Thread: According to espn u last night

vCash

According to espn u last night

"Which Mississippi school is gonna have the better year?"
    Ole miss because they have a great quarterback, lots of momentum and Mississippi state has plateaued.....

WTF.....plateaued??? Really!?

vCash
    That's the analysis of a lazy person, which unfortunately describes most of the sports media. 'I've heard some things about Bo Wallace, and they looked exciting in a couple of highlight clips. I don't remember seeing much about Mississippi State, although I do remember they lost a bunch of games at the end of the year and got beat by Northwestern pretty easily. Ok, Ole Miss it is.'

There's no real analysis in most of the sports media; you can find some occasionally, but part of the problem is that too many of these guys are asked to give opinions about every team in the country. There's no way they can know a whole lot about every team...although it is their full-time job...

vCash
    they must read the message boards.

vCash
    We are the best team that Ole Miss beat last year. The next best team OM beat was 4-8 Arkansas and a 6 win ACC team.

But all last year the headlines said we're the team that hadn't beaten anybody.

And now we plateaued....at 8 wins.

ESPN does read message boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    That's the analysis of a lazy person, which unfortunately describes most of the sports media. 'I've heard some things about Bo Wallace, and they looked exciting in a couple of highlight clips. I don't remember seeing much about Mississippi State, although I do remember they lost a bunch of games at the end of the year and got beat by Northwestern pretty easily. Ok, Ole Miss it is.'

There's no real analysis in most of the sports media; you can find some occasionally, but part of the problem is that too many of these guys are asked to give opinions about every team in the country. There's no way they can know a whole lot about every team...although it is their full-time job...
    THIS

Fortunately, it doesn't matter. IMO, we are one of the most under analyzed, under rated teams, forgotten about teams in the country, and its mostly due to laziness by the media. If our guys have been motivated by this and our problems have been corrected, then in about 9 days when our Dawgs walk off the field in Houston, they will no longer be overlooked.

It's us verse the world this year. Time to get rowdy!

vCash
    Barrett Sallee says Ole Miss will be a contender in 2014.

His article on Vandy's 2014 schedule..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tball-schedule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Barrett Sallee says Ole Miss will be a contender in 2014.

His article on Vandy's 2014 schedule..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tball-schedule
    I hope they are so we can roll into Oxford and put them in their place. Whatever our 2013 team looks like, the 2014 squad should be the best yet under Mullen. We are going to be the ones making noise next year.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    One of the team names at Trivia last night at Dave's Dark Horse Tavern was "TSUN will be the next victim of a Vandy Gangbang" I thought it was funny considering the thread.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Every time the media picks the Rebels to have a really good season, they fall flat on their face. I'd much rather State be underrated than get accolades in the preseason. Expectations that are set too high lead to embarrassment. Wasn't it 2009 they were ranked #4 and on the front cover of SI? That was a decent team, but they were in no way a top ten team. I have a feeling this year they will under perform again.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    Every time the media picks the Rebels to have a really good season, they fall flat on their face. I'd much rather State be underrated than get accolades in the preseason. Expectations that are set too high lead to embarrassment. Wasn't it 2009 they were ranked #4 and on the front cover of SI? That was a decent team, but they were in no way a top ten team. I have a feeling this year they will under perform again.
    Don't forget Jevon Snead for Heisman!
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner