Thread: Mid Week on the Marsh

vCash

Mid Week on the Marsh

My day is starting off better than yours - headed out the Little Satilla to Umbrella Cut near Cumberland Island to see how they are biting.

vCash
    Awesome! Let us know how you did

vCash
    Got squat. A croaker, a small whitting, and 2 baby black tips were all I got. Nothing hitting today in the marsh or the sound. I think inshore may be done for the summer. Too damn hot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Got squat. A croaker, a small whitting, and 2 baby black tips were all I got. Nothing hitting today in the marsh or the sound. I think inshore may be done for the summer. Too damn hot!
    If it's anything like MS or LA, we gotta hit that shallow water very early and then switch to deep cuts, preferably connecting ponds or at the mouth of bays. We tried the rigs for trout over the weekend using that thinking but didn't catch anything!
    Last edited by BeastMan; 07-06-2016 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If it's anything like MS or LA, we gotta hit that shallow water very early and then switch to deep cuts, preferably connecting ponds or at the mouth of bays. We tried the rigs for trout over the weekend using that thinking but didn't catch anything!
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same here. I was dropping a line in shallow water at 7:15. Tried a pond at 8:30 hoping for reds, then headed for the deep sound between Jekyll and Cumberland fishing a hole right off a sand bar - we usually hit whitting there. The only boats out were charters with tourists - which is always a sign not to fish. My dad's boat is a 19' Winner, and it beats you to death crossing the sounds or getting out beachside so the options are limited on hot days.

But, I got to spend time with my Parents and my son, so I don't care. I'm done for the summer though unless we get a cool snap or someone takes me offshore on a bigger boat.

vCash
    We smoked the reds around Leeville this past Friday and Saturday early in the morning, but especially late when the ponds were draining into the bigger lakes. it didn't last long in the evening, 30 minutes to an hour, but it was awesome while it did.

vCash
    Sure beats a day at work.

Duckdawg, good to hear. We are thinking about a kayak trip to Leeville this weekend.