Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zac Houston starting game one

vCash

Zac Houston starting game one

Of the SEC Tournament officially.

vCash

It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I'm okay with it. I think he can beat Bama or Kentucky, and if so, we're in good shape for a deep run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Of the SEC Tournament officially.
    Cohen is playing to win the whole thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

I lol'd, WMD. Well done.

I'll add, though...

That being said, I think he'll slay, or at least I hope....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

Don't Worry,
    Be Happy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I lol'd, WMD. Well done.

I'll add, though...

I did also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    I'm okay with it. I think he can beat Bama or Kentucky, and if so, we're in good shape for a deep run.
    I feel the same way you do. The key is actually winning the first game of course. The other thing to consider is our second game is likely against LSU or Florida and that is who Hudson is going to face as opposed to Kentucky or Alabama- both teams who are struggling right now.

The other thing to consider is Hudson threw 120 pitches against Arkansas. Giving him an extra day is probably not a bad idea.

If it works Cohen is a genius and if it doesn't he'll get criticized for it.

vCash

I like it. Even if we go 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I feel the same way you do. The key is actually winning the first game of course. The other thing to consider is our second game is likely against LSU or Florida and that is who Hudson is going to face as opposed to Kentucky or Alabama- both teams who are struggling right now.

The other thing to consider is Hudson threw 120 pitches against Arkansas. Giving him an extra day is probably not a bad idea.

If it works Cohen is a genius and if it doesn't he'll get criticized for it.
    We're a national seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    We're a national seed.
    Exactly. I don't care if we 2 'n Q to be honest. Much bigger fish to fry than the SEC tourney

vCash
    I kinda like the decision. Here is his chance to prove something and if he sucks it's really no sweat off our back. We are a national seed regardless. I think #4

vCash
    He'll pitch a great game and win by two runs. I'll also predict zero infield errors. This team is Bulldog fun. I wouldn't mind winning the SEC Tourney. No game is more important than the next game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I kinda like the decision. Here is his chance to prove something and if he sucks it's really no sweat off our back. We are a national seed regardless. I think #4
    True. Pilkington didn't pitch very well last time out. If Houston emerges it could be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Exactly. I don't care if we 2 'n Q to be honest. Much bigger fish to fry than the SEC tourney
    Bigger fish to fry, and I do like challenging him, as him having a good outing would give us two really good and two solid starting pitcher options going into the regionals, but I really would hate it if we don't get a start for each of our normal weekend starters. They're used to pitching every weekend, so don't want to see us get off that schedule.

vCash
    I lol'd, WMD. Well done.

I'll add, though...

Where does that second to last gif come from?

vCash
    I like it. Houston was my pick. The guy probably has the 2nd best stuff on the team behind Hudson. I have seen guys struggle over the course of the season put it together in the SECT and carry it over the rest of the postseason. Houston's only issue has been his command. Hopefully, he has been putting in some good bullpen work.

vCash
    I'm cool with it. I'd tell Houston, Breaux, Small, & Billingsley that this will be their game to win or lose on the mound. That we aren't using anyone else, so get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm cool with it. I'd tell Houston, Breaux, Small, & Billingsley that this will be their game to win or lose on the mound. That we aren't using anyone else, so get it done.
    That could be an effective motivation strategy.

When he reached the New World, Cortes burned his ships; as a result, his men were well motivated.**

vCash
    If Houston gets it done then we are setting up great for the tournament. LSU beats Tennessee with either their 1 or 2 because it is single elimination and they need to win. UF going against LSU so they will probably go their 1 against a team they just lost the series to. So that sets up Hudson vs either LSU's 3 or UF's 2. Win that game and it is Sexton vs a 3 or 4 from LSU or UF. Leaves Pilk and the pen for the championship. Win the whole thing and we may be the #1 overall seed.

vCash
    That could be an effective motivation strategy.

When he reached the New World, Cortes burned his ships; as a result, his men were well motivated.**
    Haha +1