Thread: Who is the coach at SHS

vCash

Who is the coach at SHS

that seems to have some influence favorable to the bearshark side.

vCash
    They claim its the assistant coaches. I want to know who they are and how they have stopped starkville players from attending our camps.

vCash

vCash
    nevermind

vCash
    Rosebowl says we're getting no players in camp from Starkville? Rickey Woods SHS head coach, who used to coach at South Panola? Hmm!
    Last edited by msbulldog; 06-20-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    that seems to have some influence favorable to the bearshark side.
    As with almost everything of consequence, its NEVER one thing or one person.

There is more than one coach at Starkville with loyalties to om. There are just as many who are loyal to state. To what extent they influence the kids, i dont know. What i do know is that the relationship between msu and shs has not been close for years. Probably goes back to freddy millons, but for one reason or another its stayed that way. Does om use their influence better than state? Probably.
    Woods is an om fan, im told , but that he doesnt use the position to recruit for om at least overtly. I know of one other, but couldnt tell you what affect he has on kids.

Fact is msu coaches need to take the initiave to mend that fence so that even the om loyalists have minimal affect. Or they can live with the results they've gotten.

Gay has liked om for a while. Aj is all about glamour and to tell you the truth, i can easily see how that relationship was a good fit without respect to inducements.

What could state do to reverse this? A good start is to become closer with shs students and coaches. Ive lived here for the last six years and have never seen mullen in public.

There are smaller battles to win. We turned our backs on an shs kicker with a 60 yard leg off the ground and missed a field goal within that vs lsu this past fall. Can you imagine if the hometown kid had kicked that and made it?

Can Milton do a better job bridging this gap than thise in the past? Yup. Know this, he'll hear about it from those of us and already has. But this isnt some un workable situation. And it wont be solved by om's impending sanctions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    As with almost everything of consequence, its NEVER one thing or one person.

There is more than one coach at Starkville with loyalties to om. There are just as many who are loyal to state. To what extent they influence the kids, i dont know. What i do know is that the relationship between msu and shs has not been close for years. Probably goes back to freddy millons, but for one reason or another its stayed that way. Does om use their influence better than state? Probably.
    Woods is an om fan, im told , but that he doesnt use the position to recruit for om at least overtly. I know of one other, but couldnt tell you what affect he has on kids.

Fact is msu coaches need to take the initiave to mend that fence so that even the om loyalists have minimal affect. Or they can live with the results they've gotten.

Gay has liked om for a while. Aj is all about glamour and to tell you the truth, i can easily see how that relationship was a good fit without respect to inducements.

What could state do to reverse this? A good start is to become closer with shs students and coaches. Ive lived here for the last six years and have never seen mullen in public.

There are smaller battles to win. We turned our backs on an shs kicker with a 60 yard leg off the ground and missed a field goal within that vs lsu this past fall. Can you imagine if the hometown kid had kicked that and made it?

Can Milton do a better job bridging this gap than thise in the past? Yup. Know this, he'll hear about it from those of us and already has. But this isnt some un workable situation. And it wont be solved by om's impending sanctions.
    The SHS kicker was shanking kicks left and right at JCJC. I'd say we made the right decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    The SHS kicker was shanking kicks left and right at JCJC. I'd say we made the right decision.
    He didnt have a great finish in his senior year, but he was capable as he showed earlier in the 2014 season. But that is no reason not to court him and maybe the difference could have landed us a better relationship withshs. He's just one example in many that showed we werent paying attention past the end of our noses