Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I wonder what Bran will do when he sees a Hodor wight? Especially since Hodor's entire life was screwed specifically because of Bran. Just 2 direwolves left, Ghost and Nymeria. I am going to be pissed if something happens to Ghost. I wonder if they even bring Nymeria back into the picture since Arya isn't linked to her like in the books. I really thought reading the books that the direwolves were going to be more than pets but the show is definitely leaning that way.
    As engie and I have been saying, you can no longer take anything that happens in the show as an indication of what will happen in the books. They've diverged in completely different directions. It's explicitly clear that the direwolves are avatars of the Stark children in the books. They do seem to be nothing more than pets in the show. Also of note: Euron wins the crown with the Dragon Horn in the books. He won it with nothing more than a speech Sunday night. Theon is nowhere near the kingsmoot in the books. No Victarion at all in the show. Stannis is still alive in the books. Roose is the f'n boss in the books and is always a step ahead of Ramsey. I could go on and on with the differences.

They're going to get to roughly the same endgame, but you just can't compare the books and the show anymore. They're completely different now.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    As engie and I have been saying, you can no longer take anything that happens in the show as an indication of what will happen in the books. They've diverged in completely different directions. It's explicitly clear that the direwolves are avatars of the Stark children in the books. They do seem to be nothing more than pets in the show. Also of note: Euron wins the crown with the Dragon Horn in the books. He won it with nothing more than a speech Sunday night. Theon is nowhere near the kingsmoot in the books. No Victarion at all in the show. Stannis is still alive in the books. Roose is the f'n boss in the books and is always a step ahead of Ramsey. I could go on and on with the differences.

They're going to get to roughly the same endgame, but you just can't compare the books and the show anymore. They're completely different now.
    Screw GRRM for letting this happen. I'm still not watching but hard not to see a thought or two here and there. IDK, if there's no announcement of TWOW by the time the DVD comes out I might watch it. Still pissed right now.

Because the show is such an aberration right now, most of my book theories are still intact. Since you mention Theon at the kingsmoot, I still think in the books Theon is going to kill Euron like a boss and rule the Ironborn when all is said and done, probably bringing them to the "right" side of the final battle, which I believe is going to be pretty simple actually. I believe the endgame is going to be those that wish to destroy mankind vs. those who wishes to save it (what I'm calling the "right" side) and not everyone will realize they're really on the wrong side, at least not till it's too late (I think a good example will be Dany and her Dragons, who will melt the wall and let the Others thru).

It's been so long since I gave it much thought so off the cuff I don't remember how it fits in, but since we mention Euron, I believe that Daario is more than what he seems and is either Euron or Benjen incognito. The timeline of East/West is sometimes funny and hard to be sure there aren't large gaps. In a book, when characters don't really know what other characters may look like you can get away with this sort of thing. I don't believe there would have been any reason for Jorah or Barriston to recognize Euron, and depending on Jorah, maybe not Benjen either.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 05-24-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

And to the point that I was getting at in my op, this is why I see it a political push by the left. Danny will most likely win the Game on the show, with help from former slaves and a true transgender in lord Varas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Screw GRRM for letting this happen. I'm still not watching but hard not to see a thought or two here and there. IDK, if there's no announcement of TWOW by the time the DVD comes out I might watch it. Still pissed right now.

Because the show is such an aberration right now, most of my book theories are still intact. Since you mention Theon at the kingsmoot, I still think in the books Theon is going to kill Euron like a boss and rule the Ironborn when all is said and done, probably bringing them to the "right" side of the final battle, which I believe is going to be pretty simple actually. I believe the endgame is going to be those that wish to destroy mankind vs. those who wishes to save it (what I'm calling the "right" side) and not everyone will realize they're really on the wrong side, at least not till it's too late (I think a good example will be Dany and her Dragons, who will melt the wall and let the Others thru).

It's been so long since I gave it much thought so off the cuff I don't remember how it fits in, but since we mention Euron, I believe that Daario is more than what he seems and is either Euron or Benjen incognito. The timeline of East/West is sometimes funny and hard to be sure there aren't large gaps. In a book, when characters don't really know what other characters may look like you can get away with this sort of thing. I don't believe there would have been any reason for Jorah or Barriston to recognize Euron, and depending on Jorah, maybe not Benjen either.
    Man, I feel your frustration. But just go ahead and start watching again. The article I linked mentioned TWOW won't be released in '16, meaning it'll be at least '17. And the way GRRM goes, it could be '18 or '20. The producers have made it really clear there will still be plenty of surprises for people who are reading the books.

I wouldn't be surprised if Daario is Benjen. The most "out there" theory on Daario is that it's actually Ned Stark. I tend to think that's wishful thinking, but how epic would that be? BTW, am I the only one who isn't a fan of the recast Daario?

vCash
    Man, I feel your frustration. But just go ahead and start watching again. The article I linked mentioned TWOW won't be released in '16, meaning it'll be at least '17. And the way GRRM goes, it could be '18 or '20. The producers have made it really clear there will still be plenty of surprises for people who are reading the books.

I wouldn't be surprised if Daario is Benjen. The most "out there" theory on Daario is that it's actually Ned Stark. I tend to think that's wishful thinking, but how epic would that be? BTW, am I the only one who isn't a fan of the recast Daario?
    I don't think aario (because he gave the D to Danerys) is Benjen. I think Benjen has been doing recon on the White Walkers and is going to give insight on where they are from. I just don't know how they would do some kind of twist like that and it make sense.

vCash
    I don't think aario (because he gave the D to Danerys) is Benjen. I think Benjen has been doing recon on the White Walkers and is going to give insight on where they are from. I just don't know how they would do some kind of twist like that and it make sense.
    I believe Benjen became Coldhands in the book. You don't see much (if any) of him in the series but he's the one that saved Sam, Gilly, and the baby after they left Craster's. He also guides Bran, Hodor, Meera, and Jojen to the Three-eyed Crow. In the book, it's a Three-eyed Crow, not a Three-eyed Raven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    I believe Benjen became Coldhands in the book. You don't see much (if any) of him in the series but he's the one that saved Sam, Gilly, and the baby after they left Craster's. He also guides Bran, Hodor, Meera, and Jojen to the Three-eyed Crow. In the book, it's a Three-eyed Crow, not a Three-eyed Raven.
    I get the impression Coldhands has been around a lot longer than since the time Uncle Benjen went missing. I'm thinking he is the Nights King.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    GRRM has stated that Benjen is not Coldhands in the books. I think Benjen will be rescuing Bran and Meera this week. I don't believe that there will be a Coldhands in the show. Benjen was mentioned in the first episode of this season.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    If Cold Hands does help Bran, I hope we get some kind of explanation on who he is and why he is helping. GRRM seems to have reasons for things like Hodor but there are so many loose ends it will be hard to make them all mean something. Still one Lannister kid to get a golden shroud like the fortune teller told Cersei so that will happen. When Tommen goes down then I guess Margery becomes Queen. It would be interesting if there was a War of the 5 Queens. Sansa Queen of the North, Elaria Queen of Dorne, Margery Queen of Westeros, Asha Queen of the Iron Islands, and Dany Queen of the Dragons.

I wonder how Arya is used to impact the story as a whole. Does Arya assassinate Tommen or Cersei? Several people still left on her list and when she gets back with Jon and Sansa is she damaged beyond repair? She has been getting brainwashed into a girl with No Name for a while now so if she leaves does she remember to pick up needle where she hid it?

So many questions, I don't know if 1 1/2 seasons are enough to rap it all up.
    With Tommen being the recognized King, Jaime is his heir. Jaime is his closest male relative.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    With Tommen being the recognized King, Jaime is his heir. Jaime is his closest male relative.
    As Captain of the Kingsguard, he swore an oath to hold no land or title. He mentioned the fact when Tywin wanted him to go back and rule Casterly Rock. He said that was the only oath he hadn't broken so it was important to him. I don't think Jamie would want it unless Cersie talked him into just being her puppet. What would kick ass is if Gendry rowed down the Blackwater to King's Landing and became king as the last Baratheon living. Of course he is a bastard so he basically has no right to the throne. It wouldn't surprise me if Dorne works with the Tyrells to overthrow the Lannisters and in the middle of this Dany shows up with the Kalesar and 3 Dragons ready to fight. The shit will be going down and news hits that the White Walkers are invading Westeros.

vCash
    Jaime may not have wanted Casterly Rock then. Jaime would have lost all 3 of his children. That type of grief changes any person

vCash
    I'm pulling for the white walkers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
    I'm pulling for the white walkers!
    That is like being on Team Negan.

vCash
    GRRM has stated that Benjen is not Coldhands in the books. I think Benjen will be rescuing Bran and Meera this week. I don't believe that there will be a Coldhands in the show. Benjen was mentioned in the first episode of this season.
    So they made Benjen into Coldhands. GRRM has said he wasn't in the book but you never can tell if that is still true or if they changed it for the show. Mostly boring episode. Arya getting needle back was the best thing this week. Hopefully it is a sign that she is done with Bravos.

vCash
    We might get Lady Stoneheart this season. Thoros of Myr is back this season for a hanging scene.

vCash
    We might get Lady Stoneheart this season. Thoros of Myr is back this season for a hanging scene.
    Unless they completely lied, the producers said after Season 3 there would be no Stoneheart.

vCash
    I thought the best part of the episode was Dany's speech at the end. And her control over Drogon. Things about to get real now that she has the baddest army in the story following her. She's arguably the most natural leader of everyone in the story, including Jon.

Sam taking Heartsbane was cool. He's finally grown a pair. And they're gonna need all the Valyrian steel they can find when the Walkers arrive.

Benjen returning was predictable but satisfying. Now he's gotta help Bran learn to control his powers. Aren't we due one more TOJ flashback?

Is it wrong I was hoping for a walk of atonement from Margaery? I have no idea what the High Sparrow and Tommen are up to.

vCash
    I thought the best part of the episode was Dany's speech at the end. And her control over Drogon. Things about to get real now that she has the baddest army in the story following her. She's arguably the most natural leader of everyone in the story, including Jon.

Sam taking Heartsbane was cool. He's finally grown a pair. And they're gonna need all the Valyrian steel they can find when the Walkers arrive.

Benjen returning was predictable but satisfying. Now he's gotta help Bran learn to control his powers. Aren't we due one more TOJ flashback?

Is it wrong I was hoping for a walk of atonement from Margaery? I have no idea what the High Sparrow and Tommen are up to.
    Pretty much everyone would have appreciated it. I am interested to see if Benjen hangs around after getting Bran to the Wall. I loved that Sam said screw it, we need this sword but I am interested what the ramifications will be. I think he can talk to his little brother into letting him get away but if his dad finds them they are screwed.

I wonder what Margarey's angle is? She is playing the game just like the High Sparrow.

vCash
    Is it wrong I was hoping for a walk of atonement from Margaery?