Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

Heading down to the coast after work with the wife. Think we're grabbing dinner in the bay. More to come... Also a rumor a cpl Outdoor Dawgs are going to try to get after the spots and dots tomorrow...

vCash
    Boiling some shrimp, corn and taters - tis the season. Working on some Chandeleur Brewing Lil Smack IPA while cooking. Ready to get on some fish tomorrow.

vCash

vCash
    Very nice. I had the lil smack last time I was in BSL. Good stuff

vCash
    Some gulf seafood at North Beach in BSL

vCash
    So, what did I miss out on?

vCash
    Myself and Speckdawg met up at the marina early and headed south. West winds were pretty stiff but we bumped our way out to the marsh. Our first stop (an exterior island), the wind had it rough and we didn't even try to fish in it. Ran inside to interior marsh and found trout at the first stop. Probably caught 15ish undersized fish before deciding to move to another spot. Went to next spot and found trout immediately again and they were small also. We ended up getting 6 keepers at that spot. If the fish were 1 inch longer, we would have had an easy limit. At 9ish switches gears to redfish. Went to a pond and caught 6 in an hour. Well, Speckdawg caught 5 to my 1. He put on a clinic. We both had things to do so we headed in at 10. If we would have had another hour in the pond, we would have had a limit no doubt. Great day on the water with another Outdoor Dawg. We'll have to do it again. Having trouble with reception and pics

vCash
    Speck's red was 25 inches, 7+ lbs. great slot fish. I'll let speck guess how many total trout we caught. It was a bunch
    Last edited by BeastMan; 06-25-2016 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Dang! Nice morning. I was going to head out this morning - but it was 85 at 7:30 am. Too freakin hot to be on the water today.

vCash
    Just got thoroughly crisped at the pool. Gonna grub somewhere good tonight

vCash
    It was a good morning for sure. As Beast said, the small trout were thick. I imagine we caught at least 10 shorts for every keeper. That big red had my trout rig screaming for a few minutes. Was a great time.

vCash
    Just found out there was a 20yr old girl that was ran over by another boat in bayou caddy this morning. Didn't know the girl, but my wife's parents are friends with the girls parents. She was setting crab pots with her boyfriend and a boat t-boned them, running over the girl. WLOX is reporting that she's passed, but we haven't heard that yet. The guy who did it refused a breathalyzer from what we were told as well. Really hope it was just a really unfortunate incident and not because someone was drunk

vCash
    Damn that's terrible

vCash
    I saw that on the news. Awful. I hate hearing that.

vCash
    One of the Reds from above on the half shell. One filet is the same ole butter/lemon and the other has a "key west fish rub" and some lemon and lime juice. Caribbean rice on the side.

vCash
    Wrapped the weekend up right with a little LCB. I love having a seafood market 3 blocks from the house.

vCash
    I am not much of a vodka drinker at all, but a Russian co-worker always told me that Russian Standard vodka was great stuff. I happened to see it in an airport duty free store a couple years ago and bought a bottle. I'm sure you can get it here, but I have never noticed it or looked for it. Just opened it and it is very smooth.

Last edited by SpeckleDawg; 06-26-2016 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    One of the Reds from above on the half shell. One filet is the same ole butter/lemon and the other has a "key west fish rub" and some lemon and lime juice. Caribbean rice on the side.

Very nice! I netted that fish!

vCash
    Family style dinner at The Gathering tonight.