Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Venice closing in Starkville

vCash

Old Venice closing in Starkville

Supposedly tonight is it. Turning into a Moe's BBQ.

vCash
    Wow. That had been there a long time too

vCash
    Last time I went there the service was horrible. Surprised it made it this long.

vCash
    Another BBQ place??.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Another BBQ place??.
    I know. Starkville needs that like it needs another sub place.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    ****. To more bbq

vCash
    We went there the regional weekend and I predicted it wouldn't last through the summer. The service had gotten horrible and the food was also slipping. I hate it because we always enjoyed the place.

vCash
    Starkville needs a Bonefish Grill type of seafood place. Except local.

vCash
    Moe's is Tex-Mex.
    https://www.moes.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmid View Post
    Moe's is Tex-Mex.
    There is a Moe's BBQ too...

http://www.moesoriginalbbq.com/lo/nola/nola-menu/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmid View Post
    Moe's is Tex-Mex.

Surely they're not doing Moes burritos place. That would be a tragic waste of that building.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Surely they're not doing Moes burritos place. That would be a tragic waste of that building.
    Please not another BBQ place in Starkville

Banned
    vCash
    Say what you want, but Moe's BBQ is damn awesome and will do well in that location. Their smoked wings are ridiculous and they always have a good tapped beer selection. It will be a huge upgrade over OVPC.

vCash
    Every MSU alum does not like to eat BBQ and fried chicken all the friggin time

vCash
    It's moes bbq. Not mex
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Csdog View Post
    Every MSU alum does not like to eat BBQ and fried chicken all the friggin time
    Well then I guess you should have opened your own place there and beaten them to the punch. I like variety as much as the next guy, but the thing downtown Starkville needs most is a place that can stay open and attract a crowd consistently. Moe's has the clout to do just that as they have been very successful at every location they have opened (similar to Mugshots in that regard). After about a 10 year resurgence, downtown has been dying a slow death with the closing of the bar above Restaurant Tyler, closing of two different restaurants in the old State Theater, the neutering of Mugshots to where they don't stay open past 10, and now the closing of Old Venice. Good, stable businesses are what downtown needs to attract other good, stable businesses.

vCash
    I respect your opinion. I would like to see better restaurants in Starkville. And no,I'm not willing to go into the business

vCash
    My only experience with Moe's Original was not great. I'd be more than happy to give it another chance.

Why are people so bent out of shape about another potential 'Q joint?

Yes, we could stand a good steakhouse and a non-fried seafood place. But if you want to sit (inside) and eat barbecue, it's Dooeys or Dickeys. Dooeys is impossible on game weekends. Dickey's is tiny.

Not to mention, you could take barbecue off the menu at LD and still have one of the best restaurants in town.
    Leicester Till I Die

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Csdog View Post
    I respect your opinion. I would like to see better restaurants in Starkville. And no,I'm not willing to go into the business
    Fair enough. Even if you don't want BBQ or fried chicken, I'd still encourage you to give Moe's a shot just for the beer selection and live music. The one by my house stays packed 7 days a week.

vCash
    Will do