The thing that really make me think a lot about this situation was that Horatio said Malik told him that "He didn't trust Coach Howland." Well without trust you are definitely not going to get 100% out of a player. I have no clue why Malik didn't trust Howland. I'm not around coach H everyday but that raised my eyebrows a bit on the whole situation. I agree with most of you in that Malik and Horatio are just looking for the easiest excuse they can find to blame Howland on why Malik didn't perform like he was supposed to. I believe the turf-toe injury definitely switched gears on what could have happened this year but like y'all said if Malik would just get that one and done bs out of his head he and Q could have lead this team to something special. I for one think Malik is a damn good player and very well could be a top round pick but he just was overrated in high school and played in a weak basketball state as far as competition goes. He just needed another year or two of improvement and really buying into what Howland was trying to tell him but the big head of him and Horatio got in the way. I hate this in the fact that we now have a pissed alum and previous player going to down our university and probably spread to kids all over the Jackson area that Howland didn't keep his promise or whatever. On the flip side of that I'm glad we decided to make a decision to part ways because Horatio and Malik were a cancer to this team and what Coach H is trying to instill in this program. If you aren't willing to work hard regardless if you are a 3 or 5 star then you can hit the road jack cause nobody is too good for hard work. At the end of the day when Malik's college career is over I truly believe he will realize that what Howland was trying to tell him was right and that his pride got in the way but he will never be a big enough man to admit it and always have a bitter taste in his mouth to Mississippi State. It is what it is though.