Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OM and their "exemplary cooperation" mantra

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    "Lightly" is a very relative term.

No matter what they get, we are going to complain that it wasn't enough. Many important people have been thinking USC-type sanctions (3/30, bowl bans, etc.) even before the draft day stuff came up. Everyone has to patiently await due process to complete for the newer stuff. In the meantime, it has to remain a national story so Ole Miss can't bury it. Round 2 is going to be nothing less than a nuclear bomb on their program, I believe. We just have to be patient and not buy the spin after the first round of info is released.
    I really hope you are right. My question is why after 3 years of investigation could they not have handled everything in one big NOA. I know the academic fraud and things prior could be part of the reason. But, if the Tunsil stuff is in this you would think everything else from the last three years would be as well. This is what makes me think that they will either get pounded this go around or skate off lightly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I really hope you are right. My question is why after 3 years of investigation could they not have handled everything in one big NOA. I know the academic fraud and things prior could be part of the reason. But, if the Tunsil stuff is in this you would think everything else from the last three years would be as well. This is what makes me think that they will either get pounded this go around or skate off lightly.
    If half of the accounts are true the problem with that theory is it looks like they kept right on cheating at full throttle even while being investigated. If the NCAA couldn't do anything till it was all wrapped up then they literally never could do anything.