Thread: July 4th weekend plans thread

vCash

July 4th weekend plans thread

We're closing down shop Saturday and Monday so we'll get a long weekend. I'm doing the weather dance all week to make sure it doesn't ruin things. IF IF IF we have good weather, we're doing inshore fishing Saturday, offshore snapper charter Sunday, inshore fishing Sunday.

vCash
    Heading to Leeville Friday afternoon, redfish, food, beer, redfish. Oh, and redfish.

vCash
    My family in Louisville always has a big get together over the 4th weekend. So i'll leave Gluckstadt for Louisville on friday. On the 3rd, my dad, me, and some of his buddies have a fish fry for about 80-100 of our family/friends- Anything from catfish we've handgrabbed to crappie we've caught on the rez. We also buy a whole hog and smoke it from about 5 pm on the 3rd and have it for lunch on the 4th with about 50 or so people coming for that. It's a great time.

vCash
    I'm taking a "staycation" next week. We will cook out with my parents on the 3rd, and I'll either do a butt or ribs for the 4th before we walk down to the waterfront downtown for fireworks over the marsh. Brunswick's 4th celebration was just named the best the country by USA Today. Rest of the week is for projects around the house and some beach time.

vCash
    Planning on doing a little kayak bass fishing on Saturday morning, grilling redfish for the in-laws on Saturday night, doing a shrimp boil on Sunday. Hopefully a little more fishing sprinkled in there.

vCash
    Kayak, small river, fly rods, beer and grilling.

vCash
    Inshore fishing in Biloxi Marsh Saturday and Monday. Maybe squeeze Bay St. Louis Crab Fest in one day. Drink Beer and grill out Monday afternoon.

vCash
    Crab Fest Friday Night to see the Chee Wees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    Inshore fishing in Biloxi Marsh Saturday and Monday. Maybe squeeze Bay St. Louis Crab Fest in one day. Drink Beer and grill out Monday afternoon.
    Our plans are so similar.... We could probably be friends lol

vCash
    We may be? lol

vCash
    I'm now contemplating trying to go for a trifecta of sorts. Bay boat Biloxi marsh Saturday, offshore Sunday, kayak Monday. If and its a huge if, I could catch fish 3 different ways in consecutive days,it would be crazy. Don't get the opportunity often so might go for it.

vCash
    Just picked up some beautiful shrimp for $2/lb in the Pass harbor.
    Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 07-01-2016 at 09:03 AM.