Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The mantra I've seen that I expect to be their gold standard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Response:

"we got punished for doing what everybody is doing- and everybody was just jealous that we did it better"
    I've already seen that from some of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Response:

"we got punished for doing what everybody is doing- and everybody was just jealous that we did it better"
    Sure. Most of us go a few miles over the speed limit here and there. Ole Miss is that douchebag who runs his rusty Pinto to 80 in a 35 and then gives everyone else crap about how much faster their car is/better they are at driving. No, dude, you're being reckless as hell, and the reason everyone else is laughing at your bisch azz for getting caught sure isn't jealously.
    Last edited by NYDawg; 05-13-2016 at 06:49 PM.

vCash
    One comparison that comes to mind for me is Mt St Helens. Geologists and everyone else knew there was an event about to take place. Then a gigantic bulge appeared in the side of the mountain. Getting the hell out made quite a bit of sense. But nope, the entire landscape blew when Duncil blabbed on draft night with 10 million or more watching.

Funny thing is there are so many of them are still taking notes from Harry Truman. (Old fella who stayed despite being warned of the inevitable doom, not the former Pres.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Everybody breaks laws... Jeffrey Dahmer just got caught...
    He just got too hungry.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Here is the route problem with Ole Miss- They believe they are relevant in college football history, and entitled to compete for championships.

Cold hard truth- They aren't. They have 1 disputed championship before black people were even allowed to play. Congrats

It is because of this warped self image that they think they no one should raise an eyebrow about them pulling in top 5 recruiting classes. I mean Oxford is the epicenter of the charming southern town universe right ?* Problem is there is the rest of the country who thinks of Ole Miss for what it is - A small, average southern town with a very checkered racial background, and more importantly a nobody when it comes to college football. History proves this. Hell look at the last 10 years before 2013:

2003 Ole Miss 10?3 7?1
    2004 Ole Miss 4?7 3?5
    2005 Ole Miss 3?8 1?7
    2006 Ole Miss 4?8 2?6
    2007 Ole Miss 3?9 0?8
    2008 Ole Miss 9?4 5?3
    2009 Ole Miss 9?4 4?4
    2010 Ole Miss 4?8 1?7
    2011 Ole Miss 2?10 0?8
    2012 Ole Miss 7?6 3?5

Total- 55-67 (28-54) 45% winning percentage total. 34% winning percentage in SEC. These numbers are literally the definition of below average. Literally.

So, Image if other below average teams just all of a sudden started pulling in Top 5 recruiting classes in the same manner. What would the rest of the country think? They would think the same thing they think about the rebels- Cheaters. Imagine if you woke up tomorrow and Purdue has gotten the best player out of Tennessee as well as 3 of the 5 best players from Florida. Or next year Washington State Pulls the #1 OL out of Texas and the #1 WR out of LA. UM has been doing this for the past 3 years.

So when the hammer comes down on the rebels soon (and it will) they have no one to blame but themselves, with their arrogance, narcissism, and dirty money. The Rebels made and shit their bed, and now they have to lie in it. The NCAA is about to send them back to being below average, but the good news is that they should feel comfortable there, because that is what they always have been.

vCash
    I've figured out a good one for the Reb lurkers, and I think it qualifies as some grade-A delusion only UM could get away with. Check it out: "I had lunch with a big-time, well connected lawyer and he told me the rest of the SEC is just trying to dismantle our (UM's) coaching staff because we are so good and they are scared of us. Other SEC coaches are hoping to cherry pick our coaches, too, and give them jobs if their plan succeeds. It just shows how obsessed everybody is with us and how they want to be us. Hotty toddy!"

How about that? Would that work? I'm so surprised I haven't seen that anywhere yet.