Thread: Regional rotation

vCash

Regional rotation

Hudson -- 2.52 era 1.21 whip 3.37 k/bb
    Sexton -- 3.69 era 1.24 whip 3.90 k/bb
    Pilk -- 1.79 era 1.17 whip 2.53 k/bb

If we started the regional today, how would you set up the rotation? A few weeks ago, I wanted to go pilk, Hudson, and sexton. Right now, I think you could make a case that it should be sexton, Hudson, and pilk.

vCash
    I would probably go Sexton, Hudson then Pilk. Pilk still struggles going deep into games so having Sexton and Hudson gives us a better chance to have a full pen the 3rd game.

vCash
    TBA, Hudson, Sexton

vCash
    Depends on if the 4 seed we match up against is really done patsy with no business in the tourney or a legit team.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Alabama State is probably our most likely opponent game 1. They are a SWAC team but are actually formidable. They went 24-0 in the SWAC this year and have won games against South Alabama and at Tennessee. Two starters have sub-1.5 ERAs.

ASU is still a SWAC school we should handle, but it's not like MSVU or Alcorn coming into town.

ETA: And for the record if that's who we played, I'd start Sexton gm 1, Hudson gm 2, and Pilkington gm 3.
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 05-17-2016 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Depends on if the 4 seed we match up against is really done patsy with no business in the tourney or a legit team.
    This is the correct answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I agree on this. I don't think we should start Hudson game 1, but I lean toward Sexton in that one over Pilkington or anyone else. You want to take them seriously, but you don't want to be dumb. We need to win the first two, those are the most important. So I'd throw our best two starters in those 2.

vCash
    I have a lot of faith in Pilkington against a SWAC team. I could see him getting 7-8 against them.

Banned
    vCash
    It all is going to depend on who is in ths regional like stated above.

vCash
    I think you just try to get a complete game from Sexton and it sets up your pen for the rest of the regional. Pilk seems to lose it around 75 pitches which might get you to the 7th maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I think you just try to get a complete game from Sexton and it sets up your pen for the rest of the regional. Pilk seems to lose it around 75 pitches which might get you to the 7th maybe.
    Yep, Sexton-Hud-Pilk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I have a lot of faith in Pilkington against a SWAC team. I could see him getting 7-8 against them.
    Yeah...definitely agree with this. No reason Pilkington shouldn't be able to go deep against a team like Alabama State.

vCash
    Agreed. Pilkington should get the ball - I think it'd be great for his confidence as well. We'll need him big time in the rest of the postseason should we make it out of the regional.

Banned
    vCash
    It's a regional. You go with your veteran in Game 1 - Sexton. Ace in Game 2, which is obvious. Pilkington goes and wins Game 3, as we should be able to out-hit someone's #4 guy, coming out of the loser's bracket.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    It's a regional. You go with your veteran in Game 1 - Sexton. Ace in Game 2, which is obvious. Pilkington goes and wins Game 3, as we should be able to out-hit someone's #4 guy, coming out of the loser's bracket.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Sexton- Hudson- Pilk

Pilk is not an innings eater and you simply can't chance burning up some bullpen in Game 1
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sexton- Hudson- Pilk

Pilk is not an innings eater and you simply can't chance burning up some bullpen in Game 1
    Yep. Unless the 4 seed has a stud, which happens. Losing the first game is the same as losing the second. Make it through those 2 and hard to beat us twice w down the line pitching

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sexton- Hudson- Pilk

This... And This.

vCash
    Pilk
    Hudson
    Sexton