Thread: OT: RIP Guy Clark

vCash

OT: RIP Guy Clark

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...d-74/80932338/

Guy never made it near the level of Bowie, Prince or the Hag, but he wrote some of the most perfect songs I've ever encountered. It's hard to listen to "Desperados Waiting for a Train" or "The Randall Knife" without getting a little misty. Clark was a key influence on songwriters like Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen, and his songs have been covered by the likes of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, George Strait and many more.

"Only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes." - Guy Clark
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Give us your tired and weak and we will make them strong. Bring us your foreign songs and we will sing along.
    Leave us your broken dreams, we'll give them time to mend. There's still a lot of love living in the Promiseland"
    - as sung by Willie Nelson

vCash
    " Spread your arms, take a deep breath and trust your Cape"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post

Guy never made it near the level of Bowie, Prince or the Hag, but he wrote some of the most perfect songs I've ever encountered. It's hard to listen to "Desperados Waiting for a Train" or "The Randall Knife" without getting a little misty. Clark was a key influence on songwriters like Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen, and his songs have been covered by the likes of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, George Strait and many more.

"Only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes." - Guy Clark
    Wow, a true legend. Hate to hear it. His live album and Live at the Bluebird with Steve earle and Townes Van Zandt are masterpieces.

The documentaries "Heartworn Highways" and "To Know Me Is To Love Me" are must sees for any true music fan.

Hell of a guitar builder too.

Dublin Blues is a song that shows what song writing should be, music and lyrics.

Ole Guy is off That LA Freeway now.

Damn, I need a beer. Feels like a close friend died
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post

Lost one of the best. I would set and finger-pick desperadoes over and over and over for half a day. LA Freeway is another all time favorite. On and on and on......

vCash
    The Guitar

vCash
    One of the absolute best ever song writers. Not as prolific as the great Hank Williams, but unforgettable image after unforgettable image . . . . Signed, Mississippi 1957.