matter then I will ignore you...
    was at a remote orange juice stand on a Greek island wearing an M state shirt & 4 girls rode up on two four wheelers. One said Do you go to state? I said Hail yeah. so she said We go to ole miss! I said Boooo. We exchanged pleasantries & they drove off without orange juice. I like to think I would've ignored them if the shirt was on the other foot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Agreed. Like I said all day, there has to be a way to fight back without sinking to their level. But we must start rallying around other Dawgs like C34 when they pull this bullshit of going after people on a personal and professional level.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I was in Oxford after Mullen thrashed them in '09. Don't know exactly when, but at some point one of their fans ripped the front license plate bracket off my truck that had a Big Dawg tag on it. Not specifically an MSU plate, just one of the generic "If you can't run with the big dogs..." plates you've probably seen. Regardless, one of those assholes predictably took offense and vandalized my truck. The plate was similar to this:
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22