Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
Yeah, I'm a little surprised this seems legit. Personally, I'd rather cough up the cash for Morata. He's younger and less likely to be a one hit wonder. But if this happens, I'd be a big fan of the move. Hell, Vardy can't be worse than Giroud. Still lots of talk about Mahrez to Arsenal, too. Liverpool hit the nail on the head: Leicester is going to get some offers they basically can't refuse for these guys.

From everything I've read, this definitely seems like a very unusual move for Wenger. But someone made a point that made sense: Wenger doesn't splash the cash unless there's a deal that's basically too good to pass on. And 20M for the EPL goals runner up is an absurd deal. Plus Wenger is also widely known as having an eye for talent, so he obviously thinks Vardy can play and won't be a one-off. And a point that seems to be in his favor is that Vardy isn't your typical 29 year old striker nearing the washed up stage. He's still got plenty of life in his legs compared to most players his age.

Where the hell is Ref? I'm guessing he's crawled in a hole and died. Definitely going to have to keep an eye on Fleetwood now. It'll be interesting to see what they do with all their cash if this deal does indeed go through. You gotta think they'd upgrade the squad a little and try to push into the Championship.
I'm pretty sure Real Madrid has a buy-back clause on Morata where they essentially get 1st dibs on him if Juve sells him, although I could be thinking of a different player. But Fleetwood Town seemingly used the $1 million they got for Vardy in the original deal to jump from the 5th tier to League 1, another 6.8 to pump into a League 1 team would just be ridiculous. They've basically hit the lottery because of him for sure.