Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Per sources Malik has asked to be released from his scholly...

vCash
    See ya.

vCash
    Chill out people. Kid needs to be where he wants to be. He needs to be where he feels comfortable to fill a need and he can continue to get better as a player to reach his goals. Good luck to him whether it is with us or not. Howland has put a lot of kids at the next level but he may not be the guy for Malik.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgSaint View Post
    You'll never convience me he is anywhere near ready for NBA. Hell, he wasn't ready for SEC! Further, he wasn't even the best player on our team!
    B-b-b-b-b-b-but injuries!!! Wasn't that the party line on here and elsewhere ALL SEASON long whenever he was questioned regarding his subpar play and tendency to completely disappear?

vCash
    Sorry, but bashing he and Horatio won't help.....get over it.

We are good

vCash
    I appreciate Newman's time and contribution to State. But it is good to have a coach that puts MSU first. People might not like the decision but the team will respect Howland for it.

If someone wants to be "me" first and the team second, wku is a perfect decision.

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah don't start talking bad about the guy. He's a good kid. He's not gone yet, but why in the world would Horation think transferring and sitting out a year would be his best option??!!!

vCash
    I heard last week Jackson state

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDawg View Post
    Chill out people. Kid needs to be where he wants to be. He needs to be where he feels comfortable to fill a need and he can continue to get better as a player to reach his goals. Good luck to him whether it is with us or not. Howland has put a lot of kids at the next level but he may not be the guy for Malik.
    Somebody needs to pass along to pops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I appreciate Newman's time and contribution to State. But it is good to have a coach that puts MSU first. People might not like the decision but the team will respect Howland for it.

If someone wants to be "me" first and the team second, wku is a perfect decision.
    Totally agree.

vCash
    Western Kentucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    Sorry, but bashing he and Horatio won't help.....get over it.

We are good
    Agree, whatever is basis for decision, he gave us the best he had last yr. He was hurt for many games. You think anyone wants to be hurt where they can't play their best?

vCash
    Bulldog recruiting on Twitter is bringing it on the subject. Sorry I can't copy or paste at the moment

vCash
    Early school list, Kansas, NC State, and Fla St, with others to follow. Its all going to be good. This may be best for all parties. We don't need a kid on team "auditioning " for the NBA all year. We lose a "involved" guardian. Now, other kids can step up and develop. Wish him well! Don't really see NBA as final landing spot however.BTW, talking to another D1 HC recently, he says are really enamored with transfers these days mores than high profile HS kids. Less baggage, cars already paid for, and they have no other place to go and accept coaching better.

vCash
    Bye Horatio. For those of you who called me everything under the sun for saying I wish he'd just go... KMA!!!

vCash
    Deleted but I still think it was just a dumb as heck decision.
    Last edited by MarketingBully; 05-30-2016 at 01:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He isn't going to any top college because no one is going to play him at point guard. He is going to WKU to play for Stans because he is the only one that will play him at point guard. Do you honestly think Kansas, FSU, and NC State will play him there? Screw Malik and screw Horatio. There is no way a transfer is what's best for him. He ONLY had to spend one more year here and then he would have been on to the NBA but Horatio couldn't even do that. This kind of dumb decision makes Renardo Sidney look like a genius. And we got better effort and overall better stats from Sidney. Malik all time worst MSU Bulldog in history.
    Slow down

vCash
    I'm as disappointed that the hype didn't translate to production as anybody else, but him staying and not wanting to be here would be much worse than him leaving. Let him go and wish him well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDawg View Post
    I feel like the kid wants to be in Starkville. The dad, not so much. Judging from comments of both

Banned
    vCash
    No need to trash Malik. Just be thankful we have a head coach who cares more about winning on the court which requires team unity than winning the feel good news spin. I appreciate Howland being honest with Malik and Horatio as well. This has more to do with us having a mature and competent head coach than losing Malik.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He isn't going to any top college because no one is going to play him at point guard. He is going to WKU to play for Stans because he is the only one that will play him at point guard. Do you honestly think Kansas, FSU, and NC State will play him there? Screw Malik and screw Horatio. There is no way a transfer is what's best for him. He ONLY had to spend one more year here and then he would have been on to the NBA but Horatio couldn't even do that. This kind of dumb decision makes Renardo Sidney look like a genius. And we got better effort and overall better stats from Sidney. Malik all time worst MSU Bulldog in history.
    Go have a beer & chill out