Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cohen makes 3rd Super in 6 seasons

vCash

Cohen makes 3rd Super in 6 seasons

No Mora Excuses- and he didnt make any. Got the job done and an SEC title on top of it. Time for those that have been holding back donations out of spite to come off of it and write that check. Let's get the stadium built for the best baseball fans in the country- at the best place to play in the country- to help us continue to be one of the top 15 programs in the country.

We should win the Super- and hopefully capitalize off this run a little better in recruiting so we dont dip as much between CWS appearances. All the damage Polk did should be forever done away with after this season. Let's build it and bring on a new Era of State baseball.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    No Mora Excuses- and he didnt make any. Got the job done and an SEC title on top of it. Time for those that have been holding back donations out of spite to come off of it and write that check. Let's get the stadium built for the best baseball fans in the country- at the best place to play in the country- to help us continue to be one of the top 15 programs in the country.

We should win the Super- and hopefully capitalize off this run a little better in recruiting so we dont dip as much between CWS appearances. All the damage Polk did should be forever done away with after this season. Let's build it and bring on a new Era of State baseball.
    Right on! AMEN and AMEN!

vCash
    Couldn't agree more! And Cohen has now tied in 6 seasons the number of Supers we ever went to before his arrival. I believe Mac took us to two that we lost in 2000 and 2001 and then we hosted the one in 2007 that we won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Couldn't agree more! And Cohen has now tied in 6 seasons the number of Supers we ever went to before his arrival. I believe Mac took us to two that we lost in 2000 and 2001 and then we hosted the one in 2007 that we won.
    An hosted because the two #1's were beat in regional.

vCash
    This year against Arizona

2013 won at Virginia

2011 won regional at GT and then lost at Florida. . . Is that right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    An hosted because the two #1's were beat in regional.
    True, this is our first SR hosting spot that we have actually 'earned'.

vCash
    If we bring a championship home from Omaha, he is nearly on par with Polk. I know its a big step, but we are trending up over his tenure.

vCash
    If he wins a natty then he passes Polk. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullsy View Post
    This year against Arizona

2013 won at Virginia

2011 won regional at GT and then lost at Florida. . . Is that right?
    And at UF we were around 9 outs from Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETDAWG View Post
    If we bring a championship home from Omaha, he is nearly on par with Polk. I know its a big step, but we are trending up over his tenure.
    Nearly on par with Polk? That's got to be the stupidest thing I've read. IF, being the operative word, he comes home with the NCAA Baseball Championship from Omaha he not only surpasses Polk, but every other coach that has EVER coached in ANY sport at MSU.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETDAWG View Post
    Ron, is that you? I see you've upgraded from that old typewriter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Nearly on par with Polk? That's got to be the stupidest thing I've read. IF, being the operative word, he comes home with the NCAA Baseball Championship from Omaha he not only surpasses Polk, but every other coach that has EVER coached in ANY sport at MSU.
    Hold on, we have a chance to win the national title? Just Friday before we played a game, you said, paraphrasing, the regional might as well be over! This was because of starting Dakota. Glad I decided to still attend and see you are back on the wagon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Ron, is that you? I see you've upgraded from that old typewriter.
    Now that' funny. Cohen brings home our first Natty ever and it should be Cohen/Dement stadium!

vCash
    THIS^^^^^times infinity!

vCash
    Cohen has already played for more National Titles than Ron. A few more trips to Omaha and he surpasses him in every way. Ron also had several advantages where Cohen is fighting up hill.

vCash
    3rd time's the charm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hold on, we have a chance to win the national title? Just Friday before we played a game, you said, paraphrasing, the regional might as well be over! This was because of starting Dakota. Glad I decided to still attend and see you are back on the wagon!
    Way to take part of my statement out of context. Guess you missed the follow up message where I said, "For those that don't know me, I am being a bit facetious. I don't think it matters who we pitch our bats have to be lively. I still think we 'should' win the regional or we aren't the team I think we are." Hindsight is always 20/20. Glad I was proven wrong and Hudson was a complete non-factor in the regional.

I've never been off the bandwagon and think this is as good of shot as we've ever had at winning the whole darn thing.

vCash
    Way to take part of my statement out of context. Guess you missed the follow up message where I said, "For those that don't know me, I am being a bit facetious. I don't think it matters who we pitch our bats have to be lively. I still think we 'should' win the regional or we aren't the team I think we are." Hindsight is always 20/20. Glad I was proven wrong and Hudson was a complete non-factor in the regional.

I've never been off the bandwagon and think this is as good of shot as we've ever had at winning the whole darn thing.
    Take part of your statement of of context? At the time, pre game, you and wmd were raising hell about how awful the decision was to start Hudson. You said, "horrible decision, probably cost us the regional." I said, " why don't I go home then. Regional is over!" Which you followed with "might as well". So either your memory sucks, you are changing your stance after the fact that we were going to lose, or you just don't like being called out for making such an asinine statement......
    Eta, no I didn't see your follow up, I quit reading because the two of you were being completely idiotic.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 06-08-2016 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Cohen has already played for more National Titles than Ron. A few more trips to Omaha and he surpasses him in every way. Ron also had several advantages where Cohen is fighting up hill.
    You make a good point with your ending statement. I would submit that's its more competitive and more difficult now just to reach the championship round like we did in 2013 than it was to have actually won the national championship in the late 70s, 80s, and early 90s when Polk had the program at its peak under him. Polk obviously never won or even played for a NC though I will say we did have some horrible luck in the '85 trip to Omaha. Not only did we lose the 3rd game against Texas where ace pitcher Gene Morgan got his ankle taken out by a line drive, but many don't remember that the inning before the 9th where Bobby Thigpen was called on to save the Miami game, he was fielding a ball in the outfield that hit the right field wall, bounced off, and drilled him square in the head. Thigpen threw the ball in but then immediately collapsed back onto the turf with what had to be a concussion of sorts. Not sure how he even stayed in the game but next inning he's in pitching and gives up the 2 run home run that eliminates us. Somehow I doubt he can really remember any of it after taking a baseball to the head the inning before.

vCash
    A forty million dollar upgrade to DN ought to level out recruiting at a top ten (preferably the top half of the top ten) level at least until the usual suspects catch up.