Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can't make this stuff up..

Banned
    vCash

You can't make this stuff up..

An Ole Misser just told me from his own mouth these words. "Yes we cheated and yes it was freeze but no matter what the punishment is as long as it's not a post season ban then it was worth it". That's gonna be the new OM stance when they have to admit it's bad. Too bad for him that a post season ban is likely.

vCash
    Kind of an odd stance. A steep reduction of scholarships is in essence a delayed postseason ban and far more damaging than just a one year bowl ban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    An Ole Misser just told me from his own mouth these words. "Yes we cheated and yes it was freeze but no matter what the punishment is as long as it's not a post season ban then it was worth it". That's gonna be the new OM stance when they have to admit it's bad. Too bad for him that a post season ban is likely.
    At least he's honest. All they care about is how they are perceived. Nothing else matters. So as long as they can flaunt around the Sugar Bowl trophy and know they can go to other bowl games then they will always think it is worth it. Hell, how many on this board would take a slap on the wrist for a NY6 bowl victory and heartbeat from missing the SECCG? Show of hands.

vCash
    I can kinda see where he's coming from. Before freeze, they stunk... Real bad. After that terrible stretch, a few really strong years would be worth it if you can't get there playing fair. If they would've beat Arkansas last year, they'd most likely have been sec champs and it would've been worth it for sure imo

Banned
    vCash
    Even if the wins are vacated? I don't agree. Big Reduction of scholarships is detrimental.

Banned
    vCash
    9 over 3. We didnt cheat. All in WBB and track.****

vCash
    The post season ban may be the least of their concerns when it all comes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I can kinda see where he's coming from. Before freeze, they stunk... Real bad. After that terrible stretch, a few really strong years would be worth it if you can't get there playing fair. If they would've beat Arkansas last year, they'd most likely have been sec champs and it would've been worth it for sure imo
    But they didn't win the West, or the SEC, and should have with all that talent. In the end the five star egos get in the way of working towards a goal as a team.

As a State fan for many years I've been happy with our successes of late. I'd rather have players who are coach-able and are proud of their relationship with the university than some elite whose family sells their soul(s) to a false prophet.

vCash
    If they don't cheat, we kick their ass annually.
    "Nothing but the dawg in me..." George Clinton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I can kinda see where he's coming from. Before freeze, they stunk... Real bad.
    But, but, but, 3 Cotton Bowls.

vCash
    He's pretty much right. The minimum realistic goal of every team is to go to a bowl every year. Unless you take that prize away, they can still claim it and flaunt it to recruits. Scholly limits will hurt and make it harder to get to a bowl but imagine how hard it will be to sell the program when you have to tell a recruit that there is zero chance he'll ever play in a bowl game or championship game if he signs with you.

They can vacate wins all damn day and it won't matter one bit. I don't care if they have to give back the Sugar Bowl trophy from last year. I saw them beat the ever living shit out of Okie State on the field and that's what recruits will remember too.

vCash
    I believe the NCAA will change their minds about whether it was worth it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    I believe the NCAA will change their minds about whether it was worth it or not.
    This is actually the biggest thing at stake in this case. The NCAA must make it known that cheating isn't worth it.

1. The Miami case was about an agent and benefits, not about systematic cheating by Miami to gain an edge.

2. The USC case was about Reggie Bush living in a house he wasn't paying for and, again, somewhat inadvertent. I'm not sure USC purposefully organized this.

IMO, letting it be known that cheating isn't worth it has to be the NCAA's number one goal in this investigation. This is potentially the most organized, systematic cheating that has ever happened. OM won't get the death penalty but think you could argue that they've cheated on a broader scale than SMU

vCash
    Who needs scholarships when there is so much money under the table and thru underground "resources "?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Even if the wins are vacated? I don't agree. Big Reduction of scholarships is detrimental.
    This is what I don't understand. How are they gonna get away from this? Aren't they supposed to vacate wins if they played an ineligible player? I think it goes without saying that, at the very least, Tunsil was ineligible.

Either way, as far as what preachermatt's UM friend told him, he's just spitting out anything to try and make you think this isn't bothering him. It's eating him up inside, he just doesn't want anyone to know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is actually the biggest thing at stake in this case. The NCAA must make it known that cheating isn't worth it.

1. The Miami case was about an agent and benefits, not about systematic cheating by Miami to gain an edge.

2. The USC case was about Reggie Bush living in a house he wasn't paying for and, again, somewhat inadvertent. I'm not sure USC purposefully organized this.

IMO, letting it be known that cheating isn't worth it has to be the NCAA's number one goal in this investigation. This is potentially the most organized, systematic cheating that has ever happened. OM won't get the death penalty but think you could argue that they've cheated on a broader scale than SMU
    Yeah, this isn't Redmond level stuff here. It's twenty times worse. The NCAA has to make an example out of om or the entire college football world is gonna turn into a Mad Max movie.

Senior Member ScreenCaptureThis's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    This is what I don't understand. How are they gonna get away from this? Aren't they supposed to vacate wins if they played an ineligible player? I think it goes without saying that, at the very least, Tunsil was ineligible.

Either way, as far as what preachermatt's UM friend told him, he's just spitting out anything to try and make you think this isn't bothering him. It's eating him up inside, he just doesn't want anyone to know that.
    Absolutely!

And I'm just not sold on the Sugar Bowl being this great big WOW factor. It's great to mention it, but I can't see a recruit saying "WOW, you won the Sugar Bowl? I'm in!!!" When they're heading to Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, etc and looking at National Championship trophies combine with SEC trophies.

They're out-recruiting the big boys based on $$$ and $$$ alone. Once the magnifying glass was placed on them, I think you'll see that the best recruits they pull will be those that they were pulling before this push. Same reason they're currently sitting around the 45th spot right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, this isn't Redmond level stuff here. It's twenty times worse. The NCAA has to make an example out of om or the entire college football world is gonna turn into a Mad Max movie.
    This is really the crux of the issue. If the NCAA doesn't absolutely drop the hammer on Northern Miss, it is literally anything goes in college football. If you think it's bad now, you won't even be able to imagine what will go on if the NCAA doesn't take a stand. We're about to find out if the NCAA still believes itself to be relevant or if it's going to commit suicide.

And the thought just occurred to me as I'm typing: If this level of systemic cheating is allowed to continue, the farce of "amateur athletics" will be forever dead. Just declare these guys semi-pro after HS, do away with college affiliation, and pay them. Because that's what it'll be, except with the headache of taxpayer funding propping up semi-pro sports. And that's an absolute scam to use tax payer dollars for that purpose.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    This is really the crux of the issue. If the NCAA doesn't absolutely drop the hammer on Northern Miss, it is literally anything goes in college football. If you think it's bad now, you won't even be able to imagine what will go on if the NCAA doesn't take a stand. We're about to find out if the NCAA still believes itself to be relevant or if it's going to commit suicide.

And the thought just occurred to me as I'm typing: If this level of systemic cheating is allowed to continue, the farce of "amateur athletics" will be forever dead. Just declare these guys semi-pro after HS, do away with college affiliation, and pay them. Because that's what it'll be, except with the headache of taxpayer funding propping up semi-pro sports. And that's an absolute scam to use tax payer dollars for that purpose.
    Pay them and have a college draft.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Pay them and have a college draft.
    No!!!