Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question on Andrew White

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I actually like Holman if he can get in better shape and add some weight. He has long arms so he gives us a shot blocker and rebounder. He also looks like he has decent shooting form for a big man. I have no info but I just liked him down the stretch. You could tell when his conditioning got to him. He also needed to get bigger to bang down low.
    I really like Holman also. He played last year at around 210lbs. He's already up to 222lbs with a goal of 230lbs. He's never going to be a big kid but if he can just get stronger & not get pushed around so easy he will be a big part of the team whether as a starter or a 6th man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Gotcha, his game is similar to Jamont's and Chicken's I am thinking as well as Obasahan from Bama. With his size, I do like him at the 3 (6'5").
    I honestly believe he's a better athlete than all of them...at least Jamont and Obasohan. Chicken was a phenomenal athlete as well, but Wright is about as good as it gets athletically.

vCash
    Damn how can you talk about the talent we have and not get excited about this season. I hope this team gels early and often and we can get to the tournament

vCash
    I'm ready to see Stapleton healthy doing some of those top 10 dunks in The Hump. State basketball needs that excitement again.

vCash
    This team is filled with the right type of players that Howland likes to develop. He has a history of getting the most out of players who want to work and get better but are talented (4 star types). Where he has run into trouble in the past were the five stars who came in not as hungry to prove themselves and believed their hype too much. Sound familiar?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    It's Syracuse or Louisville...My prediction is Louisville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It's Syracuse or Louisville...My prediction is Louisville.
    Louisville is closer to home. Not sure if that plays a factor or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Louisville is closer to home. Not sure if that plays a factor or not.
    Louisville also has spot to fill in losing Damion Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Louisville also has spot to fill in losing Damion Lee.
    True but Syracuse lost Michael Gbinije, Trevor Cooney, & Malachi Richardson which was basically all of their 3pt production.

vCash
    he'd have to compete with Matthew Moyer..I am not saying he couldn't but the main reason I predict Louisville is proximity to home. Although I do hope I am wrong and Ben Howland sweeps him off his feet.

vCash
    The key is get him to campus but with family.

As much as he was to want us, we need to see what their "Horatio" factor is.

If you read some of the departure articles from Nebraska, may be more of a circus than your normal transfer. But this isn't Howland's first rodeo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    The key is get him to campus but with family.

As much as he was to want us, we need to see what their "Horatio" factor is.

If you read some of the departure articles from Nebraska, may be more of a circus than your normal transfer. But this isn't Howland's first rodeo.
    Is he considering visiting us? Agree that will have to happen to even be in the game for him. Right now sounds like we aren't in the game.

vCash

Cinci and VCU are also in the running.

nm

vCash
    I do not expect us to get Andrew White. We've missed out on a lot of 5th year guys. Hope next year we do better. Main targets for this class are Weatherspoon, Feazell, and Brooks. We will see who else somebody will explode on to the scene this year as well.

vCash
    I think getting good senior transfers is tough bc we haven't been good in so long. A 5th year player is generally gonna want to go somewhere they feel they can get to the tourney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNHEVESYMADE View Post
    I do not expect us to get Andrew White. We've missed out on a lot of 5th year guys. Hope next year we do better. Main targets for this class are Weatherspoon, Feazell, and Brooks. We will see who else somebody will explode on to the scene this year as well.
    I just don't see it working with Brooks unless some things are smoothed over. I know we're still recruiting him & the staff is hopeful but I just don't see it as of now.

vCash
    I just don't see it working with Brooks unless some things are smoothed over. I know we're still recruiting him & the staff is hopeful but I just don't see it as of now.
    How do you guys feel about nick weatherspoon? Could a strong freshman campaign by peters knock us out of the running?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How do you guys feel about nick weatherspoon? Could a strong freshman campaign by peters knock us out of the running?
    I don't see why. I can see them both playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He'll be signed before the season starts & like dawg-gone said they could play together if need be. I don't see Nick being scared of competition either.

vCash
    He'll be signed before the season starts & like dawg-gone said they could play together if need be. I don't see Nick being scared of competition either.
    Good. Nick is my #1 target. Really want this kid