Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the decommits continue...

vCash

And the decommits continue...

So long Hunter Milligan - best of luck in you baseball career in Fayetteville.

This is ridiculous.
    Last edited by ScottH; 06-29-2016 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    F everything

vCash
    Well at least he actually followed the position coach. Just hate it's in division.

vCash
    Mini Me you don't complete me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Well at least he actually followed the position coach. Just hate it's in division.
    Wes never recruited him, Mingione did.

Not sure who's supposed to be an elite recruiter on this staff.

Coggin may very well be excellent in a few years, but he's inexperienced at this level. Cohen hired him to save money to pay Henderson more. Problem is that Henderson has not been a lead recruiter for years. Brad Bohanon was the lead recruiter at Kentucky.

So, in a sport that's all about recruiting, MSU has no elite recruiter. I'm not sure this staff works.

vCash
    Think we are overacting just a bit. Sucks to lose two big time guys for sure. But we don't know who the new staff will give us inroads to. Be patient.

vCash
    Cohen is Mullen. Mullen is Cohen
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Shouldn't at least one Kentucky recruit want to follow Henderson this summer to Starkville? We have been told of his recruiting and coaching prowess.

Or are we the only school suffering "loss of coach syndrome" among it's recruits?

vCash
    And honestly this guy is a projected first round pick so the odds of him getting to campus weren't great to begin with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    And honestly this guy is a projected first round pick so the odds of him getting to campus weren't great to begin with.
    Lol. 1st round pick?

Uh, no. He'll get to college

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Think we are overacting just a bit. Sucks to lose two big time guys for sure. But we don't know who the new staff will give us inroads to. Be patient.
    And we landed two good prospects for 2019 today. Andre Tarver from Georgia and Ben Brantley from Hernando. This on heels of landing 2019 Jared Payne from Pennsylvania. All three are guys that have the potential to develop into power hitters which is something I wanted to see us land and develop more rather than rely so much on JUCO's for power hitters.

Coggin has been on the job for about two weeks and we have fans that are already questioning him. I think he will be very good though if our fans will actually give him a chance- I remember Mingione at one time had the reputation of being a huge goofball and he turned out to be pretty good. Even if he isn't as good as Mingione was at recruiting at the very least he has shown me that he is a much better hitting coach than him. Odds are he will be a better third base coach as well- but that remains to be seen. Tarver is coached by Brandon Turner who played for us when Polk was here and he was a teammate of Coggin at MSU.

I'm 100% sure we will have more players commit since the big recruiting period for baseball is about to start in July.

Also- Tulane just lost their coach to Texas today. Don't be surprised if Tulane hire Andy Cannizzaro the hitting coach from LSU as their head coach. If that were to happen, if I were Cohen I would go after some of their recruits HARD. Arkansas might lose one of their coaches to Mizzou as well. Turnabout is fair play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Wes never recruited him, Mingione did.

Not sure who's supposed to be an elite recruiter on this staff.

Coggin may very well be excellent in a few years, but he's inexperienced at this level. Cohen hired him to save money to pay Henderson more. Problem is that Henderson has not been a lead recruiter for years. Brad Bohanon was the lead recruiter at Kentucky.

So, in a sport that's all about recruiting, MSU has no elite recruiter. I'm not sure this staff works.
    I'm pretty sure Wes had something to do with getting him to Arkansas. Their pitching staff is bare. And it's not like he left us on great terms because of how he handled things on his end, so there is probably some resentment on his part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm pretty sure Wes had something to do with getting him to Arkansas. Their pitching staff is bare. And it's not like he left us on great terms because of how he handled things on his end, so there is probably some resentment on his part.
    He was a LHP right? Don't we have a ton of those? I would think we need more RHPs not LHP. As it stands rght now, our entire rotation could be left handed. I don't think this is as big a blow as people are making it out to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Cohen is Mullen. Mullen is Cohen
    Both are winners......I assume that was your point. Was it not?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He was a LHP right? Don't we have a ton of those? I would think we need more RHPs not LHP. As it stands rght now, our entire rotation could be left handed. I don't think this is as big a blow as people are making it out to be.
    And if he indeed does end up being a first round draft pick it will be no blow at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Correct. He could have potentially played first base some as well but pitcher is his primary position.

vCash
    Why is it ridiculous? Losing recruits is to be expected if you lose your two major assistants.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Cancel the baseball program.

vCash
    I'm pulling my million $$$ donation for the baseball renovations.

vCash
    Just another day for ED. Cohen > Johnson and Mingione.