Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Premier League Offseason Thread

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Jamie Vardy has signed a 4-year extension with Leicester City. That's right, Premier League, you'll have to endure four more seasons of Jamie Vardy attacking your back line and keepers. Vardy will have his pay doubled, and if you have any thoughts of getting Mahrez or Konte go ahead and put them away. We are keeping our championship squad.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Jamie Vardy has signed a 4-year extension with Leicester City. That's right, Premier League, you'll have to endure four more seasons of Jamie Vardy attacking your back line and keepers. Vardy will have his pay doubled, and if you have any thoughts of getting Mahrez or Konte go ahead and put them away. We are keeping our championship squad.
    I figured you would be over the moon with that news. It will be interesting to see how you do if you do keep them all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I figured you would be over the moon with that news. It will be interesting to see how you do if you do keep them all.
    If we can maintain this squad going into next season, and add a few more key players. The repeat run may not be as far out of reach as I originally thought.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    If the UK leaves the EU, which based on the results so far looks increasingly likely, the impact on the EPL will be huge. It wont effect the blockbuster type transfers but the younger guys........that may be over. Overall not good for Liverpool under Klopp I would think.

vCash
    Bad news for EPL with what the UK did.

Confirmed transfer news- dani alves gone from barca to juventus. Good riddance, tired of seeing his ass in La Liga.

vCash
    Great pickup by Liverpool today with Sadio Mane! Like his style and energy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yeah I kinda hated to see him go from Southampton. Not sure this is going to be a great summer for the Saints, but they got a nice chunk of change for Mane.

vCash
    Not a transfer, but still big news. Psg has hired Unai Emery to fill the coaching job left by Laurent blanc. Wonder how Sevilla will fill that massive hole

vCash
    Well Southampton have gotten their new manager- Claude Puel. He's spent most of his time in France, but he has some Champions League experience.

vCash
    Zlatan officially announced he's reuniting with Jose mourinho in Manchester those year. At the very least it'll make them more entertaining on and off the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We have been burned so many times lately in the transfer market I ain't getting excited till the guy actually does it in Red.

vCash
    Looks like Arsenal is hard after Lukaku and Lacazette. Lukaku appears to be the preferred target. New rumour today is that Liverpool may be about to hijack our push for Lacazette as soon as they can offload Benteke.

Once the Gunners land one of the strikers, that might be it for our transfer business. We do still need a CB upgrade, though. Just gotta see what Wenger has in mind, but he's been a little spendy so far. Xhaka first and we signed a young Japanese star a few days ago, although it looks like he's going out on loan.

Did see a rumour that we're interested in Julian Draxler, but I have no idea where we'd play him. I'm counting that one as bullshit. The only thing about it that makes me think there *might* be something to it is we wanted Mkhitaryan badly and Draxler could fill the same role we had in mind for Micky. Still, I call bullshit for now.

Dudy, what's your take on Lacazette? From what I've read, seems like he'd be a hell of a signing. Electric pace and only Ibrahimovic has scored more goals in Ligue 1 the last couple of seasons. Supposedly Morata is still Wenger's preferred choice, but he's not going after him unless Madrid comes down on their 57M pound valuation of him.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Seems like Chelsea is trying to grab N'Golo Kante from Leicester City. Leicester is offering 100,000 quid a week for Kante to stay with the Foxes.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Seems like Chelsea is trying to grab N'Golo Kante from Leicester City. Leicester is offering 100,000 quid a week for Kante to stay with the Foxes.
    Can't remember who, but one of the big Italian clubs is also after him.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Can't remember who, but one of the big Italian clubs is also after him.
    I would really love to keep Kante, but I think he will be the biggest casualty of the Summer transfer window. Which sucks, because we took him from nothing and made him into one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Lacazette is a stud and only 23-24. He will be good for a while. I think any team on earth would want him.

As for Kante, I still think real madrid is going to push for him after the Euros. Zidane likes him a lot.

Morata rumors- right now the rumor is Conte said he's a must get for the plans at chelsea. So we slapped a 75 million euro tag on him. He will be rumored just about everywhere so I don't think we'll know his landing place (If he leaves) until it happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Lacazette is a stud and only 23-24. He will be good for a while. I think any team on earth would want him.

As for Kante, I still think real madrid is going to push for him after the Euros. Zidane likes him a lot.

Morata rumors- right now the rumor is Conte said he's a must get for the plans at chelsea. So we slapped a 75 million euro tag on him. He will be rumored just about everywhere so I don't think we'll know his landing place (If he leaves) until it happens
    So question: How much would we have to pay Kante in order to guarantee keeping him, in your opinion? 115k quid a week?
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    So question: How much would we have to pay Kante in order to guarantee keeping him, in your opinion? 115k quid a week?
    If teams like Real Madrid want him, the answer is easy. There's no way you guarantee keeping him with any amount you offer. They can pay more and if the player wants to make the move he can pretty much force it to happen. The question is, where does he want to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    If teams like Real Madrid want him, the answer is easy. There's no way you guarantee keeping him with any amount you offer. They can pay more and if the player wants to make the move he can pretty much force it to happen. The question is, where does he want to play.
    True...he's a huge cog in our midfield, and will be extremely difficult to replace. That kind of talent is extremely rare.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Big news on Paul pogba. Apparently madrid have ended what was actually not much true interest and he is set to be sold to Manchester United. Now likely just a matter of how much.

As for madrid, I'm sad we will apparently miss out on his talent, but he would've been just a shiny toy and not something we actually need. I really want Kante to sure up the midfield, to hold on to James, and to sign a backup left back. We do that, and either keep Morata or sell him and buy a backup for Benzema, and I think we can win la Liga and push to keep the champions league trophy in madrid