Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malik Newman to Kansas

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Has anyone checked on Marketing Bully?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I hope Horatio enjoys not being able to see him play in person.
    Probably the best thing that could happen to Malik's career

vCash
    Malik will spend this entire season honing his skills for the NBA draft next Spring. I personally doubt that he has any intentions of ever playing for the Jayhawks.
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    I'd trade a Malik Newman for an Andrew White every single time. Make it happen Howland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Quote from Mailk... Doesn't sound like Self promised him the PG spot.. Good Luck..

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...state-bulldogs

Newman said Self and his staff sold him on the opportunity to be a playmaker in the backcourt.

"They just said they want me to get back to the player I was," Newman said. "I told the staff that I don't need to play the point. They just want me to handle the ball, make plays and make the team better. That's what they sold me on."
    Malik can eat a dick. That's the same thing we sold him on. What a Prima Donna asshole. Good luck riding the pine so to speak and being picked in the second round in two years. What a stupid stupid situation this was all around. If Kansas had gotten Thornton, they wouldn't have even brought Malik in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Has anyone checked on Marketing Bully?
    Why single me out? Kansas wasn't interested until they missed out on Thornton. Why else would they bring him in so late? Most people thought he would end up at WKU as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Malik will spend this entire season honing his skills for the NBA draft next Spring. I personally doubt that he has any intentions of ever playing for the Jayhawks.
    I think that is what happens as well. I don't think he plays a single minute at Kansas and will enter the draft next year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think that is what happens as well. I don't think he plays a single minute at Kansas and will enter the draft next year.
    So playing with 12 other guys better than him for the next year still won't change his mind? That's one proud stubborn Diva riding into Kansas today.

vCash
    Why single me out? Kansas wasn't interested until they missed out on Thornton. Why else would they bring him in so late? Most people thought he would end up at WKU as well.
    Because you have been maybe the most emotional & upset about this whole Malik situation. See the post you just left. Also you basically guaranteed that he wouldn't/couldn't go to a school like Kansas because they didn't want him. I think everybody is pretty much over Malik & were the moment he announced he was transferring. I just find it funny that you're so upset over a kid that you don't think is that good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Because you have been maybe the most emotional & upset about this whole Malik situation. See the post you just left. Also you basically guaranteed that he wouldn't/couldn't go to a school like Kansas because they didn't want him. I think everybody is pretty much over Malik & were the moment he announced he was transferring. I just find it funny that you're so upset over a kid that you don't think is that good.
    The whole situation didn't pass the smell test. That is why I was emotional. I think he could have been a great player for us at 2gaurd but Horatio wouldn't let that happen and wanted guarentees for him playing the point. I also don't like what Horatio/Newman were saying publicly about Howland as well. This whole situation just was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in college basketball if you really want to be a one and done. And with that mantra it wouldn't surprise me if he sits out a year and bolts for the NBA without even playing for Kansas.

vCash
    I heard that Horatio & Malik reached out to Howland the other day, saying maybe they would stick around after all if Howland still wanted Malik. If true, I guess we see what Howland said. Good job Coach. We are MSU, not the Malik Newman development program. He will never be as good as he and his Daddy think he is. They have Lebron expectations, but Ravern Johnson skills. (But that may be an insult to Ravern, bc he could shoot)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Probably the best thing that could happen to Malik's career
    Oh Horatio will be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I heard that Horatio & Malik reached out to Howland the other day, saying maybe they would stick around after all if Howland still wanted Malik. If true, I guess we see what Howland said. Good job Coach. We are MSU, not the Malik Newman development program. He will never be as good as he and his Daddy think he is. They have Lebron expectations, but Ravern Johnson skills. (But that may be an insult to Ravern, bc he could shoot)
    That wouldn't have surprised me. A lot of behind the scenes crap has gone on with this situation.

vCash
    The whole situation didn't pass the smell test. That is why I was emotional. I think he could have been a great player for us at 2gaurd but Horatio wouldn't let that happen and wanted guarentees for him playing the point. I also don't like what Horatio/Newman were saying publicly about Howland as well. This whole situation just was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in college basketball if you really want to be a one and done. And with that mantra it wouldn't surprise me if he sits out a year and bolts for the NBA without even playing for Kansas.
    I don't disagree but with the situation being what it was him leaving was the best for both parties. We can move on with our young guys who want to be here & it gives them more minutes. He can move on with a program & coach that he & Horatio are more comfortable with.

vCash
    The one thing though I wish had never happened was that Malik had gotten the turf toe injury. I think things would have been different had he not had a lingering injury the whole year to slow his production down. He probably would have gone pro after one year but at least he wouldn't have done this whole stupid transfer bullshit. I will say this though with reckless abandon. Thank goodness we got rid of that damn floor! That caused our basketball team countless countless injuries.

vCash
    I know you saw Renardo Sidney, that situation was dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    He wanted to play the point at MSU, but said he is okay not playing the point at KU??
    He might have run out of options.

Banned
    vCash
    Were you in a coma for three years before this? The entire Rick Ray experience should be the dumbest thing you've ever seen not some titty baby overrated 2 guard.

vCash
    So when we have a running gunning style team this year will the media drop this Malik didn't fit into Howland's system? That to me was the biggest bullshit that Malik and Horatio came up with. This team will be a fast paced team. Last year's was decent at it but we didn't have the capabilities this one will. That to me is what burns me up the most because it is now going to be a recruiting tool used against us that idiots like Bonner and Cronin perpetuate as fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Were you in a coma for three years before this? The entire Rick Ray experience should be the dumbest thing you've ever seen not some titty baby overrated 2 guard.
    Yeah, I tried to forget about that. It's like those three years never happened. Ray ruined those seniors too. Would have been great if those kids would have bought in before the season instead of December. Last year we could have won 20 games if that had happened.