Thread: Brandon Woodruff

vCash

Brandon Woodruff

I believe last night was the first start at AA for him. Pitched 7 innings of 1 run ball and struck out four.

Why did he never pan out at msu? Didn't he get hurt or was he a headcase? The dude has great stuff, just couldn't put it all together in his time here

vCash
    It was his first home start for the Shuckers, I went, talked to him in the bullpen before the game, i told him "wish you were in Starkville this weekend, he just laughed. He was 89-93 with good sink on his change up. It was the best I've seen him pitch including at state. I hope he has a great career, he has the stuff, I don't know what the deal was when he was a bulldog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    I believe last night was the first start at AA for him. Pitched 7 innings of 1 run ball and struck out four.

Why did he never pan out at msu? Didn't he get hurt or was he a headcase? The dude has great stuff, just couldn't put it all together in his time here
    Was pretty good as a freshman, got hurt, struggled JR year, and went pro.

Many guys struggle their first year following a surgical injury because many times they have a foreign object in their elbow and lose all feel for their command and control. Then the 2nd year back, they regain feel.

vCash

Woodruff always had electric stuff. He just couldn't consistently throw strikes and

yes, he was also injured. He kinda reminds me of Zac Houston in some ways. I always thought that Cohen didn't give him enough leash. He would sometime yank him rather quickly, IMO. Sometime you just have to let guys work their way thru it. Plus, there was an ugly incident with one of the assistant coaches with Woodruff and I'll leave it at that.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)