Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You play to win ...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    People who are paid to cover this stuff have said that conference tournaments have little bearing on seeding. Like I said, we have very little chance of being the #1 overall seed. Both BA and D1Baseball have us at #5 right now.

Results in the SECT just won't affect much of anything about the NCAAT. There's a chance LSU could ensure they get a national seed, or that SC could go 0-2 and miss out, but outside of that, not much will change.
    I'll just agree to disagree with you AND Kendall Rogers. By the way, their latest projections are a joke. A northern team WILL get a host, and FAU is perfectly capable of hosting a regional. Why would they give that to Arizona State? I also imagine a Pac-12 school will host outright though.

They have also been crowing that the SECT is in fact moving to Memphis. Watch how that shakes out.

You are a decent poster, when did you start listening to these dipshit journalists?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    I'll just agree to disagree with you AND Kendall Rogers. By the way, their latest projections are a joke. A northern team WILL get a host, and FAU is perfectly capable of hosting a regional. Why would they give that to Arizona State? I also imagine a Pac-12 school will host outright though.

They have also been crowing that the SECT is in fact moving to Memphis. Watch how that shakes out.

You are a decent poster, when did you start listening to these dipshit journalists?
    FAU did not put in a bid to host. Perhaps they know more than you sometimes?

Banned
    vCash
    FAU did not put in a bid to host. Perhaps they know more than you sometimes?
    From 5 days ago: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...519-story.html

Doesn't sound like a team uninterested in hosting a regional.

Can you produce evidence that they did not put in a bid to host a regional? And even if so, how can they decide?

vCash
    From 5 days ago: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...519-story.html

Doesn't sound like a team uninterested in hosting a regional.

Can you produce evidence that they did not put in a bid to host a regional? And even if so, how can they decide?
    It's in just about every article out there. Here's the first one I could find, but it's not where I initially read it:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf...ity_could.html

Every projection has them as a 1 seed but not hosting for a reason.

Banned
    vCash
    It's in just about every article out there. Here's the first one I could find, but it's not where I initially read it:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf...ity_could.html

Every projection has them as a 1 seed but not hosting for a reason.
    Oh well, you're right. 80% of my post was accurate. You're good at nit-picking, first South Carolina and then FAU. By all means let's forget the rest of the post.

vCash
    Oh well, you're right. 80% of my post was accurate. You're good at nit-picking, first South Carolina and then FAU. By all means let's forget the rest of the post.
    You called their projections a 'joke' and called them 'dipshit journalists' and found it ridiculous that they didn't have FAU hosting. I'm nit-picking by explaining why they did that?

I'm saying that it might not be a bad idea to listen to what they're saying, and you're telling me I'm crazy for doing so. That seems like a pretty important point in that discussion.

Perhaps any projections you make will be an even bigger joke if you didn't even know why FAU couldn't host?