Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sounding like we gonna promote

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Sky is not falling but this shows that Cohen rather go this route then get a Gaspard or a Henderson to immediately take advantage of the talent that we have accumulated. Hopefully, we get Henderson as our pitching coach. We at least need to grab one of them.
    Coggin did a very good job this year & knows the blueprint to how we recruit. Gaspard or Henderson aren't the only guys who can take advantage of our talent. They are just 2 of the guys who can.

Banned
    vCash
    Serious question ... Why do ppl want Gespard? I'm honestly curious as to what I'm missing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Serious question ... Why do ppl want Gespard? I'm honestly curious as to what I'm missing.
    Was about to ask same question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I think it's more speculation as a fit for our program. He's a good coach but as I and others have said Coggin is a good fit as well and seeing how Cohen has handled this position this is not a surprise at all.

And I actually like Coggin as a choice as much or better than Gaspard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsdawg View Post
    Was about to ask same question.
    Guess I will side with this sentiment. Unless Gespard is a lights out recruiter I didn't see anything out of the Alabama offense this year that would make me want him as a hitting coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Guess I will side with this sentiment. Unless Gespard is a lights out recruiter I didn't see anything out of the Alabama offense this year that would make me want him as a hitting coach.
    Yeah I agree they only had a couple of players hitting over .300 when we played them earlier. I believe Andy Phillips was the closest thing they have to a recruiter too so I don't know what the fascination with him is.

vCash
    Well Bonner is saying Henderson is about to be our next pitching coach. Coach pulled a preacherman prediction it appears

Breaking: Source tells @clarionledger that former UK coach Gary Henderson is close to a deal with MSU to become its new pitching coach.

vCash
    Sky is not falling but this shows that Cohen rather go this route then get a Gaspard or a Henderson to immediately take advantage of the talent that we have accumulated. Hopefully, we get Henderson as our pitching coach. We at least need to grab one of them.
    Now you don't have to be disappointed

vCash
    I know I've been busy for several days, but apparently I missed a big one. What happened to Wes Johnson?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I know I've been busy for several days, but apparently I missed a big one. What happened to Wes Johnson?
    He's apparently finally shrank into nothingness and we can't find him.***

Now that he has left us high and dry I don't mind joining in on the jokes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Now you don't have to be disappointed
    Now we have three SEC COY's on our baseball staff between Henderson and Cohen. You guys don't know how big a get this guy is. He is probably the best pitching coach in the country. I'd expect big things from our freshmen and sophomores with this guy leading the charge.

vCash
    Now we have three SEC COY's on our baseball staff between Henderson and Cohen. You guys don't know how big a get this guy is. He is probably the best pitching coach in the country. I'd expect big things from our freshmen and sophomores with this guy leading the charge.
    Wait, I thought we just lost the best pitching coach in the country.***

vCash
    And in all honesty this is the guy we would have gotten if he had resigned the year before instead of Johnson. Cohen works very well with Henderson and they trust and know each other very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Wait, I thought we just lost the best pitching coach in the country.***
    Johnson is a great pitching coach no doubt but was not the best in the country and wasn't a recruiter either.