Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AU get 4* RB transfer from Baylor

vCash

AU get 4* RB transfer from Baylor

Released from his LOI due to scandal. It seems like there are a group of teams (like AU and NMS) that seem to always be a destination in these situations.

ETA: will be a Fr so may not be much factor this upcoming season.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 06-26-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Is he a half back type, or every down type?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Seems like there are a group of teams (like AU and NMS) that seem to always be a destination in these situations.
    As different as the two schools are, they really do have a very similar football program, at least how the fans and admin view it. United in their obsessive love for all things 'Auburn' (or Ole Miss) and they simply put that before God.

vCash
    Lock your Daughters up over at Auburn.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-26-2016 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Is he a half back type, or every down type?
    Kam Martin. The 5'10" 170lb type.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Is he eligible or has to sit?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Is he eligible or has to sit?
    Eligible

vCash
    Oh- he will be a Freshman. He's not a transfer- he never enrolled
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    shouldn't be much "culture shock"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Not saying we should have landed this player, but yet again I feel like this staff has us standing outside the house and looking through the window at all the other teams open their beautiful recruiting presents.

Why aren't we competing for better talent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not saying we should have landed this player, but yet again I feel like this staff has us standing outside the house and looking through the window at all the other teams open their beautiful recruiting presents.

Other than the constant bitching about the O-line, what is the problem with our recruiting? Should we be doing what OM and Aub do? I am not a proponent of that. Other than not beating Bama (which most teams do not do) and losing the EB the last few years, what is wrong with our winning percentage? I just don't see it.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash

So you would like us to be doing what UM does?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I would have to say yeah.

Barring a show cause for the head coach, they are about to hit a speed pump that will make the mediocre for a couple years and then they will be right back to competing for the SEC West.

Banned
    vCash
    You've ever eaten an omelette that an egg wasn't broken to make. Think about that for a minute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I would have to say yeah.

Barring a show cause for the head coach, they are about to hit a speed pump that will make the mediocre for a couple years and then they will be right back to competing for the SEC West.
    The show cause for Chip Kelly was for merely not knowing what his boosters and and assistants were doing. If they apply the same standard I don't see how he can avoid a show cause.

vCash
    We are going to be a double digit underdawg in Oxford this year.

Is that acceptable?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-27-2016 at 09:14 AM.

vCash
    I don't really want to do what they do, but I'm not sure how else you win in this corrupt sport. You need realize that it isn't what OM does.

It's what:

Auburn does
    Clemson does
    Florida State does
    Ole Miss does
    LSU does
    Oklahoma does
    Alabama does
    Tennessee does
    Ohio State does
    Etc.....
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-27-2016 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    I don't really want to do what they do, but I'm sure how else you win in this corrupt sport. You need realize that it isn't what OM does.

It's what:

Auburn does
    Clemson does
    Florida State does
    Ole Miss does
    LSU does
    Oklahoma does
    Alabama does
    Tennessee does
    Ohio State does
    Etc.....

This^^ Until we decide to play the game we will see similar results. Don't expect big change if we aren't willing to change. Mississippi State doesn't have the history to win a championship the RIGHT way. The Alabama's of the world are the only ones that can do that and even they play the game cause they know what goes on. You just have to be smart about it. I'm not for it but I mean if we don't play the game we will get left behind. It is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Other than the constant bitching about the O-line, what is the problem with our recruiting? Should we be doing what OM and Aub do? I am not a proponent of that. Other than not beating Bama (which most teams do not do) and losing the EB the last few years, what is wrong with our winning percentage? I just don't see it.
    Yeah the O-Line recruiting definitely needs to improve. If Arkansas can have a good O-Line then we should as well. I would say right now our ceiling for recruiting rankings is probably around 15-20ish nationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    This^^ Until we decide to play the game we will see similar results. Don't expect big change if we aren't willing to change. Mississippi State doesn't have the history to win a championship the RIGHT way. The Alabama's of the world are the only ones that can do that and even they play the game cause they know what goes on. You just have to be smart about it. I'm not for it but I mean if we don't play the game we will get left behind. It is what it is.
    Those teams listed are "all in". We are not nor have we ever really been. Heck, I'm still shocked we didn't kick Simmons to the curb and he was a guy with ZERO baggage until after he had already signed with us.