Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can't make this stuff up..

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    This is really the crux of the issue. If the NCAA doesn't absolutely drop the hammer on Northern Miss, it is literally anything goes in college football. If you think it's bad now, you won't even be able to imagine what will go on if the NCAA doesn't take a stand. We're about to find out if the NCAA still believes itself to be relevant or if it's going to commit suicide.

And the thought just occurred to me as I'm typing: If this level of systemic cheating is allowed to continue, the farce of "amateur athletics" will be forever dead. Just declare these guys semi-pro after HS, do away with college affiliation, and pay them. Because that's what it'll be, except with the headache of taxpayer funding propping up semi-pro sports. And that's an absolute scam to use tax payer dollars for that purpose.
    Great post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    No!!!
    Why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Why not?
    I think a kid should have a say so if where they go to college. Let's say Jim bob is an UA all American with a 4.0 gpa and 1600 sat. Jim Bob wants to play football at Stanford and get a world class degree in the process, but he gets drafted by a school (won't name one) with terrible academics. I don't think this is fair to jim bob

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think a kid should have a say so if where they go to college. Let's say Jim bob is an UA all American with a 4.0 gpa and 1600 sat. Jim Bob wants to play football at Stanford and get a world class degree in the process, but he gets drafted by a school (won't name one) with terrible academics. I don't think this is fair to jim bob
    Yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    This is really the crux of the issue. If the NCAA doesn't absolutely drop the hammer on Northern Miss, it is literally anything goes in college football. If you think it's bad now, you won't even be able to imagine what will go on if the NCAA doesn't take a stand. We're about to find out if the NCAA still believes itself to be relevant or if it's going to commit suicide.

And the thought just occurred to me as I'm typing: If this level of systemic cheating is allowed to continue, the farce of "amateur athletics" will be forever dead. Just declare these guys semi-pro after HS, do away with college affiliation, and pay them. Because that's what it'll be, except with the headache of taxpayer funding propping up semi-pro sports. And that's an absolute scam to use tax payer dollars for that purpose.
    If there is not going to be any rule enforcement then it SHOULD be anything goes. That would be the most fair way. Then, everyone might not have equal resources but everyone would have equal opportunity. Right now you apparently have some schools attempting to play by the rules and then you have some schools intentionally skirting every rule out there to get players. Nothing fair about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Oh yeah, I agree completely. I was just being contrary to mess with preacher.

vCash
    Best case scenario: Ole Miss gets the Walking Death penalty so we can watch them writhe for 12 months. Then the second NOA comes and there's nothing left to do but plow the Grove under for half a decade.