Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    I've been looking everywhere to see when Stansbury promised to start him at point guard. Can anybody give me a link, or is that just super duper inside info?
    Super Duper inside info, it's called recruiting = promises. Who knows except Stansbury what he needs as far as talent goes. But If I'm Stans I'm buying a lot of Bayer to control the headache he will receive.

I hope he signs soon to rid of this topic of where he goes.

Banned
    vCash
    no matter where he goes, Malik has to sit out a year?

vCash
    So, we've signed 5 5*'s that I can remember: bender, Ellis, Sidney, hood, and Newman. We seem to have terrible luck with 5* guys

vCash
    So who was in the room when the promise were made to give us that inside info ? Was it you basedog?

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Super Duper inside info, it's called recruiting = promises. Who knows except Stansbury what he needs as far as talent goes. But If I'm Stans I'm buying a lot of Bayer to control the headache he will receive.

I hope he signs soon to rid of this topic of where he goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So, we've signed 5 5*'s that I can remember: bender, Ellis, Sidney, hood, and Newman. We seem to have terrible luck with 5* guys
    Wasn't Jamont Gordon a 5*?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Good call and the most productive one we had

vCash
    So who was in the room when the promise were made to give us that inside info ? Was it you basedog?
    Naw but I'm betting Stans played the game and told Malik and "posse" what they wanted to hear. Stans as you know can recruit.

As far as what was promised, I'm betting that's another internet rumor or maybe "Mr Dad The Agent" started the rumor. I heard he is pretty coy with words and wishful thinking.

"We didn't want Malik" as the saying goes BUT it's a fact as you know.

Recruiting is so strange when rumors are allowed.

vCash
    To doubt Stands hasn't made every promise in the world to get Malik is sticking your head in the sand. We had 14 years of evidence right before our eyes
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Stans probably promised the 5 star fat boy he wouldn't have to run the court also.*

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I will actually be pissed if he transfers and sits out a year just to end up playing 2 guard which he could have STARTED at here at MSU THIS year. That would be bad for him and bad for us.
    Spot on. So no matter where he goes, he sits out a year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    To doubt Stands hasn't made every promise in the world to get Malik is sticking your head in the sand. We had 14 years of evidence right before our eyes
    I ain't said he did or didn't. I just wanted to make it out to be a guess rather than fact..

vCash
    I ain't said he did or didn't. I just wanted to make it out to be a guess rather than fact..
    Did you watch his press conference that you posted to this site? He obviously promised the PG position to Malik and to build the team around him. You can infer that from him saying we need everything in his press conference and his past history in recruiting. Why would Malik use one of his five visits to go to WKU? Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Malik is at Oregon right now. Coming back and going to KS next. Pending visits to Miami and NC St
    He only has one visit left: Kansas. He is already back form Oregon. His visit ended yesterday.

Banned
    vCash
    You taking up for your boyfriend is wearing thin. If Stansbury promised Newman the starting PG spot AND to not recruit another PG it is phenomenally stupid. We'll know the answer to that if he signs with WKU and Bury doesn't pursue another PG with him. I think Bury said they have six players right now. Unless two of those 6 are PGs he better be seeking out atleast 1 that can play next year. Newman has to sit. Is Stansbury so dumb he'd void his roster of another PG for the next two years just to sign a 2guard so stubborn he can't see he's not a PG? Time will tell.

vCash
    Well you are falling for it. Board is getting pretty damm boring during this dry period. Nothing brings out the "boys" quicker that Stansbury discussion.

Maybe someday we will have something else to get us riled.

Just so you know, I only posted the Stansbury article to get some shit going. Same thing that Coach has been doing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You taking up for your boyfriend is wearing thin. If Stansbury promised Newman the starting PG spot AND to not recruit another PG it is phenomenally stupid. We'll know the answer to that if he signs with WKU and Bury doesn't pursue another PG with him. I think Bury said they have six players right now. Unless two of those 6 are PGs he better be seeking out atleast 1 that can play next year. Newman has to sit. Is Stansbury so dumb he'd void his roster of another PG for the next two years just to sign a 2guard so stubborn he can't see he's not a PG? Time will tell.

vCash
    I was thinking about this while listening to a sports radio channel. I believe Malik knew the only way he could bolt from MSU was to declare for the NBA but NOT hire an agent. Then say he was coming back to school thinking everyone would honor his wishes to do what he wanted to do on a team. Well, thank goodness our coach pretty much said **** you and your diddy. Sorry, diddy needs to butt out and let his son EARN his way to the NBA Otherwise he's a low draft pick in 3 years and will never make a starting lineup for any team.

Banned
    vCash
    Well you are falling for it. Board is getting pretty damm boring during this dry period. Nothing brings out the "boys" quicker that Stansbury discussion.

Maybe someday we will have something else to get us riled.

Just so you know, I only posted the Stansbury article to get some shit going. Same thing that Coach has been doing for years.
    Alright well thank you cause the board has been boring. It's just that time of the year tho.

vCash
    I'm betting Stans didn't tell Malik and Dad he wouldn't recruit another point guard, he ain't stupid. He most likely told him he could play point guard.

Nothing wrong with what shannondawg ask, he didn't bring the subject up. So what you want or believe about Stans, but he was more good than bad for Msu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm betting Stans didn't tell Malik and Dad he wouldn't recruit another point guard, he ain't stupid. He most likely told him he could play point guard.

Nothing wrong with what shannondawg ask, he didn't bring the subject up. So what you want or believe about Stans, but he was more good than bad for Msu.
    Well, look at the Miami situation. They just got a 2017 PG who committed to them. Malik took the visit then not a day after he took the visit eliminated them from consideration. You do the math. I'd be willing to bet if you see a 2017 PG committed to these other teams they immediately get the axe too. One of his pain points with us was that we had Ready and Peters on our roster. Horatio stated that as much in the Bonner article. I think the only way he would have come back to us is if we would have cut Ready. We didn't and the rest is history.