Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2016 Premier League Offseason Thread

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    PSG absolutely trounced your Fox Overlords 4-0 in ICC play at the StubHub Center in Los Angeles. Next up is Barcelona in ICC play as we play in Stockholm, Sweden
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Almost time to fire up the 2016-17 thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    So Napoli's official radio station is saying today that Higuain is "almost certainly" coming to Arsenal. Supposedly the Gunners have offered to swap Giroud + 50M euros. And Giroud's agent has talked up the move, hinting that Giroud is keen on moving. Really, really hoping this move happens. Higuain would be a huge upgrade.

There's also chatter that Mahrez has snubbed a new contract offer from Leicester. If true, don't be surprised to see Arsenal make a strong push to land him.

Hull is supposedly closing in on a deal for Hal Robson-Kanu. I don't expect them to make many early deals, based on what Bruce has said. Basically we gotta wait for the big teams to get their business done and then see who's left and who we can afford.
    I've read that Hull could have a historically bad season this year with all that is going on and the lack of players brought in. I know Newcastle thinks they've sealed the deal on Mohamad Diame, scored 13 goals from the midfield for y'all last season in the Championship. Should be more than serviceable replacement for Wijnaldum.

Newcastle's climb back to the PL begins Friday. I find myself strangely excited for the season and have been pleased with the quality of players we've signed despite playing in the 2nd tier. The only thing I'm left hoping for at this point is that someone will take Sissoko off of our hands, hopefully even at a nice fee since he played decent in the Euros for the French.

Most importantly though, Rafa remaining as our coach has galvanized the fanbase. For the first time since I've followed Newcastle (admittedly, this is only my third season following them) the fanbase is excited and not a cesspool of pessimism and anger. And the rift between them and Mike Ashley (owner) has gotten significantly better. The Rafalution has begun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I've read that Hull could have a historically bad season this year with all that is going on and the lack of players brought in. I know Newcastle thinks they've sealed the deal on Mohamad Diame, scored 13 goals from the midfield for y'all last season in the Championship. Should be more than serviceable replacement for Wijnaldum.

Newcastle's climb back to the PL begins Friday. I find myself strangely excited for the season and have been pleased with the quality of players we've signed despite playing in the 2nd tier. The only thing I'm left hoping for at this point is that someone will take Sissoko off of our hands, hopefully even at a nice fee since he played decent in the Euros for the French.

Most importantly though, Rafa remaining as our coach has galvanized the fanbase. For the first time since I've followed Newcastle (admittedly, this is only my third season following them) the fanbase is excited and not a cesspool of pessimism and anger. And the rift between them and Mike Ashley (owner) has gotten significantly better. The Rafalution has begun.
    I'm on f'n suicide watch. The Allams have completely destroyed the club. I don't know if it's even salvageable. We only have like 9 healthy outfield players right now. And we haven't added a single player so far. And Diame may be leaving, although we're going to offer him a new deal. But if he goes.....DAMN. He scored the game winner for promotion. Losing him would be a huge blow, both in terms of talent and symbolically. I saw something that said as it stands right now, Hull's odds of staying up this season are about the same as the odds of our Fox Overlords winning the title last season. That's absurd. It's beyound time for #AllamOut
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I'm on f'n suicide watch. The Allams have completely destroyed the club. I don't know if it's even salvageable. We only have like 9 healthy outfield players right now. And we haven't added a single player so far. And Diame may be leaving, although we're going to offer him a new deal. But if he goes.....DAMN. He scored the game winner for promotion. Losing him would be a huge blow, both in terms of talent and symbolically. I saw something that said as it stands right now, Hull's odds of staying up this season are about the same as the odds of our Fox Overlords winning the title last season. That's absurd. It's beyound time for #AllamOut
    Why is he waiting till after the transfer window to begin discussions on selling the team? Seems like he's basically just giving the city a big ole middle finger for not letting him change their name to Hull Tigers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Why is he waiting till after the transfer window to begin discussions on selling the team? Seems like he's basically just giving the city a big ole middle finger for not letting him change their name to Hull Tigers.
    That's exactly what it is. Check out this epic tweet. It lays out everything. Basically, the Allams have been having discussions all summer following promotion, but they're wanting more than anyone is willing to pay. It's just a really shitty situation.

In other Hull news, the Wales FA rejected our attempt to speak with Coleman about our job. With Coleman officially out of the running, it looks like we're going to see Giancarlo Zola named as the new boss. Going to be interesting to see if the Allams will open up the kitty for Zola. He doesn't have long to get anyone into the club. There ought to be a Lumberjack Strap Match between Steve Bruce and a partner of his choice versus the Allams, with a selection of fans acting as lumberjack with leather straps on the outside. I think pretty much everyone hates the Allams now and would like to kick them in the nuts.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Hull is chasing Chris Coleman hard. Apparently we're willing to nearly quadruple his wages up to 1.5M. He's interested, but the Wales FA have blocked approaches so far. Hope like hell we land him, he seems like a big time manager in the making. I still want the #AllamsOut yesterday, but I'll give them credit if they can hire Coleman.

All quiet on the Arsenal transfer front. We're still chasing Lacazette and Icardi. Supposedly Agent Wifey for Icardi is in London working on a deal. There's also some speculation we may be behind the recent Julian Draxler transfer drama. I'd kill to land him. There's some talk we might play him as a No. 9, although I'd prefer to keep him on the wing then move him to CAM when Ozil moves on. But if Wenger feels he could develop into that elite striker that we're missing, go for it.

Are we gonna do a fantasy league again this year? Season is only 6 days away!

vCash
    Are we gonna do a fantasy league again this year? Season is only 6 days away!
    I'm still in with my Saints, but I'm worried that things won't go so well this year. Had some big names leave for our event reason or another and haven't really seen any big splashes with signings. Plus we've got a new manager, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

You guys ever listen to any soccer podcasts? I'm on the road a lot and get really tired of regular radio. I found a couple of podcasts last spring that I liked but I'm open for suggestions.