Thread: Listening to the OOB podcast, Steve Mentions CL...

Senior Member ScreenCaptureThis's Avatar
    vCash

Listening to the OOB podcast, Steve Mentions CL...

It's incredible that Steve tried over and over to get the CL and other media outlets across the State to pick up the story and EVERYONE turned him down. How is this possible? How does a mid-tier school have a stranglehold on virtually every media outlet in this state? I understand OM has a journalism school, but every single media outlet?

And through all of this, there are editors like Sam Hall swearing by their 'journalistic integrity', yet continue to ignore this entire process. I'm amazed, and I guess I shouldn't be.

What would it take to get MSU relevant in the media? There are tons of State grads with communications degrees and I'm sure some of them are capable of handling editor-level positions.

vCash
    Robertson will get the last laugh. In the meantime, you have to be impressed with his effort and resolve and courage. He should write the book when this is all said and done... I hope he makes a hundred grand out of it.

vCash
    Yep, its amazing because, living in Alabama, even the University of Alabama with all of their power and influence, they don't have anything like the stranglehold on the local media in Alabama that UNM does in Mississippi. Ask Riley Blevins what happens if you try to report on anything scandal related relative to UNM. Doesn't seem to end real well for that reporter.

vCash
    Only thing I can think of is threat of litigation causing all these media outlets to shy away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Robertson will get the last laugh. In the meantime, you have to be impressed with his effort and resolve and courage. He should write the book when this is all said and done... I hope he makes a hundred grand out of it.
    Agreed. Subscribing to his site is the least any of us can do to repay Steve.

vCash
    The Dallas paper that broke the SMU death penalty story (and correctly) saw a massive reduction in subscriptions and all the power-brokers turned on them. Shortly after, they went under.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Agreed. Subscribing to his site is the least any of us can do to repay Steve.
    Not a subscriber to his site but I read his Twitter, lot of good stuff. Does his site cover us much, or mainly Ole Missy's screw ups?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coast Dawg View Post
    Not a subscriber to his site but I read his Twitter, lot of good stuff. Does his site cover us much, or mainly Ole Missy's screw ups?
    Of course it does, it covers MSU sports and football/basketball recruiting. Steve is usually the best source for football recruiting news.

He caught a lot of shit for some weonfhl predictions and that was mainly due to being lied to by the players.
    This Ole Miss story is just something he went after to cover since no one else would cover it.

vCash

vCash
    Surely you are kidding......This is MSU's Scout site and a great MSU sports site. I would say Gene's specialty is baseball.
    However, a site dedicated to UM 17 ups would be a full time job for someone

vCash
    So what's your favorite restaurant on the square?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Of course it does, it covers MSU sports and football/basketball recruiting. Steve is usually the best source for football recruiting news.

He caught a lot of shit for some weonfhl predictions and that was mainly due to being lied to by the players.
    This Ole Miss story is just something he went after to cover since no one else would cover it.
    Have any of the recruits who played these games with Gene or Steve amounted to anything at the college level? I don't recall any who've lived up to their hype.

vCash
    Tranny

vCash

Obvious. Trolling.

vCash
    Brahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenCaptureThis View Post
    It's incredible that Steve tried over and over to get the CL and other media outlets across the State to pick up the story and EVERYONE turned him down. How is this possible? How does a mid-tier school have a stranglehold on virtually every media outlet in this state? I understand OM has a journalism school, but every single media outlet?

And through all of this, there are editors like Sam Hall swearing by their 'journalistic integrity', yet continue to ignore this entire process. I'm amazed, and I guess I shouldn't be.

What would it take to get MSU relevant in the media? There are tons of State grads with communications degrees and I'm sure some of them are capable of handling editor-level positions.
    Link?