Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: John Cohen

vCash
    South Carolina Won back to back titles, was in the title game for a third one and missed out on the tourney last season and finished one place behind us this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    South Carolina Won back to back titles, was in the title game for a third one and missed out on the tourney last season and finished one place behind us this season.
    But do they bunt?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    As for as regular seasons go, this year is the best ever imo. I've seen some incredible teams since 1970, but the this year has been one of the best and fun to watch.

Having so many Sec teams in the top ten makes this special with us winning the regular season championship. Competition now days is much tougher than the past years.

Not sure in my lifetime of coaches (baseball) at Msu has a coach done a better job than John Cohen for this year.

I agree, nice post. My first team to get behind was,the one with Jocko Potts, Bobby Croswell, with Hall and Jones pitching. They also were pretty aesome

vCash
    but they didnt have a losing season or miss the SEC Tourney
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    but they didnt have a losing season or miss the SEC Tourney
    They did miss the NCAA tournament

vCash
    And over half the USCe fan base wants to fire Holbrook gone .. Which to me is absurd ..
    Like CJC or don't like him you can't have a 6 SEC win seasons and not be on the hot seat the next season.. Esp is year 7 or 8... There should never be a " rebuilding year " like that...

He deserves all the praise he has gotten and will get this year... But we should not be battling and trying to just reach the .500 mark in sec play... Going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    you can't have a 6 SEC win seasons and not be on the hot seat the next season..
    Well he had an 8 win SEC season last year, not 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    And over half the USCe fan base wants to fire Holbrook gone .. Which to me is absurd ..
    Like CJC or don't like him you can't have a 6 SEC win seasons and not be on the hot seat the next season.. Esp is year 7 or 8... There should never be a " rebuilding year " like that...

He deserves all the praise he has gotten and will get this year... But we should not be battling and trying to just reach the .500 mark in sec play... Going forward.
    I agree the seat gets hot after a season like that but it was an anomaly. nothing went our way last year and honestly I think alot of the meddling was cohen trying to do anything to win. any talk of his job being in jeopardy after last year is lunacy - and i attribute most of it to frustration.

CWS championship series and an overall sec title. and this year's not over. think cohen is good for a bit. and . 500 years in sec play are gonna happen I just hope people don't freak out the next time we have a down year and have knee jerk fire people reactions.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well he had an 8 win SEC season last year, not 6.
    6-8-10 doesn't make a ****... Can't happen this long into his tenure...