Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I thought the best part of the episode was Dany's speech at the end. And her control over Drogon. Things about to get real now that she has the baddest army in the story following her. She's arguably the most natural leader of everyone in the story, including Jon.

Sam taking Heartsbane was cool. He's finally grown a pair. And they're gonna need all the Valyrian steel they can find when the Walkers arrive.

Benjen returning was predictable but satisfying. Now he's gotta help Bran learn to control his powers. Aren't we due one more TOJ flashback?

Is it wrong I was hoping for a walk of atonement from Margaery? I have no idea what the High Sparrow and Tommen are up to.
    Dany's speech seemed manufactured to me. I don't think that she is a natural leader. There is something missing from her eyes. I'm probably being too tough on her though.

We will get the rest of the TOJ I believe.

We were all hoping to watch Natalie walk
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So they made Benjen into Coldhands. GRRM has said he wasn't in the book but you never can tell if that is still true or if they changed it for the show. Mostly boring episode. Arya getting needle back was the best thing this week. Hopefully it is a sign that she is done with Bravos.
    I wonder if this was what GRRM was referring to when he spoke of a character dead on the show but not in the books.

vCash
    Pretty weak episode tonight except for seeing the Hound again.
    Arya got what she knew was coming. Something tells me she survives though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Pretty weak episode tonight except for seeing the Hound again.
    Arya got what she knew was coming. Something tells me she survives though.
    Don't think that was Arya. we will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Don't think that was Arya. we will see.
    What are you saying? Please elaborate

vCash
    I enjoyed last night's episode. But it was definitely mostly a plot episode to set up what should be an action packed final 3 episodes. Jon, Sansa, and Davos go crootin'. Jaime takes control of the Blackwater seige in time for the Stark forces to show up, which will make it harder for the Starks. Hints that Margaery is indeed playing a larger game with the High Sparrow.

Best Moments:
    Lady Mormont - She's awesome and hilarious. Which means she'll die next week.
    Return of The Hound - He's back and he's gonna be pissed. Kinda sad they killed off Ian McShane's character so soon. He was the coolest priest ever.
    Arya - Holy shit! Or was it a Faceless Man? Was the assassination sanctioned or did the bitch go rogue?
    Bronn - Funniest line of the night in his first episode back: "Don't say it! Don't ****ing say it."
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I look forward to Arya winding up her time in Bravos. Lady Mormot was badass. So was Sansa writing to Littlefinger for the Knights of the Vale? Manderlays have to come at some point. I am also ready for Kingslanding to wrap up. They announced 7 episodes for next year so will there be a season 8?

vCash
    Lady Mormont - She's awesome and hilarious. Which means she'll die next week. Damn, you're probably right. She kicked ass though.
    Return of The Hound - He's back and he's gonna be pissed. Kinda sad they killed off Ian McShane's character so soon. He was the coolest priest ever.
    Since I heard he was cast, I've been waiting on him to show up all season. His character was short-lived, but very good. Sucks he only lasted that one episode.
    Arya - Holy shit! Or was it a Faceless Man? Was the assassination sanctioned or did the bitch go rogue?
    Bronn - Funniest line of the night in his first episode back: "Don't say it! Don't ****ing say it. I thought his funniest line was "if we were an enemy, we'd be ****in' you in the ass right now", lol. Classic Bronn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lady Mormont - She's awesome and hilarious. Which means she'll die next week. Damn, you're probably right. She kicked ass though.
    Since I heard he was cast, I've been waiting on him to show up all season. His character was short-lived, but very good. Sucks he only lasted that one episode.
    Bronn - Funniest line of the night in his first episode back: "Don't say it! Don't ****ing say it. I thought his funniest line was "if we were an enemy, we'd be ****in' you in the ass right now", lol. Classic Bronn.
    LOL, that one was good too. He had a bunch of good lines. I just thought "Don't say it" was funnier because of Bronn's extensive history with Tyrion and how often Tyrion used the phrase. It was a nice callback moment.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    LOL, that one was good too. He had a bunch of good lines. I just thought "Don't say it" was funnier because of Bronn's extensive history with Tyrion and how often Tyrion used the phrase. It was a nice callback moment.
    Yeah, good point.

vCash
    I'd say the waif went rogue. Stomach wounds are agonizing and slow ways to die
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    I'd say the waif went rogue. Stomach wounds are agonizing and slow ways to die
    This is my guess, too. Who even knows Arya is alive to put out a hit on her?

vCash
    Glad that girl without a name is dead

vCash
    Finally Arya is going to do something. I can't wait to see the bastard brawl. Anyone have a clue what Cersi is up to?

vCash
    Is Tommen the "valanquar"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    Is Tommen the "valanquar"?
    No, that's The Hound.

vCash
    Why do you think that? I'm starting to think its Tommen myself. He also just signed his own death wish. Cersei is going to be found guilty of incest, Tommen will be a bastard and not the king, Sparrow will overthrow him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Why do you think that? I'm starting to think its Tommen myself. He also just signed his own death wish. Cersei is going to be found guilty of incest, Tommen will be a bastard and not the king, Sparrow will overthrow him
    I actually never thought of the Sparrow overthrowing Tommen to become king. I don't think it would work because the Lannisters would go to war and the Faith don't have the ability to fight a real army. I think the High Sparrow will find a way to get rid of Cersi without losing his Tommen puppet on the throne. It is obvious that right now Tommen will do whatever the Sparrow tells him to do.

I think Cersi found out something about the Sparrow that she is going to use at the trial.

vCash
    Before the Lannisters can go to war Tommen is going to die somehow. When he dies Cersei is going to burn down Kings Landing. I think when she asked Qyburn about those rumors that it was about all the wildfire the Mad King hid underneath Kings Landing. Tommen dies, Cersei burns everything to the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Before the Lannisters can go to war Tommen is going to die somehow. When he dies Cersei is going to burn down Kings Landing. I think when she asked Qyburn about those rumors that it was about all the wildfire the Mad King hid underneath Kings Landing. Tommen dies, Cersei burns everything to the ground.
    I think you are right. I read somewhere that you one of Bran's visions was the Sept burning so that makes sense. If Tommen dies then who is king? I think the High Sparrow is worried that Tommen will die without a heir so he would lose his influence hence him telling Margery to get busy.