Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Except everyone thinks he's dead and Benjen is taking he & Meera further north. He has to become the new Three Eyed Crow. Like Jon, he's not really in position to claim any real Weserosi power.
    I don't think it's been said, or even implied, that they're going farther north. There's really not indication where they're going. I think everyone is assuming they are going south to escape the WW's and get Bran to the wall.

vCash
    Except everyone thinks he's dead and Benjen is taking he & Meera further north. He has to become the new Three Eyed Crow. Like Jon, he's not really in position to claim any real Weserosi power.
    The White Walkers attacked from the North. They had to have headed south. It's where relative safety is
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    I don't think it's been said, or even implied, that they're going farther north. There's really not indication where they're going. I think everyone is assuming they are going south to escape the WW's and get Bran to the wall.
    GRRM has said several times we'd go farther North this season. Bran needs a place to hide out and explore his greenseer powers. He needs the power of the weirwoods for that. That isn't Winterfell. If he goes back there, he'll be too busy with the mundane, distracting stuff to focus on learning how to harness his powers. They'll find another cave or something to hide in.

Again, you have to think big picture. Who wins the Iron Throne or rules Winterfell is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of the story. It's fun to talk about, but it won't matter if when the Others/WWs show up they can't be defeated and wipe Men from existence.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Just had a crazy thought. What if Tommen is the cause of Cersi's death? If he orders her death then dies himself. He is the younger brother so the fortune would still hold.

vCash
    I think if they go the Volanqar rout in the show that that is very possibly, and probably most likely. However, I don't think that they will go that route since they did not have the Volanqar prophecy in the show.

vCash
    GRRM has said several times we'd go farther North this season. Bran needs a place to hide out and explore his greenseer powers. He needs the power of the weirwoods for that. That isn't Winterfell. If he goes back there, he'll be too busy with the mundane, distracting stuff to focus on learning how to harness his powers. They'll find another cave or something to hide in.

Again, you have to think big picture. Who wins the Iron Throne or rules Winterfell is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of the story. It's fun to talk about, but it won't matter if when the Others/WWs show up they can't be defeated and wipe Men from existence.
    Last edited by Uncle Ruckus; 06-27-2016 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Absolutely great episode. I wonder if Bran will tell Jon who his parents are. Jaime definitely looked at Cersi like she was crazy. I really hope Winds of Winter come out soon.

vCash
    It was a fantastic episode. The last 13 episodes will be crazy
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Jaime gonna kill Cersei

vCash
    Apparently, Jon Snow's true name is Jaehaerys Targaryen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    Apparently, Jon Snow's true name is Jaehaerys Targaryen
    I saw that woman supposedly watched it 50 times to get it right. It was more difficult to read her lips because you could only see from the side. HBO after show also released a graphic that showed his dad was Rhaegar so it is pretty official. The only thing not known is if they were married which would make him a Targeryan rather than a bastard. He would be a Blackfyre if that was the case. Rumor is the Night King was a Blackfyre who became Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.

vCash
    Sorry it's taken me so long to chime in this week, fellas. Been on vaca with the fam in DC. Just got back last night.

What a damn episode. Ho. Lee. Shit. So much happened to talk about:

Cersei takes out The Faith and all the Tyrells except the Queen of Thorns. Inadvertently causes Tommen's death. Ascends to the Iron Throne as queen. Jaime is gonna kill the bitch at some point. I'm convinced now. I think it'll be The Hound in the books, but it's Jaime in the show. Also, I think this whole plot plays out differently in the books. Honestly, I'm just surprised Cersei didn't burn down the whole city.

Dany and Tyrion were on point. Tyrion's speech about being a cynic but believing in Dany has to hit you in the feels. Interesting to see the Targaryen forces aligning - Dothraki, Unsullied, Dorne, Tyrell. And were Yara & Theon part of the massive fleet? I had a little trouble with that, should probably re-watch that segment. Regardless, Dany is going to steamroll Westeros when she shows up.

Sansa and Jon in the North is intriguing. Lady Mormont continues to be badass. I think Sansa is fine with Jon being Lord of Winterfell, but I'm not sure how long that'll last. Littlefinger was definitely pissed at the end of the episode. At least Sansa saw it and knows he can't be trusted. Gonna be real interested to see what happens with this particular story.

Arya is a beast. Making Walder Frey eat his own sons? Epic! About time she starts making her moves. I could see her taking out Cersei, too. But my money is still on Jaime, for now.

Davos confronts Melisandre. Not sure how I feel about this. What she did was completely awful and she deserves to die. If Jon or Davos had killed her, it would be justice and I'd be ok with it. But she's also the reason Jon is still alive. Part of me is glad she's still alive for the real fight, because she's going to be useful.

Sam and Gilly finally arrived at Old Town. Sam's gonna be real damn disappointed to find out Jon is no longer Lord Commander of the Watch. Wonder if we'll be going back to the Wall next season? That particular part of the story needs some fleshing out.

And finally, the biggest moment of the night: TOJ! We have confirmation that Jon is indeed the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Is he a trueborn Targaryen or a Blackfyre? And is his name even Jon? Jon Snow is essentially the Westerosi equivalent of Jon Smith. I'm guessing he has a different name we don't know just yet. And how will he discover who he really is? Will he find Bran and learn it from him? Or will he discover it another way? Here's a pretty cool fan theory of how it could happen differently. Honestly, I would prefer this and would bet this is more likely to happen in the books than TV. Let's talk GoT!
    Last edited by War Machine Dawg; 07-01-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I might be incorrect but didn't Sam go to not only become a Maester but also really to find out whatever he can on the White Walkers? Seems like that was one of the reasons Jon sent him there. That theory on how he will find out makes sense. The only other way I could see it is if we finally meet Howland Reed. If he comes to Winterfell and tells Jon but maybe Littlefinger has a spy that overheard the conversation. That would give him another way to twist things to maybe get on the iron throne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I saw that woman supposedly watched it 50 times to get it right. It was more difficult to read her lips because you could only see from the side. HBO after show also released a graphic that showed his dad was Rhaegar so it is pretty official. The only thing not known is if they were married which would make him a Targeryan rather than a bastard. He would be a Blackfyre if that was the case. Rumor is the Night King was a Blackfyre who became Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.
    Blackfyre was the surname that Daemon after he was legitimized by Aegon IV Targaryen on his deathbed. Before then, he was Daemon Waters. All Blackfyres are Daemon's descendants. Jon is called Snow because bast arts raised in the North use the surname Snow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I might be incorrect but didn't Sam go to not only become a Maester but also really to find out whatever he can on the White Walkers? Seems like that was one of the reasons Jon sent him there. That theory on how he will find out makes sense. The only other way I could see it is if we finally meet Howland Reed. If he comes to Winterfell and tells Jon but maybe Littlefinger has a spy that overheard the conversation. That would give him another way to twist things to maybe get on the iron throne.
    I believe you're correct. That was part of the reason Jon sent Sam to become Maester. He knew they needed all the info they could get on the White Walkers and the best place to find whatever info that's left was the Maesters' Guild in Old Town. But they also desperately need a new Maester to replace Aemon and Sam was the most qualified candidate.

vCash
    On the fan theory of how Jon discovers his true ancestry, what if the tales of Vermax laying eggs in the Winterfell crypts is true? We know that dragons are asexual/gender fluid, i.e. they are neither male nor female and can be both. Thus why Aemon, shortly before his death, believes the prophecy of TPTWP refers to Dany. Even though Vermax was "male", he still was capable of laying eggs. That being the case, let's make a couple of assumptions:

1. Vermax did, in fact, lay eggs in the Winterfell crypts.

2. The fan theory involving Jon discovering his ancestry in the crypts happens.

Does Jon then also discover Vermax's eggs? Will one or more of the eggs hatch for him? As a Targaryen, we know by birth he is a dragon master. Yes, he has Ghost. But should he not also have at least one dragon? And would you even like for him to have a dragon?

Just some questions I had that I think make for interesting discussion.

vCash
    On the fan theory of how Jon discovers his true ancestry, what if the tales of Vermax laying eggs in the Winterfell crypts is true? We know that dragons are asexual/gender fluid, i.e. they are neither male nor female and can be both. Thus why Aemon, shortly before his death, believes the prophecy of TPTWP refers to Dany. Even though Vermax was "male", he still was capable of laying eggs. That being the case, let's make a couple of assumptions:

1. Vermax did, in fact, lay eggs in the Winterfell crypts.

2. The fan theory involving Jon discovering his ancestry in the crypts happens.

Does Jon then also discover Vermax's eggs? Will one or more of the eggs hatch for him? As a Targaryen, we know by birth he is a dragon master. Yes, he has Ghost. But should he not also have at least one dragon? And would you even like for him to have a dragon?

Just some questions I had that I think make for interesting discussion.
    I believe it takes "fire and blood" to hatch dragon eggs. A life must be sacrificed via fire with the egg for a dragon to hatch.

vCash
    I believe it takes "fire and blood" to hatch dragon eggs. A life must be sacrificed via fire with the egg for a dragon to hatch.
    Maybe Melisandre provides both.

vCash
    Not necessarily. I think it depends on the state of the egg(s). We aren't told anything about how dragons hatch or why they hatch. Dany's eggs were supposedly fossilized, thus requiring the extraordinary circumstances of "fire and blood" to activate them. If Vermax's eggs are still viable, then perhaps they'd hatch for a Targaryen naturally. We just don't have enough information to go on to make that sort of guess.

Damn good point, though. Certainly worth discussing. And dammit, we need Bear to get in on this discussion. He's the real theorist of our discussions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Maybe Melisandre provides both.
    Interesting idea. She might be willing to make that sacrifice to help atone for Shireen, especially if it increases "Jon's" odds of defeating the White Walkers.