Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion is Mullen's seat getting warm?

vCash

In your opinion is Mullen's seat getting warm?

If so why? and what would you need to see from this years team to keep him off of the hot seat? For me I think anything worse than 6-6 and his seat gets very hot. If we finish 6-6 or 7-5 I think he is here for another year. 8-4 or better and I would consider that a good job of coaching with how young we will be in key positions and an expected weak OL.

vCash
    Huh?

Anybody saying Mullen's seat is warm, is either a troll or started following MSU football 5 years ago.

Mullen is here for the long haul. And we should be pumped about that.

We're MSU. And he has won 19 games the last 2 years. Good heavens.

vCash
    Mullen is fine. He's the best coach we've ever had at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Huh?

Anybody saying Mullen's seat is warm, is either a troll or started following MSU football 5 years ago.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I don't think it's currently warm. I do think that it has potential to be real soon though. To me, he needs to continue to win on average 8 games a year and if he does that he'll be fine. If he starts to get below that 8 win mark then he absolutely has to start beating om again. If he's not beating om and only winning 6 or 7 games then his seat will be on fire. Only way imo for him to escape being on the hot seat while losing to om is if he's winning 8+ games a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    If so why? and what would you need to see from this years team to keep him off of the hot seat? For me I think anything worse than 6-6 and his seat gets very hot. If we finish 6-6 or 7-5 I think he is here for another year. 8-4 or better and I would consider that a good job of coaching with how young we will be in key positions and an expected weak OL.
    ^ This is why we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 06-24-2016 at 01:09 PM.

vCash

No

Just no

vCash
    I actually agree and don't think Mullen should go anywhere anytime soon unless we have a couple of losing seasons. I just know that if we go 5-7 or worse there will be several on this board calling for his head and wanted to get opinions from those that feel that way on why they feel that way. We had several last year that about jumped off the ledge after the LSU loss and there have been some comments here and there stating that Mullen is not currently getting the job done as they think that it should. So... I was just curious in how others felt about everything. Maybe I should have titled the thread a little lighter. Maybe what will you be satisfied with this upcoming season.

vCash
    I think it would take blowout losses for all of our SEC games and a loss out of conference coupled with him flipping off the fans as he walked out of Davis Wade in the last home game of the season. That would probably get him on the hot seat.

vCash
    Only if he just farted.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Huh?

Such lethal cunning...

vCash
    If we miss a bowl this year and our OL still looks like crap, you better believe people here will be calling for his head. The numerous OL misses (mostly Lashley which i'm still pissed about), Ole Miss having another really good year, and if Ole miss get the commitments that are "suppose" to be leaning our way. His seat will be pretty hot if all that happens. Now if he goes something like 8-4 this year and by some miracle happens to beat ole miss, his seat will be the least warm in the SEC.

vCash
    Nope. It MIGHT get a little warm with a 6-6 season this year, but it will only be because of some fans - or "The noise in the machine" as Ron Zook called it. I think that was what he said. A losing season and you can bet the farm that his seat will start getting warm.

There are a few things however that I would like to see change under him, things that would certainly help him. One being Hevesy, do something with him already. I'd also like to see more consistency with the staff rather than always expecting one or some to take another job after the season. I've heard it's because Mullen is hard to work for. If that's true then I'd like to see Mullen tweek his attitude a bit. Not sure that's realistic though. I just think Mullen does a lot of things to himself that keeps him from getting a couple of big recruits or winning an extra game or so each season.
    Last edited by BossDawg; 06-24-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Cadaverdog nailed it.

vCash

vCash
    Nahhhh- the only friction that's there is because he shopped so hard last season. He'll catch some shit if we end up being as bad as we looked this Spring- but won't be fired.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    After we (most likely) lose to the Bears this season, there will be many, many fans calling for his head. I won't agree with it, but that will be the reality.

vCash
    We can easily win 7, with an upset 8 then a bowl win another 9 win season, I hate Ole Miss as much as the next guy but if we keep posting 9 pelts on the wall I will be ok. Ole Miss will get theirs, and fall off the map soon. Big Bad NCAA has them in the cross-hairs.