Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBNation has faith is us going 6-6

vCash

SBNation has faith is us going 6-6

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...n-michigan-tcu

Rematch with Northwestern here in Shreveport. Has the entire SEC West in bowls
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I still think we are above Arkansas at least for a minimum 7 wins with a chance to take 1 of AU, aTm, or UM to get to 8. I think we are going back to Nashville.

vCash
    We will finish ahead of Arky, quite sure of that one. We will also win the Egg back, the pressure and strain on Freeze is about to become unbearable. He'll crack.

vCash
    That the same tune they said the past two years and Mullen proved them wrong. I would not be surprise if he did not surprise them again.

vCash
    The West is impossible to predict. Auburn could be horrible or good. Arkansas could be horrible or good after losing the QB and TE. LSU could be bad again with their obtuse situation at QB or good. OM just lost their best three best three players and are supposed to contend after they failed to get it done, i don't think so. MSU will be a wild card w/a new QB and a good defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    The West is impossible to predict. Auburn could be horrible or good. Arkansas could be horrible or good after losing the QB and TE. LSU could be bad again with their obtuse situation at QB or good. OM just lost their best three best three players and are supposed to contend after they failed to get it done, i don't think so. MSU will be a wild card w/a new QB and a good defense.
    Agree.

I expect 7 wins. The interesting thing about LSU is: what if Fournette gets hurt?

I know no one wants to talk about that, but it's a distinct possibility. If Fournette gets banged up, LSU's offense become really pedestrian, really quick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree.

I expect 7 wins. The interesting thing about LSU is: what if Fournette gets hurt?

I know no one wants to talk about that, but it's a distinct possibility. If Fournette gets banged up, LSU's offense become really pedestrian, really quick
    Pedestrian at one spot-qb. Which clearly is huge. But they have talent running out their ass at every spot except qb! Fournette is a game changer, but they aren't lacking talent at the rb position.

vCash
    If I were Fournette I would simply sit out the year and wait until the NFL draft. The only things he has to play for is a chance at a Heisman and a chance at a NC. If he gets hurt like Nick Chubb or Gurley he will be very upset. If LSU loses a game early and puts either of those goals in jeopardy we could still see him fake an injury and wait till the draft. He would have nothing else to play for.

Players, their "agents", and family are smart enough to know that playing for the scraps they get in college is akin to Michaelango painting your man cave for beer money. If the NFL is willing to pay you millions already why would you give your talent away for chump change?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If I were Fournette I would simply sit out the year and wait until the NFL draft. The only things he has to play for is a chance at a Heisman and a chance at a NC. If he gets hurt like Nick Chubb or Gurley he will be very upset. If LSU loses a game early and puts either of those goals in jeopardy we could still see him fake an injury and wait till the draft. He would have nothing else to play for.

Players, their "agents", and family are smart enough to know that playing for the scraps they get in college is akin to Michaelango painting your man cave for beer money. If the NFL is willing to pay you millions already why would you give your talent away for chump change?
    He (LF7) coulda been a "1 and done" at bammer.... that would have been efficient....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    He (LF7) coulda been a "1 and done" at bammer.... that would have been efficient....
    No ** so I am assuming you don't know the NFL has a rule you have to be finished with 3 years out of high school. The earliest you can be drafted is junior year or redshirt sophomore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...n-michigan-tcu

Rematch with Northwestern here in Shreveport. Has the entire SEC West in bowls
    Is a bowl ban possible this season for the rebellious grove bears?
    State wins 7 games this year. No more, no less.

vCash
    Agree.

In no way am I saying guice is LF, but guice is a great Rb himself.

vCash
    I'm hoping for 7 wins. Not sure we get it. Maybe the dogs will surprise us.

vCash
    6-6 is about what I have been expecting....anything less, Im pissed at Mullen, anything more, Ill say that Im surprised......on paper, we have talented defense ---but a new defensive coordinator----- on offense, we have 1 decent player ----Fred Ross---- all the rest are serviceable, or inexperienced.

All the preseason mags etc are coming out.....SEC media days......I'm just not into this year for the first time since Croom days bc of what I see coming this fall....

Now, there is one glimmer of hope that I am holding onto.....Mullen seems to do his best coaching jobs when the expectations are low, and roster is filled with new faces....'so i got that going for me'

that road schedule though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    No ** so I am assuming you don't know the NFL has a rule you have to be finished with 3 years out of high school. The earliest you can be drafted is junior year or redshirt sophomore.
    I think it was a joke that he could have played a backup role for two years and then been the primary back his junior year before going to the draft. Probably only a partial joke as his carries at bama probably wouldn't have gotten to half of what they have been at LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beretta View Post
    6-6 is about what I have been expecting....anything less, Im pissed at Mullen, anything more, Ill say that Im surprised......on paper, we have talented defense ---but a new defensive coordinator----- on offense, we have 1 decent player ----Fred Ross---- all the rest are serviceable, or inexperienced.

All the preseason mags etc are coming out.....SEC media days......I'm just not into this year for the first time since Croom days bc of what I see coming this fall....

Now, there is one glimmer of hope that I am holding onto.....Mullen seems to do his best coaching jobs when the expectations are low, and roster is filled with new faces....'so i got that going for me'

that road schedule though
    I think Ross, Dear, and probably Donald Gray are all going to be better than serviceable, but yes, pretty concerning that your three best bets on offense are WR and your OL is terrible and your QB inexperienced. I can come up with reasons for why we will be better and looking at the holes a team like Arkansas or UM has to fill and the potential chemistry problems of UM, A&M, and Auburn, but then I come back to our known holes on offense and 6-6 starts to look almost optimistic.

vCash
    Somewhere between 7-5 and 9-3. I hate this 6-6 shit.

vCash
    Agree.

I disagree. They have Derrius Guice backing him up who was a top 5 rb recruit. they have two outstanding wrs. I think they lose a lot if LF7 goes down, but still think Guice could be great.

vCash
    7 wins should be the marker this season. Less than 7 and I will definitely be disappointed, more than 7 and I will be very happy. If we win our 4 OOC games then all it would take to get to 7 is a win over SC, KY and ONE of Aub, TA&M and Ark which are ALL home games. The only way ANYONE should be thinking 6-6 is if you expect a loss at BYU.

vCash
    No way
    We are picked bottom half of the west with 8 or less wins
    What a shocker

Same shit every year...