Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Old Venice closing in Starkville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    And that is a title that is hard to achieve.
    "You ever eaten at a Denny's? Damn place near made me sick. All the waitresses look like they got hit in the back of their legs with a sack of nickels - Rodney Carrington" - Louisvilledawg

vCash
    I knew they were in trouble from the start. We went opening night and after what took forever with the slow service we went to pay. The cashier could not get the scanner to read my card. She swiped and swiped and swiped. She called her manager over to see what was wrong and he saw after another attempt she was holding my card upside down so the magetic strip was in her hand instead of going through the reader. He told her to flip the card and try it again. Which she does...the wrong direction. So the card is still upside down just now facing the opposite direction. I realized then if they hadn't taught their workers how to scan a card then things could only go downhill from there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It doesn't help the roads surrounding that place are like what you would expect to find in Berlin circa 1945....I about blew out a tire driving on that road connecting to the Jimmy Johns strip today. The place just feels empty too, even though there is a hotel there.
    Not even a road is it? I went over it a few months ago, I think it's just a dirt path more than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Not even a road is it? I went over it a few months ago, I think it's just a dirt path more than anything.
    Yeah, pretty much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    I was told there is a dispute over the responsibility to repair/maintain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I was told there is a dispute over the responsibility to repair/maintain.
    Wow, but not surprising.

Let's build this beautiful new development, but ruin the peripheral aesthetics by bickering over fixing 300' of a shit road....sounds like Starkville.

vCash
    I ate there one time in the 6 years that I have lived in Starkville. I was not impressed. The service was meh. The food was cold. The price was too high for what I got.

I'll give Moe's BBQ a shot a few weeks after it's opened.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Moe's looks like it will be a popular place, with good food.

vCash
    What happened to Rosie Baby's? I loved that place!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    What happened to Rosie Baby's? I loved that place!
    Oh dear god. I don't know if there is enough bandwidth capability on all the major MSU message boards combined to allow a proper discussion of how bad that place sucks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    So what you are saying, is that raising the minimum wage of all employees at restaurants would cause no problems to their finances, and actually be a boom to the economy everywhere? Sounds like a no brainer**************
    Actually, raising the minimum wage would have minimal effect on actual sit down restaurants where the majority of staff work for tips and therefore are not subject to the minimum wage laws. Their only guaranteed income will still be the $2.13 per hour or whatever it is now. The places that where the owners would really hurt would be the counter order places like your McAllister's, Little Dooey's, and soon to be Moe's BBQ. But your point is well taken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Oh dear god. I don't know if there is enough bandwidth capability on all the major MSU message boards combined to allow a proper discussion of how bad that place sucks.
    That place has so much potential, but they just don't have a clue on how to run a restaurant.

vCash
    That place has so much potential, but they just don't have a clue on how to run a restaurant.
    Went to school here and have now lived here almost 9 years and have never stepped foot there. Of course, I've never eaten Petty's either, although I plan to change that soon.

Banned
    vCash
    There is a legitimate possibility that it is a front for money laundering. There is never anyone there. But it has been open for over two decades now under the same ownership.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Of course, I've never eaten Petty's either, although I plan to change that soon.
    Yea, you need to fix that with the quickness. Petty's is top notch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Went to school here and have now lived here almost 9 years and have never stepped foot there. Of course, I've never eaten Petty's either, although I plan to change that soon.
    We only go during crawfish season generally. It's good when they are fresh and piping hot, duh I know, but I always have to tell the server that's what we want or they bring us the dregs by default.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Yea, you need to fix that with the quickness. Petty's is top notch.
    Agreed, I've always liked Pettys. My favorite bbq though was Three Little Pigs. Their food was amazing, but their service moved at a snail's pace...another example of someone who didn't know how to run a restaurant.

vCash
    Agreed, I've always liked Pettys. My favorite bbq though was Three Little Pigs. Their food was amazing, but their service moved at a snail's pace...another example of someone who didn't know how to run a restaurant.
    Was never crazy about three little pigs. I loved me some grumpy's before they went straight to hell. Last time I was there my sandwich was on load bread, baked beans were cold, and my order of onion rings was 3 tings.

vCash
    Is Jack Salmons still around? Those catfish nuggets were legit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Back when it was open the first time a couple of us went there for dinner one night and it took 45 minutes to get our drinks after waiting for 15 minutes just for somebody to take our drink order. By this time we were hard-headed and decided to time the food. The food took 90 minutes from the time we ordered until it was on our table with no sign of the waiter during this time to refill drinks. That's the only time I ever got the ass with somebody in a restaurant. I paid in cash, asked for change and said "Here's your penny." walked out and have never and will never be back.