Thread: Super Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Super Cooking & Drinking Thread

I'm going to blame our lack of success at the plate, due to the lack of plates posted on the outdoor board so far. Fresh fried speckled trout & jalape?o slices, roasted new potatoes & turnip greens.

vCash
    Thanks for for starting the thread. I needed the assist today. I traveled down, didn't catch many fish in good looking conditions, hurt my ankle, and then the dogs lost. We have gotten in to the fireball... Cowboy ribeyes on the grill at camp

vCash
    Mom, Dad and little sister came into town tonight so we went simple with tuna and pimento and cheese sandwiches. Heating up the grease tomorrow and may try my hand at cock of the walk slaw.

vCash
    Fishing conditions seemed good for today. Clean water, plenty of bait, and still very little action. The only thing we can catch this weekend is a buzz apparently

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Fishing conditions seemed good for today. Clean water, plenty of bait, and still very little action. The only thing we can catch this weekend is a buzz apparently
    Don't know about the Gulf Coast, but the GA Coast is just too got damn hot to fish - nothing but rays hit my shrimp this morning. Had 6 on the line in an hour. Glad I didn't have to work my ass off in a kayak like you today. That might have made me start drinking too early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    You in Leeville this weekend? We thought about going with the yaks this weekend, but postponed until next. Last time down there a couple months ago was one of the worst yak trips I've ever had.

vCash
    Cooked a pork loin. Rubbed it with pork sausage seasoning, pepper and kosher salt. Basted it while grilling with a sauce I made up that had vinegar, sesame seed oil, siracha, worchestershire, molasses, and a little ketchup as a binder. Grilled some asparagus then topped it with tarragon butter.

The W Girl made a blueberry crumble that was topped with some great vanilla bean ice cream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    You in Leeville this weekend? We thought about going with the yaks this weekend, but postponed until next. Last time down there a couple months ago was one of the worst yak trips I've ever had.
    We're staying at Moran's in Fouchon but we've launched for 2 days at the GI kayak launch. Love the GI kayak setup, the fish just weren't around. We tried. Working on some white cans and fireball with MSU baseball on in the room. Ribs for dinner.

vCash
    Damn Brunswick, everything looks great.

vCash
    Ribs coming off the grill. I cheated and smoked them at work so all we had to do was get then hot on the grill

vCash
    I spent the week on Kauai for work. Yep, sucks being in Hawaii for three days. Some pics from the trip:

These are pics from opposite sides of the same road:

vCash
    Hearing the word Fourchon gives me PTSD

vCash
    Didn't cook any elaborate meals this weekend, but I did make a batch of hot sauce. It's with a ton of strawberries, tabasco, and thai peppers. It tastes like fire, with a hint of strawberry, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Didn't cook any elaborate meals this weekend, but I did make a batch of hot sauce. It's with a ton of strawberries, tabasco, and thai peppers. It tastes like fire, with a hint of strawberry, lol.

Great color on that sauce Beardo.