Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's say that, hypothetically, Freeze gets a one year show cause.

Banned
    vCash

Let's say that, hypothetically, Freeze gets a one year show cause.

Based on the way the NOA response was worded and the administration's actions to date, I would fully expect that OM would probably just go with an interim guy (Werner maybe) for a year before bringing Freeze right back for the following season. The way Bjork and the Chancellor have handled this up to this point is a full "all-in" mentality. NCAA alleged multiple infractions against two current assistants in Harris and Kiffin, and they aren't even being suspended for games (let alone being fired). And that's not even mentioning Farrar and Miller who were arranging payments to Tunsil and OM has admitted as such by indicating the texts were real. No firings there, either.

Compare this to how we handled the Mirando situation, where he was fired just because he knew about violations that occurred even though he wasn't directly involved (allegedly). The way that OM is approaching this situation especially with their BS self imposed penalties is pretty much the equivalent of pissing on the NCAA's doorstep. We'll see how the NCAA responds.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    No if they did that then the NCAA would REALLY get after them. You don't just rehire somebody after a show-cause to the same place where they earned said show-cause. The NCAA would be sniffing until the cows come home on that one.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash

He's not going to get a show cause. Ain't gonna happen. Some of his henchmen

might but Hugh Freeze is not going to get one. The NCAA doesn't have the balls to do it. Wait and see.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Freeze is getting a show cause fellas, already in the works. The NCAA wants to nail him for all of this, we've only seen a glimpse of it so far. It's going to take some time but the pressure this season will be ENORMOUS, especially once they start losing and recruiting is off this year (which it will be). Things to remember: the NCAA has burner phones, the NCAA now has Barney on the hook for paying players (Freeze's personal bag man) and they have very high profile recruits that Freeze personally recruited hard that did not go to OM and are now singing. It could take a year, but Freeze is done. Mark it down.

vCash

Do I think there's enough there, heck yes. However, I'm only skeptical because I

know how rabid that bunch is and they'll go to no ends to protect him including payoffs, hush money, etc. and we all know the NCAA is not squeaky clean. That's my apprehension.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    If they have the burner phones as rumored and the Tunsil texts pan out- Freezus is done. It will be easy for the NCAA
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    Freeze is getting a show cause fellas, already in the works. The NCAA wants to nail him for all of this, we've only seen a glimpse of it so far. It's going to take some time but the pressure this season will be ENORMOUS, especially once they start losing and recruiting is off this year (which it will be). Things to remember: the NCAA has burner phones, the NCAA now has Barney on the hook for paying players (Freeze's personal bag man) and they have very high profile recruits that Freeze personally recruited hard that did not go to OM and are now singing. It could take a year, but Freeze is done. Mark it down.
    One of those players was one of ours.

vCash
    Just let the hit parade keep playing for another year or so. They will wreck their own arses before the sanctions hit and the hole, like ours was, will be that much deeper to dig out ------ without being able to use booster $

vCash
    The question I have is why issue the NOA, and continue the investigation unless there is a show-cause being set-up? The investigation was continued long before the Tunsil draft night scandals popped up. So why not complete the investigation and release one NOA, and be done with it? There is a reason. Someone enlighten me on why they are handling it this way. Is it to get a response, because maybe they really weren't getting "exemplary" help from UNM? Is it to set them up to hit them very hard?
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    The question I have is why issue the NOA, and continue the investigation unless there is a show-cause being set-up? The investigation was continued long before the Tunsil draft night scandals popped up. So why not complete the investigation and release one NOA, and be done with it? There is a reason. Someone enlighten me on why they are handling it this way. Is it to get a response, because maybe they really weren't getting "exemplary" help from UNM? Is it to set them up to hit them very hard?
    They had to get to a stopping point because of the length of the investigation. It's already way back in 2010 when the 1st infractions occurred- and it's gonna be 2017 before it all gets wrapped up most likely. Phase 2 will be another couple years most likely. Had to get to a stopping point to settle old business before attacking the most recent
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    I'm just speculating but the NCAA may want to issue their first report, then be able to say in the second report that the Bears continued their shenanigans while knowingly under an ongoing investigation. To me it better highlights how brazen the program is, and that there was an ingrained culture of corruption.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    No if they did that then the NCAA would REALLY get after them. You don't just rehire somebody after a show-cause to the same place where they earned said show-cause. The NCAA would be sniffing until the cows come home on that one.
    Would REALLY get after them? The same way they would really get after them for keeping 4 coaches with known major recruiting infractions on the payroll without even suspending them without pay? Let's hope so.

vCash

Yeah but if that occured they wouldn't be considered a "repeate offender"......

nt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They had to get to a stopping point because of the length of the investigation. It's alreaddy way back in 2010 when the 1st infractions occurred- and it's gonna be 2017 before it all gets wrapped up most likely. Phase 2 will be another couple years most likely. Had to get to a stopping point to settle old business before attacking the most recent
    I gotcha. Well it they pick up where they left off until they decide to end this thing those 17'ers are gonna be in deep deep shit. I just hope they are able to break up the whole thing, not just the coaches and a few rogue boosters. The whole damn thing!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Sit here chuckling remembering Chuck R's self-righteous tirades that we should fire Jackie for just being accused or words to that effect. Now, nothing to see here. All is well.

vCash
    What's really going to be funny: if Freeze does go down as a result of all this, at some point there will be a switch flipped among the OM fanbase and they will vilify him after all these years of touting what a good Christian he is. Just wait and see. They did it to both Cutcliffe and Nutt after they were gone. It is coming for Freeze as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They had to get to a stopping point because of the length of the investigation. It's already way back in 2010 when the 1st infractions occurred- and it's gonna be 2017 before it all gets wrapped up most likely. Phase 2 will be another couple years most likely. Had to get to a stopping point to settle old business before attacking the most recent
    If this is the case, then the NCAA has to deny Ole Miss' request to delay their appearance in front of the COI. At this point, Ole Miss' strategy is to delay, delay, delay. In knowing that, the NCAA should sanction them for the first NOA and then continue their investigation on the new allegations. By delaying, the NCAA is offering Ole Miss further chances & time to reap the benefits of their cheating. That's absurd

That's like giving a drug lord 10 years to live in his mansion and compound before putting him in jail. Stupid
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-28-2016 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabaka View Post
    What's really going to be funny: if Freeze does go down as a result of all this, at some point there will be a switch flipped among the OM fanbase and they will vilify him after all these years of touting what a good Christian he is. Just wait and see. They did it to both Cutcliffe and Nutt after they were gone. It is coming for Freeze as well.
    All it will take is them starting out 1-3 this year, and long knives will come out.

vCash
    Ole Miss won't stop cheating long enough for an investigation to complete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    know how rabid that bunch is and they'll go to no ends to protect him including payoffs, hush money, etc. and we all know the NCAA is not squeaky clean. That's my apprehension.
    Man, I'm with you. I think people wanting a show cause for freeze is going to be disappointed