Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question on Andrew White

vCash

Quick question on Andrew White

If we did get him, I'm assuming he would play the three and we would start Kegler at the stretch four. That would allow Q to move up to the SG position and have four legit three point shooters on the court with Herard in the middle. Our starting five would be:

PG Ready/Peters
    SG Q/Wright/Carter
    SF White/Stapleton
    PF Kegler/Holman/Datcher
    C Herard/Ado

This is an NCAA tournament team. What am I missing? If we got White to replace Newman, we would come out way ahead IMO.

vCash
    If Kegler can play stretch 4 I don't see a problem with it. I don't really know about him starting in front of Holman even though Kegler is probably the better player but I like the line up. I know IYOK said Ziegler reached out to White but does anyone know anymore on that situation? I would love to add this kid that would be big time for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If we did get him, I'm assuming he would play the three and we would start Kegler at the stretch four. That would allow Q to move up to the SG position and have four legit three point shooters on the court with Herard in the middle. Our starting five would be:

PG Ready/Peters
    SG Q/Wright/Carter
    SF White/Stapleton
    PF Kegler/Holman/Datcher
    C Herard/Ado

This is an NCAA tournament team. What am I missing? If we got White to replace Newman, we would come out way ahead IMO.
    Has White given any indication on what teams he is giving serious consideration to?

vCash

PG Ready/Peters
    SG Q/Wright/Carter
    SF White/Stapleton
    PF Kegler/Holman/Datcher
    C Herard/Ado

And if White comes in and balls out we definitely get the better hand just because he's an instant impact player and adds great chemistry to the team more than likely. When Newman has to sit a year is a known cancer and may or may not ever pan out in college. White has shown he can compete and hopefully we can get him in here and get him drafted high. All around better for everybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    If Kegler can play stretch 4 I don't see a problem with it. I don't really know about him starting in front of Holman even though Kegler is probably the better player but I like the line up. I know IYOK said Ziegler reached out to White but does anyone know anymore on that situation? I would love to add this kid that would be big time for this team.
    Yes, we definitely reached out to him and are interested. Another message board confirmed what IYOK stated on here earlier. I love IYOK's information. It's pretty spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Has White given any indication on what teams he is giving serious consideration to?
    Only one I have seen is Louisville. If we can get him to visit and show him how we would use him, you would have to like our chances.

vCash
    Yes, we definitely reached out to him and are interested. Another message board confirmed what IYOK stated on here earlier. I love IYOK's information. It's pretty spot on.
    Hell yea it is. He's only been a wrong on about 2 or 3 things tops since I've been a member on this board. I am 100% confident in anything he has to say. I know there are some other basketball insiders on this board as well. Maybe they can spread the info on what they have from the situation. If there is mutual interest between us and him I think Howland snags him.

vCash
    Hell yea it is. He's only been a wrong on about 2 or 3 things tops since I've been a member on this board. I am 100% confident in anything he has to say. I know there are some other basketball insiders on this board as well. Maybe they can spread the info on what they have from the situation. If there is mutual interest between us and him I think Howland snags him.
    Hopefully JOHNHEVESYMADE will chime in. He's usually spot on with basketball

vCash
    Only one I have seen is Louisville. If we can get him to visit and show him how we would use him, you would have to like our chances.
    Not sure I would like them over Pitino and UL if they are seriously interested but then again, I have no idea what kind of situation AW is looking for.

vCash
    Is Stapleton going to be healthy recovered from his injury in time to play significant minutes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Is Stapleton going to be healthy recovered from his injury in time to play significant minutes?
    Not until SEC season starts but if we got White that would provide us a stop gap this year to not have to rush him back.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Howland said he hopes that Stapleton can play the last couple of non conference games so he'd be ready for the SEC schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Howland said he hopes that Stapleton can play the last couple of non conference games so he'd be ready for the SEC schedule.
    Is he a 3 or 4?

vCash
    Seems like last I heard he was expected back by the conference season in January, not expected to do too much until then.

vCash
    Kegler has looked really good so far & has gotten in a lot better shape. That has been his biggest question mark. I could see 3 freshmen in the starting lineup (Wright, Kegler, & Herard). Not sure where we stand with Andrew White but we've definitely reached out. He visited Syracuse this past weekend, Louisville is looking to bring him in for a visit, & of course we are too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is he a 3 or 4?
    He's a true 3 but if Q & Houston could play minutes at the 4 last year Stapleton can.

vCash
    Kegler has looked really good so far & has gotten in a lot better shape. That has been his biggest question mark. I could see 3 freshmen in the starting lineup (Wright, Kegler, & Herard). Not sure where we stand with Andrew White but we've definitely reached out. He visited Syracuse this past weekend, Louisville is looking to bring him in for a visit, & of course we are too.
    How has Wright's shot looked? I think he is going to be a great player for us. If we get White, I think Wright would be first off the bench at the 3 to replace White.

vCash
    How has Wright's shot looked? I think he is going to be a great player for us. If we get White, I think Wright would be first off the bench at the 3 to replace White.
    Inconsistent but improving. He's just so aggressive off the dribble & likes & absorbs contact.

vCash
    Inconsistent but improving. He's just so aggressive off the dribble & likes & absorbs contact.
    Gotcha, his game is similar to Jamont's and Chicken's I am thinking as well as Obasahan from Bama. With his size, I do like him at the 3 (6'5").

vCash
    I actually like Holman if he can get in better shape and add some weight. He has long arms so he gives us a shot blocker and rebounder. He also looks like he has decent shooting form for a big man. I have no info but I just liked him down the stretch. You could tell when his conditioning got to him. He also needed to get bigger to bang down low.