Thread: End of Paul Young Era

vCash

End of Paul Young Era

Signed with the Royals. Well that was fun.

vCash
    Ha....Paul, we hardly knew ye.....

vCash
    Will it even matter? Did we think he was going to make a difference next year? Good for him he was able to get a deal done. Good luck Paul!

vCash
    Don't worry about our arms next year... We have a deep stable...

vCash
    I'm still amazed at the roster situation in which we kept Paul Young and cut Luke Reynolds. Oh well, Bigfoot is gone now.

vCash
    At least we can stop hearing about him. Most talked about pitcher who pitched a total of 6 innings in two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    At least we can stop hearing about him. Most talked about pitcher who pitched a total of 6 innings in two years.
    Yep, and those 6 innings were nothing to write home about.

vCash
    good. get him out of the way and I can quit wondering if he will ever do anything.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 07-06-2016 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    Which pitcher ran like Joe Dirt? Was it Daniel Brown?

vCash
    Reminds me of that Dixon guy that Cohen signed his first or second year. We heard about his potential for 2 or 3 years, and he barely sniffed the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm still amazed at the roster situation in which we kept Paul Young and cut Luke Reynolds. Oh well, Bigfoot is gone now.
    One was a walk on and one was not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    So you can't cut a player that is not a walk on?

vCash
    So you can't cut a player that is not a walk on?
    It's because of the roster rules. If you are on scholarship you have to count towards the 35 man roster. I believe 27 have to be on some form of scholarship so we can only carry 8 walk-ons. So if you cut someone on scholarship you essentially lose a roster spot.

Just another reason college coaches hate the NCAA rules in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's because of the roster rules. If you are on scholarship you have to count towards the 35 man roster. I believe 27 have to be on some form of scholarship so we can only carry 8 walk-ons. So if you cut someone on scholarship you essentially lose a roster spot.

Just another reason college coaches hate the NCAA rules in baseball.
    Not to belabor the point but I guess I'm curious now, did we actually have 8 walk-ons on the roster this year? If so, we had 8 walk-ons that got spots ahead of Reynolds? Does a guy on an academic scholarship or some other non-athletic aid still count as a walk-on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Neither were on scholarship last year. Hell Dakota wasn't on scholarship last year.

vCash
    Not to belabor the point but I guess I'm curious now, did we actually have 8 walk-ons on the roster this year? If so, we had 8 walk-ons that got spots ahead of Reynolds? Does a guy on an academic scholarship or some other non-athletic aid still count as a walk-on?
    Yes a guy in just academic counts as a walk on. Only the 27 on baseball aid have "secure spots" when the fall starts.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Probably see him in 6 years and think to ourselves, now here's a guy who couldn't pitch for us at the time and now throwing in the All-Star game. That's baseball.