Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
will the Foxes be able to maintain their staff and possibly maintain the high level of play we had this past season? I think we keep Vardy just because he's 30, most will be scared away by his age. I'm worried about losing Mahrez (who has been with the club for at least 3 seasons) and Danny Drinkwater. Wes Morgan and Robert Huth will stay with the squad. N'Golo Kante is worrisome for me.
I'd say top 6 would be expected. You'll add some talent with the money you won, which will help with depth, but you'll be in the EPL, CL, FA and League cups at least. Thats a lot of games to succeed in for a smaller club. So I'd say top 6 and decent showings in the other tournaments would be considered a great year for Leicester. I agree you'll keep vardy, Huth, Morgan, Smeichel (spelling is off), and I think Drinkwater. Someone may buy him for more than he's worth, but I think he would be a flop. He's a system guy (luckily for you it was your system he fits perfectly) so I think he'd best served to stay. I'd be amazed if you don't lose Mahrez, Schlupp, and Konte at the least. Maybe a few others, but I think you'll keep enough of the core to have another good year. The question is, do the Premier League giants (City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal) the past few years all completely flop like last year? My guess is no for 1 or 2, so that makes your job much harder.