Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion is Mullen's seat getting warm?

vCash
    If he's shopping, we're shopping. If he's not, we're not. It's that simple.

vCash
    I guess we all know Barrett Sallee's alias now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    If so why? and what would you need to see from this years team to keep him off of the hot seat? For me I think anything worse than 6-6 and his seat gets very hot. If we finish 6-6 or 7-5 I think he is here for another year. 8-4 or better and I would consider that a good job of coaching with how young we will be in key positions and an expected weak OL.
    No. Next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    If that's true then I'd like to see Mullen tweek his attitude a bit. Not sure that's realistic though. I just think Mullen does a lot of things to himself that keeps him from getting a couple of big recruits or winning an extra game or so each season.
    This is it for me. I can't argue with the results in the W / L column since he's been here, but if he could just get out of his own way we would improve even more. Holloway starting at RB last year and likely again this year is a perfect example. It makes no sense and it's just damn awful to watch, especially when we all can see the problem so clearly.

vCash
    it is Summer in Mississippi everybody's seat is Hot. What a stupid question. Dan ain't going anywhere and we should be very happy about the success of our Football team.

vCash
    only thing that could put him there in my mind is if we lose to the Bears the next time we play them at Davis Wade. He's essentially got 2 full seasons to make sure that doesn't happen. If the light at the end of the tunnel on the NCAA investigation in Oxford is even as close to as big as it should be then we could be positioned for a long stretch of success at MSU. Dan didn't suddenly forget how to coach as evidenced by winning 19 games the last 2 years, the appearance based on the NCAA findings and Tunsil on draft night is that they went all in b/c they were tired of losing to him.
    Last edited by nsvltndog; 06-24-2016 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    After we (most likely) lose to the Bears this season, there will be many, many fans calling for his head. I won't agree with it, but that will be the reality.
    Hell, we will be calling for his head after every loss and wanting to give him a raise after every win. Thats life on a message board, get use to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Hell, we will be calling for his head after every loss and wanting to give him a raise after every win. Thats life on a message board, get use to it.
    Unfortunately, this is dead on.

vCash
    I don't think Mullen is anywhere near the hot seat, but I will say that his lack of recruiting will put him on the hot seat quickly if he starts struggling to win games. Many are already skeptical about whether the program is getting better, is stagnant, or is regressing due to poor recruiting when compared to our competition. If he continues to win with the way he recruits, then who am I or anyone else to complain, but if the win total begins to shrink, then he will struggle to get the benefit of the doubt.

vCash
    All these comments about if this, if that. You can put anybody on the hot seat if you come up with enough scenarios for the next few years. Nick Saban is going to be on the hotseat next year if he gets shot in the head next season, but that's pretty obvious isn't it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think Mullen is anywhere near the hot seat, but I will say that his lack of recruiting will put him on the hot seat quickly if he starts struggling to win games. Many are already skeptical about whether the program is getting better, is stagnant, or is regressing due to poor recruiting when compared to our competition. If he continues to win with the way he recruits, then who am I or anyone else to complain, but if the win total begins to shrink, then he will struggle to get the benefit of the doubt.
    This thread is a little pointless.

If we go 5-7 and get rolled in the egg bowl, I don't know many people that will have Mullen's back and I'm 100% in his corner today.

Personally I think whoever started this thread is simply trolling.

vCash
    The only way Mullen's seat gets warm nowadays is if he sits down with his cellphone in his back pocket. If om gets gutted like a pig for Christmas ham by the NCAA his seat will be safe and cool for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    This thread is a little pointless.

If we go 5-7 and get rolled in the egg bowl, I don't know many people that will have Mullen's back and I'm 100% in his corner today.

Personally I think whoever started this thread is simply trolling.
    Summer time talk. If you don't like don't read. Might be a "stupid" "pointless" post. But so are the 3,000,000 negative responses after a loss to a perennial power. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Like I said earlier, I should have titled the thread a little differently and that is my bad. I did not think about it in a negative light, honestly, as I have defended Mullen at most every turn and will continue to do so until the wins and losses reflect that I shouldn't. So no not quite a troll job although I can now see where you would assume that would be coming from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    If so why? and what would you need to see from this years team to keep him off of the hot seat? For me I think anything worse than 6-6 and his seat gets very hot. If we finish 6-6 or 7-5 I think he is here for another year. 8-4 or better and I would consider that a good job of coaching with how young we will be in key positions and an expected weak OL.
    NO. Not in any shape, form, or fashion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    If we miss a bowl this year and our OL still looks like crap, you better believe people here will be calling for his head. The numerous OL misses (mostly Lashley which i'm still pissed about), Ole Miss having another really good year, and if Ole miss get the commitments that are "suppose" to be leaning our way. His seat will be pretty hot if all that happens. Now if he goes something like 8-4 this year and by some miracle happens to beat ole miss, his seat will be the least warm in the SEC.
    No way SHOULD he be even on a slightly warm seat but our recent and apparently ongoing in state recruiting missteps especially within the Golden Triangle area combined with his constant flirting with other jobs in the offseason would be enough to get some people to start turning on him a bit if we have a losing season and get punked in Oxford.

vCash
    Nope, you can put store ice cream on his seat. Ice cold.

vCash
    a message board meltdown doesn't necessarily translate to a true hot seat ... message boards might make up 1 or 2 percent of the fan base
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    a message board meltdown doesn't necessarily translate to a true hot seat ... message boards might make up 1 or 2 percent of the fan base

Thank goodness..
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    [/B]

Thank goodness..
    Haha

vCash
    Unless we have an 88-Tech and 10 year. He's OK. I think we'll steal one or two and finish w/minor bowl..building for another nice 17 season (That's 2017)