Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitz

vCash

Fitz

Don't know if it has been posted or not but Athlon ranked Fitz the 10th best QB in the SEC. Had Kelly 1st and Brandon Harris 3rd. Harris being ranked that high solely based on tenure as the starting QB is a little crazy in my opinion. He has been downright terrible. Kelly is solid but it will be interesting to see how he handles all the changes along the line and losing Treadwell. I think the scheme they run will benefit him. As for Fitz I think he will wind up better than 10th by the seasons end. Not sure where I would have him at the start of the season though. Thoughts?

vCash
    /fart

vCash
    I can't argue with Kelly being first. He was the 2nd best QB in the conference last year and #1 has graduated and plays for the Cowboys now. I'm not sure if he will be as productive this year as he was last year but they have talent.

Harris I think at best is one of those guys that you ask to be a game manager - he's not going to win games for you all by himself.

vCash
    I think Athlon is just selling magazines by "literally" throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I doubt Dak was ranked much higher than that prior to his first year of starting.

vCash
    What a joke. I'm a better QB than Brandon Harris (and I'm not very good). Even though we've yet to see Fitz as a starter, I'd take him any day of the week over Harris. I really wonder sometimes how they come up with this stuff.

vCash
    I have a friend who lives out of state, he says he heard from a parent who's son is on scholarship, players don't like Fitz. Said he was cocky, a loner and not liked. I have heard just the opposite. Has anyone heard Fitz isn't a leader, not liked, cocky and a loner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I have a friend who lives out of state, he says he heard from a parent who's son is on scholarship, players don't like Fitz. Said he was cocky, a loner and not liked. I have heard just the opposite. Has anyone heard Fitz isn't a leader, not liked, cocky and a loner?
    He's not a rah rah guy.

Banned
    vCash
    The few players that I know like him.

vCash
    David Murray posted something similar to this on Genes Page within the last few months. I don't remember exactly what he posted, but what I took from it was that Fitz is cocky enough for it to be off-putting to other players at times and that it is something that he needs to work on.

vCash
    Fitz is enjoying college life, maybe too much at times. Yes, he is extremely cocky - some people will be rubbed the wrong way by his brand of confidence. I heard a story about Mullen getting in his face during a spring practice and telling him that he was nearly as good as he thinks he is........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    Fitz is enjoying college life, maybe too much at times. Yes, he is extremely cocky - some people will be rubbed the wrong way by his brand of confidence. I heard a story about Mullen getting in his face during a spring practice and telling him that he was nearly as good as he thinks he is........
    So you mean he is a typical QB? I am sure guys are having to adjust from our atypical once in a generation QB to a different guy. A lot of that will go away once the position is settled. If he wins, the players will love the cockiness. If he loses, it will be another story.

vCash
    [QUOTE=basedog;552686]I have a friend who lives out of state, he says he heard from a parent who's son is on scholarship, players don't like Fitz. Said he was cocky, a loner and not liked. I have heard just the opposite. Has anyone heard Fitz isn't a leader, not liked, cocky and a loner?[/QUOTE

Fitz and Gabe Myles live together..
    I hope he is cocky.. He better be..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So you mean he is a typical QB? I am sure guys are having to adjust from our atypical once in a generation QB to a different guy. A lot of that will go away once the position is settled. If he wins, the players will love the cockiness. If he loses, it will be another story.
    BS...That's old school. If he's cocky he won't win the team over nor the spot for that matter. Confident you need cocky ....NO.

vCash
    We're worried about our QB being cocky? No wonder we fold like a cheap suit in the big games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    BS...That's old school. If he's cocky he won't win the team over nor the spot for that matter. Confident you need cocky ....NO.
    You complimented him when u said its old school. Old school is great. Generation snowflake may have trouble understanding this. Maybe they will organize a protest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    We're worried about our QB being cocky? No wonder we fold like a cheap suit in the big games.
    It's more team chemistry the concern. I've never played with a cocky Qb that won a lot of games besides highschool and the team still hated him.

vCash
    When the badly needed development of the offense depends upon players' voluntary willingly getting together over the summer to practice together, how players view the QB personally is important.

It's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. It usually is a matter of being grateful and polite to others while maintaining that there is nothing that you cannot do. My suggestion would be for him to find ways to show his appreciation to other people from the lunch ladies, his OL (who likely get him sacked to much), his WRs and RBs, to his coaches.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Don't know if it has been posted or not but Athlon ranked Fitz the 10th best QB in the SEC. Had Kelly 1st and Brandon Harris 3rd. Harris being ranked that high solely based on tenure as the starting QB is a little crazy in my opinion. He has been downright terrible. Kelly is solid but it will be interesting to see how he handles all the changes along the line and losing Treadwell. I think the scheme they run will benefit him. As for Fitz I think he will wind up better than 10th by the seasons end. Not sure where I would have him at the start of the season though. Thoughts?
    Where would Williams rank? Because I'm betting he starts the 1st game if all stays the same as of right now
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    David Murray posted something similar to this on Genes Page within the last few months. I don't remember exactly what he posted, but what I took from it was that Fitz is cocky enough for it to be off-putting to other players at times and that it is something that he needs to work on.
    I believe it was the spring game last year or maybe even the year before that he took it in the endzone from about 3 out on a QB keeper and lowered his shoulder on Chris Jones on the way in. He was wearing a green jersey so Chris just met him with a thud instead of crushing him. They exchanged some good natured words over it, but they were both all smiles. I remember thinking then that this Fitzgereld guy had some moxy. Whether that is something that the players like or something that turns people off as cockiness, we'll see. If he gets in there and leads us to TDs and W's, I suspect everyone will think it's great. If he is the starter and we lose to USCe I'm sure we'll hear about how much of a jerk he is.

I've been thinking Fitz will be the guy, but I'm starting to have this odd feeling that Tiano is going to win the job at some point in the year.