Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Regional Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Regional Edition

What's the word outdoor dawgs? I'm laying low this weekend. Got a trip to south LA next weekend.

vCash
    Might be time to break out the bourbon..

vCash
    Ribeyes, crawfish stuffed potato and fresh tomatoes.

vCash
    Here is a great one. Inspired by Beast's zucchini noodles a few weeks ago, I purchased a spirlizer for my KitchenAid. Tonight we had: seared elk eye of round steak with tabby cat-butter-white wine sauce topper, and sauteed yellow squash noodles. All killed, caught or grew by us - and paleo for those into that. This was really, really good.

vCash
    Strong submissions so far. Love the elk steaks and those crawfish taters. How do you like the spiralized veggies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    How do you like the spiralized veggies?
    Really liked them, and am excited to see how much we can do with it. Going to try broccoli stem rice this weekend as well. Thinking about doing some cucumber noodles and pickling them.

vCash
    Started my morning right. W Girl has a workshop and the kids are on a trip. I brewed a big pot of coffee and fixed an omelet with cheddar cheese, green onions, red peppers, and chorizo with side of home fries. I can sit here and watch Muhammad Ali retrospectives and miss my childhood in peace.

One of my earliest sports memories is watching Ali - Holmes, and my mom crying watching the end of that fight and yelling at the TV to stop the fight. She was a huge Ali fan going back to the 1960 Olympics.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 06-04-2016 at 07:59 AM.

vCash
    For the game tonight, the trifecta of: traditional cracklins, boiled peanuts, and fried tabby cat with fresh tomatoes and butter beans.

All set now - Hail State!

vCash
    Just sat down with a blackened shrimp Caesar salad with farfale pasta. Cooling the Cajun with Coastal Empire Brewing Tybee Island Blonde.

vCash
    Good looking bowl there Bruns. Love the everything salad.

vCash
    I've officially done nothing of note this weekend. Had bunless burgers at the inlaws for dinner. No booze this weekend

vCash
    Solid submissions. Like Beast, I have nothing of note this weekend. Visiting family = sushi and some Bell's Two hearted and of course enjoying bulldog baseball.

vCash
    Late submission steak and eggs for breakfast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Late submission steak and eggs for breakfast
    I would eat that every morning given the chance.