Thread: The Dude - # 3 by Stadium Journey

vCash

The Dude - # 3 by Stadium Journey

Not quite sure who ever reads anything by this site (unless you're looking for where your teams' facilities rank), but the Dude is # 3 in the Stadium Journey rankings for gameday experience in NCAA ballparks for 2016. No real information, just a paragraph about each park.

BTW I'm a little surprised they don't refer to it as "Polk-Dement Stadium at Dudy Noble Field," but it probably ups their credibility by just calling it "Dudy Noble Field."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Give us your tired and weak and we will make them strong. Bring us your foreign songs and we will sing along.
    Leave us your broken dreams, we'll give them time to mend. There's still a lot of love living in the Promiseland"
    - as sung by Willie Nelson

vCash
    Do we know what MSU will call the new stadium?

I hope it doesn't have Polk-Dement in it unless Polk & Dement are major donors to the new stadium. If I were the major donor to the new stadium, I'd be appalled if the old name stuck. And the only constant in this hold deal is the field, Dudy Noble Field.

vCash
    Ole Miss probably cheated to get to number 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post

I hope it doesn't have Polk-Dement in it unless Polk & Dement are major donors to the new stadium. If I were the major donor to the new stadium, I'd be appalled if the old name stuck. And the only constant in this hold deal is the field, Dudy Noble Field.
    A month or so ago when there were threads about the new Dude and Polk, I got curious about the same thing and went back to look at the rendering video. "Dudy Noble" is very prominent in several places, but I only saw "Polk-Dement" in one place at the home plate entrance, and it was pretty understated.

I understand the the "Dude" name is what everyone uses, but I thought it interesting that the stadium itself is what is being rebuilt, yet the "Polk-Dement" part is going relatively unsaid. I think we are basically sending a message to Polk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post

When we played at Dorman Hall, I believe the baseball stadium was called Dudy-Noble Field. It was definitely called Dudy-Noble Field before and after the renovations in the 80's. I imagine it will still be Dudy-Noble after this phase of renovations. Now sure, someone like Farm Beaureu or Deep South Pout may stick their name on it but it's still going to be Dudy-Noble Field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    A month or so ago when there were threads about the new Dude and Polk, I got curious about the same thing and went back to look at the rendering video. "Dudy Noble" is very prominent in several places, but I only saw "Polk-Dement" in one place at the home plate entrance, and it was pretty understated.

I understand the the "Dude" name is what everyone uses, but I thought it interesting that the stadium itself is what is being rebuilt, yet the "Polk-Dement" part is going relatively unsaid. I think we are basically sending a message to Polk.
    They will definitely at the very least keep the Dement family name on it somewhere as they should. I would keep Polk's name on it only because there are a lot of former players that it would potentially piss off if we took his name off and some are very influential in terms of money and are people we want to keep as friends. Most of our famous baseball alum have some ties to Polk in some way shape or form.

We don't need to send Polk a message- we've already done that by hiring Cohen and then proving him wrong by going to three SR, winning the SEC Tournament, winning the SEC and going to the CWS finals the past six seasons. Keeping his name on the stadium allows him to be further shamed when young children ask their Daddies who Polk was and then the story of him being a great coach who completely lost his mind because he put himself over the program would be lost otherwise. It's a great lesson and I believe that's how you learn and not repeat mistakes- by learning from the past.

vCash
    If it was my 50 million it wouldn't have anybody's name other tha Dudy Noble. It should be something timeless and classic like The Ballpark at Dudy Noble or The Stadium at Dudy Noble. Maybe if I had a spate 50 I would feel the need to see my name in concrete but I doubt it.

Banned
    vCash
    That list is f*cking ridiculous. SMDH. People suck.

vCash
    Why hyphenate the man's name? Dudy Noble is one person. Clark Randolph "Dudy" Noble. It's not Dudy-Noble.

ETA: That sounds much harsher in written word than it did in my head. Wasn't being a dick.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 07-06-2016 at 12:24 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Why hyphenate the man's name? Dudy Noble is one person. Clark Randolph "Dudy" Noble. It's not Dudy-Noble.
    I think my auto correct did that for some reason and I didn't notice it.

vCash
    Dudy Noble Field will stay. your 15 million or so will just get you to name the park.

Dudy Noble Field at Lazy Magnolia Park.

I'd move polks name to coaches offices. Then move Dements name to something else like the clubhouse.

vCash
    Yeah see I don't understand that list. Any player, parent, writer, or fan in general that has been to LSU, South Carolina, and Mississippi State to witness a baseball game in person can not realistically come away with those two places ahead of Mississippi State for game day experiences in baseball. I've been to all 3 and there is no comparisons what so ever. The crowd may get a little loud because of the metal roof over them but the overall experience is not even close!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Now sure, someone like Farm Beaureu or Deep South Pout may stick their name on it but it's still going to be Dudy-Noble Field.
    If we name our new stadium "Deep South Pout Stadium at Dudy Noble Field" I may never attend another game in my life.