Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scenario to Win the SEC (updated 5-20)

vCash

Scenario to Win the SEC (updated 5-20)

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Br...-5-20-45412188

*** Mississippi State: The Bulldogs are in excellent shape to win the league if the Gators trip up. After beating Arkansas, which is now tied for the league's worst record following Thursday's games, Mississippi State is just off the SEC lead and playing one of the easier opponents among remaining contenders.

To Win SEC: 1) Win two remaining games against Arkansas, coupled with one Florida loss, OR 2) Win one remaining game against Arkansas, coupled with two Florida losses AND one Texas A&M loss AND one South Carolina loss.

To Be Eliminated: 1) Florida wins all three games against LSU

I assume scenario 1 would mean we share the title with aTm. So, to win out right, we need to sweep and UF/aTm to lose 1.

vCash

I don't see aTm losing this weekend. UNM's best chance to win was last night.

I think they get their asses swept. I do think LSU will win one against UF in Baton Rouge though. This is where that loss to Bama may come back to haunt us and keeps us from winning the SEC outright.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I assume scenario 1 would mean we share the title with aTm. So, to win out right, we need to sweep and UF/aTm to lose 1.
    Yes, this is correct. We could share the SEC title and still get the 3 seed in Hoover.

vCash
    A win tonight by us, LSU, and Ole Miss, would setup one of the most badass Saturday games at the Dude in ages. Would be so awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I think they get their asses swept. I do think LSU will win one against UF in Baton Rouge though. This is where that loss to Bama may come back to haunt us and keeps us from winning the SEC outright.
    We are not going to get any help from Ole Miss or LSU. Neither of them are really top 10 worthy.

vCash

Lange is good enough to beat anyone in the league if he's on. I think they

get one but we shall see.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yes, this is correct. We could share the SEC title and still get the 3 seed in Hoover.
    Can UF and us really be tied percentage wise with them having one less game than us so far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We are not going to get any help from Ole Miss or LSU. Neither of them are really top 10 worthy.
    I just don't see LSU getting swept in BR. Anything could happen but that is not very likely. I will be pleasantly surprised though if UNM takes a game against TA&M. The Bears are a paper tiger. They have feasted on mediocre to poor competition this year while being not very good at all against top level competition. They did take 2 of 3 from LSU at home and beat Louisville 2 out of 3 at home but the UL series was very early in the season before most teams have rounded into form. UNM hasn't won any big series on the road.

vCash
    All the scenarios make my brain hurt.... to keep it simple, Florida needs to lose one more game than we do for us to finish ahead of them. The exception would be if they get washed out for all three in BR. We then finish ahead only if we sweep.

TAMU needs to win one less if we don't want to share anything with them

LSU is playing well... thay are likely to take one from them Gaytah.... who knows what the cheating potheads will do at TAMU
    Last edited by AlmostPositive; 05-20-2016 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    If you want to obsess over all the possibilities, this was on the other board:

Florida
    18 8 0.692 Florida 0-0
    19 8 0.704 Florida 1-0
    18 9 0.667 Florida 0-1
    20 8 0.714 Florida 2-0
    19 9 0.679 Florida 1-1
    18 10 0.643 Florida 0-2
    21 8 0.724 Florida 3-0
    20 9 0.690 Florida 2-1
    19 10 0.655 Florida 1-2
    18 9 0.667 Florida 0-3

State/A&M
    19 9 0.679 State 1-0
    20 9 0.690 State 2-0
    19 10 0.655 State 1-1
    21 9 0.700 State 3-0
    20 10 0.667 State 2-1
    19 11 0.633 State 1-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Can UF and us really be tied percentage wise with them having one less game than us so far?
    No. We get the 3 seed because TX AM wins tiebreaker with us. UF would get the 2 seed for winning the east.

Banned
    vCash
    Kinda bullshit for Florida to have a leg up due to a wash out game. But I get it, we've benefited before from that sort of thing.

Just another reason why the SEC regular season title doesn't mean much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    get one but we shall see.
    Didn't he start last night?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    No, but even if we're ahead of UF, if they win the East, they get the 2 seed.

ETA: What Scooba said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Didn't he start last night?
    Yes, he is done. The Tigahs will have lean on the rest of that staff to get one. Advantage UF.

vCash
    I agree. I thought the above was a very simple breakdown.

The most likely to happen.......

With a DH tomorrow, I see LSU taking one game in the series.

Both clubs knowing what is on the line.....I see State and aTm doing everything they can to sweep. I think OM has a better chance to win one at aTm than Arkansas in Starkville but that chance is small.

aTm/MSU are SEC co-Champs... is my prediction.

vCash

Sorry, I meant Poche, not Lange......My bad......

N

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Yes, he is done. The Tigahs will have lean on the rest of that staff to get one. Advantage UF.
    Did Logan shore throw last night for Florida?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Did Logan shore throw last night for Florida?
    Yes, but UF has much more depth in the bump. But it is in BR anything can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Yes, but UF has much more depth in the bump. But it is in BR anything can happen.
    Those coonasses need to break out the rally possum again.