Thread: Malik day 2 at combine

vCash

Malik day 2 at combine

2nd scrimmage.
    http://stats.nba.com/draftcombine/#!...friday/?game=2

Measurables
    http://stats.nba.com/draftcombine/#!...rt=_NAME&dir=1

Didn't watch this one, but stats are not improved. Can't imagine he is draftable right now.

B

vCash
    I watched most of his game yesterday and he shows flashes but he's mostly invisible. Any team after him will do it based on projections because right now he's not showing anything nba ready in these games

vCash
    We really need them to tell him to take his ass back to school for another year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We really need them to tell him to take his ass back to school for another year
    Come back as a 2, shoot the lights out, and improve defense... That's his best bet

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Come back as a 2, shoot the lights out, and improve defense... That's his best bet
    I agree. He is not a point guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I agree. He is not a point guard.
    But he can't be a starting 2 at 6'3", 190 lb in the modern NBA either. Either he's got to come back and PG has to click with him, or he's going to be a career role player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    But he can't be a starting 2 at 6'3", 190 lb in the modern NBA either. Either he's got to come back and PG has to click with him, or he's going to be a career role player.
    This

If an NBA team is looking for an undersized SG with avg measurables , who can't guard his position, has a good shot, but has difficulty creating space on that level, then we are screwed.

@ MSU, he can work on his handles and learn from Howland how to maximize his ability. Maybe he makes a leap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungB View Post
    This

If an NBA team is looking for an undersized SG with avg measurables , who can't guard his position, has a good shot, but has difficulty creating space on that level, then we are screwed.

@ MSU, he can work on his handles and learn from Howland how to maximize his ability. Maybe he makes a leap.
    We're in the business of trying to win games, not develop pg's. Ready is just a decent pg, but he looked like an AA at the 1 compared to Malik. If Malik is only in play for us as a 1, I'd rather go forward with ready, potential transfer, or peters.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Height isn't holding him back to be a 2 in the league. They're quite a few 2's in the 6'3"-6'4" range. Monta Ellis, CJ McCollum, Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, & Dion Waiters are just a few off my head. His height isn't the issue right now it's his game needs more development.

vCash
    I hope he goes pro because watching him transfer would hurt.........

He is not returning to MSU, as I've said before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post

He is not transferring either. That is about the dumbest idea ever for a guy trying to get in the NBA as quickly as possible. If he just doesn't want college I could see the D league or Europe but transferring is downright bogus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post

Let's revisit this after May 21st. The transfer rumor is just pure bullshit.

vCash
    And State fans please shut the hell up about a transfer rumor here. Not only is it complete bullshit but it makes absolutely zero sense that a guy who wants to get to the NBA as quickly as possible would transfer sit out one year and play college basketball in two years to play in the NBA in three years. It's complete bullshit of the highest bullshit.

vCash
    Here's to hoping you guys are right........as a fan of Malik and MSU, I surely would not want to see him transfer.